Lowe's Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Lots of hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
Management was very bad never enough people working in any department which leads to an overwhelming amount of preventable issues. a typical day as a cashier doesn't involve many things other than cashing in and out people. a typical day at the customer service desk involves returns, price matches, van rentals, delivery dates, online pickups, as well as general customer inquiries and issues. the hardest part of the job for me was the hours they gave 44 hours a week but not including breaks it comes to 40 hours I was paid as part-time staff and didn't get any benefits. the scheduling is not very flexible ex 10-7 12-9 etc. overall the job itself is doable they train you as a cashier but don't train you at the customer service desk they just throw you in.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
long hours usually 9 hour shifts
Management needs to be changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2018
Management needs to be changed. Very poor at communicating with their employees. Not enough machine operators in store. Store is a mess, product placement is never correct either.
Great Values and Opportunities.
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2018
Lowe's offers good job security and career advancement options. They provide good structure and values to help their teams grow and in so provide better customer service.
Ok place to work if you like retail
Product Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lowe's Brampton7 January 2018
Not a bad place to work, people are friendly, there is room for advancement, but the pay is minimum and slightly above. There is a lot of cronyism between friends and it is difficult to get into an area that you really want.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Little control on shift work
Well integrated,performance oriented and customer driven approach
Kitchen specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 December 2017
Lowe's has a congenial workplace environment with an exceptional customer oriented approach. It has a well balanced competitive atmosphere which enables the associates to deliver their best as per the customers needs and expectations.
Living up to the expectations of the customers and delivering the promised services is challenging, but at Lowes we endeavor for excellence
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
Productive and fun place to work
Good Environment
Job Description:
~ Support store management to facilitate the completion of all store
level tasks through agility, physical strength, use of PPE, stamina,
visual acuity, proper lifting techniques, hand-eye coordination,
climbing, manual dexterity in different working conditions.
~ Replenish products and supplies to ensure stock availability and
display at all times
~ Update store management regarding customer requests and vendor
related concerns, processing customer sales and orders using cash
~ Maintain safe and secure working environment on the sales floor
and assisting store patrons with exceptional customer service.
Good place to work if you don't have a life
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2017
Decent place to work if you're in school and need the money. Long hours and no fixed schedule makes it hard to have a life outside of work. People and customers are nice to work with.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
No fixed schedule
summery
Customer Service Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2017
working here is a good experience especially if you are new and want some job experience. Lowes is flexible with your school schedule and personal life.
Fast paced, and hard work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2017
A lot of fast paced and heavy lifting, customer service is key point but lack of staffing makes it difficult to manage multiple tasks at once. Lack of guidence and leadership makes it a difficult work place to manage yourself in and he higher the management goes the less they know what's happening
Team Leader
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2017
This job was very fast paced, but a stable environment. I would highly recommend working here if you don't mind getting your hands on experience with building material and great customers.
Great environment
Cashier/ Outside Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 May 2017
One of the better places I personally have worked, i learned a lot while working here, they take the time to make sure that you are comfortable and understand how to do everything
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
Satisfied, pay is on time and managers are great! workplace environment is okay and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers .
Great Place to work, not much room for advancement
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 March 2017
Lowe's North Brampton is a great place to work, but there is not very much room for advancement. the environment is amazing and the people are friendly but it was not the right career for me.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Minimum pay
Fast paced and hard working environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2017
Working here was great. However Lowe's in its prime season can be a little challenging. I recommend working here if you enjoy constantly doing a task and working with customers for long periods of time.
Fun Workplace
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
Fun atmosphere in company. Day by Day i am learning new things. Every single day i learn something new and my co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Long Lunch, Free hours
Cons
heavy work
lowe's review
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2016
A typical day at work is a busy day that consists of many many things. I am a person that likes to work at a very good pace so time could move effectively and efficiently. I do more than what I am supposed to do, as I know how to operate many aspects at Lowe's. Managers are very friendly towards me as I am to them. I adhere to all tasks that I am assigned to, and if I can I will do other tasks to pass time. I am very talkative and friendly towards my co-workers. Almost every worker at Lowe's at the location at work at knows who I am and always greets me with a smile, as I do the same. As I work 2 jobs and go to post secondary, the hardest part of the job is to be "punctual". I am always on time for work, but there are times when I leave 30 mins to an hour early so I could catch up on school work or get to bed on time so I could wake up at 5am in the morning to go to my morning workplace. There are many things to enjoy about working at Lowe's. My most enjoyable part is helping customers that are very friendly and I love my co-workers.
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
A cooperative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2016
I loved the staff I worked with, however the management was unapproachable, uncooperative and was never willing to compromise.
Pros
My friends
Cons
Very fun place to work with friendly assiocates.
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 November 2015
A place where everyone works hard to achieve there goals for the day but also help each other. Gained a lot of experience working at Lowes much more than I have excepted. Management and the employees got along very well even if sometimes we did not see eye to eye but very respectful. Enjoy the job every minute of it.
Pros
I have learned alot. Gained alot of experience.
Cons
All about the numbers.

57.8K