Lowe's Employee Reviews

Young Student treated unjust and was fired for no reason and without proper explanation
Receiver/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Heart Lake, ON6 August 2018
I'm twenty years old, a student and a hard worker. I worked for Lowes for a month and a half. I was hired in June 2018 and was wrongfully dismissed in July 2018. I came into work every day on time and even worked overtime if the work wasn't finished or more work was needed to be done. I had mean supervisors in the receiving department who made me lift up heavy boxes that strained my back and wouldn't even assist me or help me in any way. I asked several times to get trained for the forklift so I could get the work done faster and more efficiently but they never trained me. I have the forklift license but it is not valid at lowes unless they train me and they lied to me and said they would train me and never did. Managment doesn't manage breaks properly and abuse their authority. you have supervisors and employees who have worked for a long time leave the building to go to Tim Hortons or for breakfast on their paid 15-minute breaks and usually take way longer than 15-minutes. Then for the new workers, they rush you to go on break and tell you that due to busy workflow and how fast you work you may not get a break. I have worked numerous shifts where I haven't gotten all my breaks and was used to do all the heavy lifting with no one to help support me. I've had supervisors and or co-workers make me feel uncomfortable by talking in a different language around me while laughing. Lastly, before I was dismissed my supervisor made me take out the garbage which was totally wrong. This wasn't work meant for a lowes associate to do but the garbage disposal company. Lastly, I am still  more... waiting for my last paycheck they said I would get all my money on my last paycheck but it didn't include everything.  less
Pros
Paid Breaks and good enough wage to raise a family
Cons
improper work settings, management treats employees like slaves
amazing work place
Cashier, Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 August 2018
I learnt a lot. It was grateful that I was part of lowes. The management and work place is so supportive. I enjoyed working over there. It was a great learning for me.
Overall a good place to work
DEPARTMENT MANAGER FREIGHT FLOW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2018
I enjoyed my time at Lowes and would go back. Hrs are ok but it is retail so expected to work at least 2 nights a week and 2 to 3 weekends a month depending on position. The store I was at had 2 good managers and 2 that were really not warranted for the positions they were in. Store manager was great. A bit of a Micro manager but personality was awesome.
its a good place to work
Product Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
the people are good and management treats you right. the salary could be better but the environment makes up for the wage. there are lots of opportunity to move forward
wonderful social events and perks
associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 July 2018
great social programs for families
very long hours of work
needs improvement like any other job
lengthy break hours is good to replenish
clean and tidy environment(multiple lunchrooms,washrooms)
Pros
good work and break hours
Not such a bad place
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON23 July 2018
It’ was an ok place to work and at times a little bit confusing for me to understand and keep onto top of things some of the people were very nice and others not so much but it was decent work
My experience at Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 July 2018
I got to say, working at Lowes is a fun experience. I learn so many stuff about how the store operates. I work from 8 am to 2 pm 5 days a week. I'm a customer service at garden centre. My responsibilities include watering plants, provide knowledge about the plants, and customer service. Hardest part is to memorize over 500 species of plants and their function. The best part is coworkers. They are fun and enjoyable. I even have a fun time with my Assistant Store Manager.
Pros
Lots of break time. 2 x 15 minute break and one hour lunch break
Cons
Organize with product and customers
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2018
friendly environment
Workplace culture is good,
sometimes management gets too hard on the employees by providing less staff.
Every Friday we have a potluck for each department.
Pros
great environment and friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes less staff and management issues
Great place to develop customer service, leadership and merchandising skills.
Human Resources Manager, Calgary and London (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2018
Very busy environment from the time you come in for your shift to the end of your shift. If you enjoy helping customers, completing tasks in your department, learning about home improvement, and being part of a team, this is the place for you. There are opportunities to move to other departments and positions if you are reliable, and don't mind a little hard work. You will make good friends here - everyone is welcomed, and everyone will be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Pros
Friendly working environment.
Cons
Depending on the department you work in, it can be heavy work.
Awsome workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 July 2018
Diverse workplace, with good management and helpful team. Given proper training given and answered all the question asked while training. Fun place to work at.
Team spirited workplace
Seasonal Employee Inside Lawn and Garden (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario15 July 2018
I've come here to explain why this question should not be asked. I will try and do it within the minimum required characters required to type this description.
Big company, great benefits, inefficient
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB11 July 2018
Overall good company to work for. Great benefits, good pay for the industry, but they operate with too few people and ask for way too much from those people. The company is operated very inefficiently and they use old, glitchy systems.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Not enough staff, hard work, inefficient
Nice Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
I worked here temporarily. The team are so helpful, work is not really hard. Except that your work schedule (time and day) keeps on changing every week.
Sarnia Lowes Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 July 2018
I reviewed Lowe's of Sarnia quite a while ago and see it wasn't posted, Guess they don't want the truth to be out there . If you want to work for a store that management cares less about you and you are treated poorly than by all means apply. I worked there for a grueling 2 years and hated every second of it. Every thursday corporate would come down and walk people.Worse place I ever worked at.
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Going in to work
Might not get your break on time, learned a lot from more experienced staff, welcoming atmosphere especially from older co-workers.
Full-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
A typical day at Lowe's can start at 6 a.m. and end at 11 p.m. So be prepared to be flexible and work shift work. Don't expect to get your break on time due to the fact that it is on a schedule and is followed by the head cashier. Only, this person can allow you to go on breaks.
If someone, phones in sick the schedule stays the same. The workplace culture is typical of any retail sales job. You, gossip about what everyone, is saying and doing. The hardest part of the job is trying to get along with everyone else. Having to learn about the different products in each department. What you are allowed to do and when you should be calling for department manager or supervisor. Also, having to clean up especially the washrooms after the store is closed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always busy, meeting people, you could have great staff to work with, wages a little higher than other retailers, helping people, promotion.
Pros
One hour lunch and two fifteen minutes break. Full benefits as a Part time employee.
Cons
low salary, difficulty to advance, can be demoted, fired easily, expected to meet sales target.
It's a fun place to work but no job security
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2018
There are awesome and fun workers at Lowe's which make you enjoy your job there but the job security is low. The managers are kind of strict to work with.
Good
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
good place to work part-time or for students. flexible hours and frindly staff. Service is great always fluctuated with customers situations and needs.
Mediocre, Opportunity for sales
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Lots of tasking, very easy to keep busy
Fast paced work environment
Big company feeling with lots of policies
Decent opportunity to improve sales skills
Tactical over Strategic
National Director of Operations and Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2018
Typical day at work would involve reviewing sales and operational opportunities to drive sales and expense optimization.
Visit stores and interact with leaders in the stores, both offer and solicit feedback for successes, opportunities.
Meet regularly with my direct reports during weekly one on ones, and review their teams and solicit feedback on several levers of performance and interaction
Workplace culture is one of servant leadership through building a foundation of great people, to interact and build relationships with our customers both internal and external. Then focus through a passion of execution.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to develop your people to achieve the skills to move on to the next position and succeed.
Pros
Leading a great team that has acheived superior results
Cons
Current Integration after the RONA aquisition
Good at learning new skills
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2018
Lowe's is a hard place to work for. People are quitting faster than they can hire and having limited staff can be very complicated. I have made a lot of new friends there and everyone is nice. Being in retail, you will always get fustrating and difficult customers. The manage isn't the best as they don't always see the biggest problems.