Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 691 reviews matching the search See all 30,979 reviews
very busy
Head Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON15 February 2019
I enjoyed working at Lowes. It was a very fast paced environment.
Learning new skills while I was there such as DOS.

Different customer clientele from the Casino and enjoyed the staff I worked with
Pros
discount
Cons
business closed
Horrible Management/HR
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 February 2019
I worked for Lowe's for about a month in the summer of 2018 which for the most part I would have enjoyed as much as I did while working for home depot 3 years prior. If it was not for a severe cut in hours I would most likely be still working there at the moment but management decided to cut me down too 15.5-17 hours per week at the start of august while still wanting me to come in for 5 shifts a week.
safe healthy envirnment work place meeting new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB12 February 2019
Support from management, team work freedom to work independently meeting new people making costumers feel welcome meeting their needs always greeting them learning something new everyday from customers and employees giving your 100% everyday make the company proud
Pros
safe envirnment
Cons
feet hurts from wearing steel boot
Associates are helpful to each other, safety is a key, training is on going
Commercial Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON10 February 2019
Associates all work together to help each other making the work environment pleasant. Training is on going from safety, to each department within Lowe's. Benefits are available. Hours are flexible.
Pros
Cons
No issues
learning products
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2019
interesting place to work met nice people whom I worked with
learned about the products and how to use them
trained on forklift
help customs carry out and advise on some of the products
Can be an easy job but with frustrating management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 February 2019
Working as a Customer Service Associate at Lowe's can be easy enough and people who work there are mostly pleasant. HR is helpful and while you don't get paid more than minimum wage you do get paid extra for Civic holidays which I don't think is mandatory. Some departments are very understaffed and overworked, and some seemed like they never had anything to do.

The systems for requesting time off, scheduling, clocking in/out, etc., were all really well organized.

Management could be really petty and has a high turnover at this store. If you're under the age of 30 and call in sick (even just once) managers and other staff will complain and gossip. A constant game of gossiping about who thinks they do more work than others. Young staff don't seem to have as many opportunities for advancement and aren't taken very seriously. Not the best work environment because of staff attitudes, but it could be a lot worse.
Pros
Free food days, schedules far in advance
Cons
Negative environment, inconsistent management
Stressful Delivery Department
Daytime Delivery Guy (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 February 2019
At Lowes my job is to pull customer orders that my night counterpart always seems fail to do. It's difficult to pull the orders during the day with all the customers in the store, so that's why it's up to the night time guy to pull them. I ask daytime associates to help pull these orders but they complain and are lazy. My job should only be to answer phones or call customers saying their orders are ready nothing more as I don't get paid enough!!!
Pros
Health Benefits? For Full and Parttime only!
Cons
Low Retail Pay, Stress everyday, Mostly Selfish Co-Workers, Uncaring Management
its good working environment, you will learn a lot. but too much physical work
SALES SPECIALIST APPLAINCE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2019
lots of things to learn and gain experience. but too much physical work.
meet different poeple, learn new things about products, go for seminars. good benefits and you can have vacation on pay.
Pros
gain new knowledge
Cons
too much physical work
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA25 January 2019
Amazing environment to work in especially the people. The managers were all really helpful and most of all they all made me feel safe and secure to work with. Great place to work either if your trying to find a place to work part time or full time!
Pros
felt safe
Good Place to work
Sales Specialist-Cabinets (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2019
good management and co workers , opportunity to grow is nice and co workers always come forward to assist you in case of need and management listens to you if you have any issues
Pros
CO-workers, management, workenvironment
Cons
shift management
Good company
Merchandising Specialist - Live Nursery (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2019
Good environment nice people. Good possibility of chances to grow.
This is a good company to learn some good skills that will be easily transferable when looking for other corporate jobs in the future
I would not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON21 January 2019
Unfortunately management makes it impossible to advance. They tend to favour individuals in their 40’s + with less education, a family and a mortgage. They are worried that young and ambitious people with a strong educational background will leave for better opportunities, so they try to avoid promoting them as much as possible. They will be overlooked for full-time work too. For young adults, there is a solid glass ceiling.

There also tends to be a lot of ‘clicks’, the job culture reminded me of high school.... ‘mean girls’ and everything. I wouldn’t recommend working here. Lowe’s is where dreams go to die...
Very friendly environment to work and job satisfaction
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE, Lowe's Home Improvement (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC15 January 2019
I loved being part of Lowe's Family. Very good management and friendly environment. Gave me job satisfaction and also developed my managerial and people skills.
Enjoyable Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paradise, NL15 January 2019
I have worked with the same company for the last 16 years. I enjoy going to work and I love my job. I get along with my co-workers really well. The management team is easy going. Great customer service.
Pros
Enjoyable staff
Cons
Closing our location
Not the worst retail job you can end up in
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2019
A lot of petty nonsense and drama. Managers who don't really know what they're doing, lazy coworkers who will make your day longer. This is offset by the few people you will work with who are thankfully the opposite. But ultimately it is a retail job. It is a mess. Avoid the crooked or petty Managers and otherwise keep a smile on your face with your head down if you wind up stuck working here
Pros
Typical retail work
Cons
Typical retail work
It is a good place to work
part time cashier (Former Employee) –  London Ontario10 January 2019
I loved working at Lowe's as t was fun. there was a proper paid training on system and on floor. Head cashiers are always there to help the front end cashier. all the management staff is very supportive and co-operative in all the way.
amazing place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 January 2019
supervising front end , making sure everything running smoothly, making sure staff gets everything they needs. customer service is main thing .. making sure the breaks for staff member are taken at right time ,,
Pros
customer
Cons
long day
Good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
At Lowe's I met and worked with a wide variety of people from all over the world. It was a pleasure working alongside them. It is unfortunate the the company does not respect its employees enough to pay them a fair wage.
Bon Environnement de Travail
Analyste d'affaires (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC29 December 2018
Agréable collègue de travail et environnement.

Collaboration instructif, beaucoup de chose à apprendre
long Hours
Loader (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 December 2018
my experience in Lowes myt not be the same with others.
but i Like the weekend team. specially weekend team. they really worked as a team. never felt i have been push to work.

the only bad thing i would say with weekend is to long hr. working 12hr a day loading turks is not fun. it is to much for the body. I prefferd working 10hr or 5 day of 8hrs.

i found that the last 2hrs in our 12hr shift is a waste. we are not as efficent as we are when we start the day. sometimes our minds is not focus on safe loading, but thinking i am to tiered i just want it done.
Pros
good team
Cons
long hr of heavy lifting

59K