Lowe's

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Found 1,080 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Lowe's selected this as a representative review
I loved working at Lowe's. I enjoyed working conditions and the location where I was working, I had best colleagues. If I get a chance to work with the company again I would happily go back and serve. The best part everyone is treated equally in the company.
There’s a lot of people in the store who don’t do anything or know of what’s going on in the store. Managers are always not on the floor or “too busy” to attend a customer when they need help. Managers don’t even talk amongst themselves about anything work related so no one is ever on the same page. Little to no training on anything. I was also forced to work on a day I was scheduled off, while the other two I worked with didn’t. Then being let go with no reason whatsoever. Yeah, wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Not a reliable one
19 November 2020
Thank you for your review. We take these situations very seriously and we will share this information appropriately. We try to provide our associates with a comfortable and productive atmosphere. We would like to know more about your specific issue and encourage you to provide more details with our Associate Care Center at 1-844-HR-LOWES (1-844-475-6937).
Don’t waste your time here, you learn nothing You will waste part of your life here No benefits, you basically start as a casual position and wait until you get Part time!Management care less about you, if you have a concern they will never care about you.Wrong managers to wrong positions, they might be a hard workers but not a good managers at all!Employees some of them are good, but the rest are just as bad as they can be! Don’t trust them, backstabbing is a common sense here!You will not be paid for what you deserve, but they expect a lot from you tho!I have wasted my time here, if you see this review that means I have had enough!Go find yourself a career that benefits your life No matter what you do for this company, it will never satisfy the management! You are always in the bottom Think wisely
Cons
my first job and a great place to work. everyone super friendly and value your work.for beginner or student they show a great response towards scheduling and flexible hours.
A lot of work but in a fun way. Management is fair and supportive. Coworkers are great. Pay is good. Benefits and Stock options available. Covid relief payments and extra hazard pay.
Pros
Lifelong friendships, great pay.
Cons
I would work here again one of the better places I have worked in my days, they know how to treat their staff and make sure eveyone is happy and heard
I got hired on at the New Westminster, Queens location. I was there for about 2 and half weeks before I quit. While I was there, my banking info was never taken down for payments every 2 weeks, I never got a locker to keep my personal things in and they never gave me a vest for work. The communication at the store #3056 is absolutely horrible. They will throw you on the sales floor without the proper training and have very high expectations of you. When you need to call in and reach a manager they will not answer. When you need to express your concerns they will just brush it off and ignore and the HR person has no idea what they're doing and handles things very rude and unprofessional. Just be aware, know what you're going into.
Pros
Good Hours, Nice people
Cons
No communication, Poor training, Horrible HR and management
Good place to work if you're heading into trades, otherwise everything else its just a brain washing job. Prepare for your knees to give out at the end of the day because you will be walking on concrete with steel toes for 8 hours
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
Worked a lot of different places! By far the best! Great support, coverage, benefits, employee incentives, rewards and opportunities for advancing.!!
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Rude customers
1 October 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with Lowe's. We are glad to hear you agree our benefits and pay are competitive.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lowe's?
I was really excited to be hired for this position, the hours were early 5 am till 12 or 2 pm depending on schedulingand some days could be 9 hour days, can be tough on body with heavy work boots on cement, def need to be mindful of keeping break timing so body gets a break. unfortunately Covid hit so couldnt get the full experience I was hoping for. I enjoyed my Job, it was go go go pace but I like to be busy.
Pros
I was making a wage
Cons
long hours can be tough
Lowe's doesn't completely care about the customer. Coming from Hone Depot, Lowe's has a lot to learn. Management doesn't seem to engage with the employees. They just sit in offices all day. It wasn't a pleasant place to work. They still work off of a DOS system. It's so old. I've never seen a company be so far behind the times.
Pros
10% employee discount.
Cons
Rarely get a weekend off
I have worked for Lowe’s Canada on and off since 2012. The staff are friendly and caring, as are the management. We have some amazing customers and I really enjoy helping them with their purchases. Lowe’s Canada works hard to help you balance work and home and the benefits are great!
i can honestly say that working there was the best work experience I've had so far all the departments are great and the team is filled with amazing people of all types i strongly suggest that if you have the chance to apply for a job here do so
I love my job. I’m desperately trying my best to cooperate with the ppl I work with. Some days it’s difficult. The contractors are awesome. Management is very good to be around. The staff is a good bunch of people.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Disagreements
I met my boyfriend there. That’s like the only good thing lol. I was told to come back next summer but I definitely will not. The management is horrible. And we apparently aren’t the only location. But yea. Only go there if you are looking to meet someone.
Pros
You will probably meet your hubby or wifey
Cons
Literally everything else
If you are someone who works hard and smart and enjoy being a team player your Lowe's experience will be a great one. You will learn many things, be encouraged to move up the ladder. Your shifts may fluctuate and your time may affect your family life but you are rewarded for your hard work. Enjoy a customer focused environment and working with a great team.
Pros
Excellent benefits with stock options.
Cons
Your shifts may fluctuate.
Short staffed and typical of retail environment. Ok pay. Very busy and then dead times. Some staff are great and others are not. Old management was awful. There are lots of politics and cliques
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed
I enjoy working here. Good hours, nice co-workers and management. regular salary. they also respect your availability. I think it is a great workplace.
3 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback!
Already written above. Depending on store day is busy. Good percentage of clients are rude. I learned about general internal management policies and procedures.
Pros
It's a gig.
Cons
Dusty, dirty, difficult to move up if not in with the in crowd.
Positive experience, room to grow and gain knowledge and experience. Leadership changes fairly often so styles vary by individual. Overall a good place to work.
Bullying work environment, HR is non existent and was the worst to deal with. Supervisors in my department were sexist and liars. Was stressed out daily and became depressed. Seriously a horrible place to be, everyone is miserable.