Play YouTube video button

Lowe's Employee Reviews

Canada1,013 reviews
Found 1,013 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Lowe's selected this as a representative review
I adore working here
I loved working at Lowe's. I enjoyed working conditions and the location where I was working, I had best colleagues. If I get a chance to work with the company again I would happily go back and serve. The best part everyone is treated equally in the company.
Agent
Belle ambiance, Travail d’equipe, Bonne clientèle, Professionalisme
Its a great experience
Its a good experience to work there. You get to learn lot of new stuff and skills. Management is supportive, however for the seasonal worker it is kind of disappointing because they do not offer job continuation.
Its a good place to work for the summer as a student
Lots of turnover and management wasn't the best at the time I was working there they were kinda extra, too much overlap in who is managing who which lead to ineffective management of employes
Assembler
Responsible to assemble barbecues, snowblowers, and all seasonal products. Repair and paint the store`s equipment.
First task of the day is clean, organize the area, check what is necessary to assembly. Multi-task activity is very important.
I enjoyed my time there.
I worked as a pro service specialist and I dealt with companies and handled large contracting accounts and I ensured proper quality of product and services.
Very fast paced environment
A typical day at work is fast paced but you have to wait too long for assistance from your superiors to complete tasks for some customers.

The most enjoyable experience is knowing that you have assisted your customers in fulfilling their needs.

You do not receive any support from your supervisors.
Pros
Happy customers
Cons
Not getting support
Typical corporate environment
Lots of extra curricular fund raising activities abound here. Not a great place for a salesperson, as they treat you as if you are on commission when you are in fact, not. Weekly warranty/attachment reports in the appliance sales department and no incentive to up-sell.
Be careful where you work
Working at Lowes Sunridge was very rough.. SOME DM's are passive aggressive people who are evasive and twist comments or other wise. and constantly make you feel inferior and very insignificant. in short they bully employees.
They also don't deal with obvious violations of conduct codes of other employees and pass off all duties of their department.. or frankly don't know the department after working there for years. and typically abandon you to that department while they "" deal "" with things around the store.

Some staff are amazing but are held down and pigeon holed, they seemingly don't encourage growth or advancement.

also the pay isnt the greatest.. and the lowest compared to multiple other stores.
23 April 2020
Thank you for your review, as we take these situations very seriously. We try to provide our associates with a comfortable and productive atmosphere where no one feels they are treated unfairly. Please visit www.ethicspoint.com to provide details about your experience, as we would like to be of further assistance.
Nice place to work
Peaceful working atmosphere. No stress. Managements are good. Staffs are good. Any issues are solved effectively. Managers or immediate bosses are easy going.
Ace Canada now sold.
Ace Canada was recently sold to Peavey, and in transition phase from Rona leadership, was little corporate communication on status of viability and job status. many disgruntled employees.
Rewarding job and you learn a lot
I enjoyed learning about paint and paint tools because it is useful information to know. The staff and management were very nice. The culture was very relaxed and other employees were always willing to help
Anti-Bullying Policy
The company claims to have an anti-bullying policy in place however when I spoke out against the staff who were assaulting and harassing me I was moved to another department while my attackers remained where they were, forcing me to work in a poisoned work environment.
16 April 2020
Thank you for your review, as we take these situations very seriously. We try to provide our associates with a comfortable and productive atmosphere where everyone feels safe from any harassment. Please contact Lowe’s Employee Hotline at www.ethicspoint.com or call 1-800-784-9592, 24 hours a day to communicate issues and concerns associated with allegedly inappropriate, unethical or improper activities. You may remain anonymous when using the Lowe’s Employee Hotline.
Generic hardware store with awful management
job started off pretty OK, worked as Night Associate working Monday - Friday 10:30 - 6:30AM. the Night Manager seemed fine at first, weekly meetings, a fairly no stupidity attitude, relaxed when the was basically no workload. however i learned the hard way that this was a farce, along with me she hired he friend and another senior employee literally said she bought his trust by buying him shoes. she held a meeting about the 2 women on our team getting their power equipment license along with some of the men who who didn't have it as well. that never happened. She would also preach equality and fairness however she would constantly send me to help her friend because she was extremely slow and talked more than worked, i also had to work her overhead section, then the next night i would be assigned to the section she previously "worked" and she would be assigned to the section i already did so she would just relax all night. she was also fine with standing and talking while other people worked despite preaching fairness, i was assigned the Lumber department without being asked, and during one shift after we had a meeting where she expressed her ideals about fairness i had the most work out of all other workers and received no help, however her friend received help from every other team member and i had to work alone while she got to talk and laugh and have fun like always, and was told i received no help due to the other team members having morning jobs. all in all if you are hard working then she makes you do all the work. i was terminated for complaining to the Assistant Store - more...
Pros
its a job.
Cons
bad job security, clear racial favoritism, clear favoritism towards women, hard workers do all the work, meetings about fairness followed by being treated unfairly.
9 April 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience. In the event you would like to discuss your specific situation, you are welcome to reach out to our Associate Care Center at 1-844-HR-LOWES (1-844-475-6937).
Great associates but disappointing management
Great place to work with but you will have issues with scheduling. Store manager is great to work with but the ASM are idiots. They micromanage everything and everyone. All of them have different ideas and you end up doing same thing atleast 3 times just to make them happy. Even the smallest of jobs some days feels like a herculean task.
9 April 2020
We agree! Our work at Lowe's is challenging, yet fun and rewarding. Thank you for your feedback!
Cortect
J'aime la gestion j'apprend énormément la relation avec le client j'adore
Lowe is a Productive and great place to work!
I think Lowes a wonderful place to work. Would recommend the job to anyone. I have learned a lot from this job. The staff and management are great to work with. Lowes sets measurable and reasonable goals for their staff.
Great atmosphere
Great place to work and people are easy to work with and if you had a problem people are there to help and benefits are great
Great company to work for
too many directions
With too many managers and supervisors it felt like there was little direction and it felt like being pulled apart more than anything else. I certainly do not want to work here again if it remains the same
Good place to work.
The culture is the best. Lowe's associates live the values everyday, and work together as a family. Very good training program, 1/2 time on computer, 1/2 on floor with a mentor for the first few shifts. Management is generally approachable, and is responsive to associate issues. Schedule always done a month in advance, so lots of notice to be able to plan things.
Don't waste your time
Don't waste your time on a company who only cares about the bottom dollar. They are not a family oriented business. The hours are all over the place. I wouldn't recommend if you have a family who also wants to see you. The store location in Cornwall closed in January and no employee was given severance.