Lowe's Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my Job
claims clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
Lowe's was a great place to work. I was apart of the team that built-up the store 3211. I made lots of friends with all the employees. It was a pleasure going to work.
Pros
Bonuses and store BBQs
Cons
Don't have any
okay workplace fun people to work with
lumber worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2018
A typical day at work would be providing outstanding costumer service while assisting costumers with any questions they may have or when they need any wood cut.

I learned how to properly operate a saw. I also learned how to properly show great costumer serious.

The management was fun to work with and was easy going.

The hardest part was learning where everything was in such a big store.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be meeting new people and finding out what they are building.
Pros
sometimes there would be a free BBQ lunch
Productive and fun time socializing with co-workers
Stocker-night shift (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2018
A typical night at Lowes is that all of the workers gather around for a huddle in the receiving bay. To discuss the merchandise that we have to stock and who is doing what departments for the night. Once we have finished our respective departments then we are expected to help other departments that still has a lot of merchandise to stock. After our first break time, we start by cleaning up the store and putting extra merchandise with the help of power machines to put them on the top shelf.

I learned how to check for the homes by using an iPhone that has a scanner that can barcodes on the boxes telling you where it would go within the isles. There are especially many merchandises that do not have a home that means I have to make a home for it.

Management is great at accommodating flexibility of the hours that work for any workers. The hardest part I would say is the long hours and the physical labour that is required of one to do. And to work fast that other tasks before the store can close can get done.

The most enjoyable part is to create friendship and having fun and socializing while working. The second part is that you get to listen to music out loud on your speakers that you can use while working.
Pros
Quiet and lots of fun to socialize with co-workers
Lowes
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2018
Sometimes it can be very dead at work.
Not as busy during the week, on weekends it will get busy.
Management is great, nice coworkers are friendly.
Great company
Fun Workplace due to staff
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 June 2018
The staff are amazing to work with. They laugh and have fun to enjoy themselves. The benefits are good. The customers are great though depending they can be tiring just like any customer service job.
Pros
Staff and long lunches
Cons
Too much change
a day at Lowes
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2018
Such a wonderful staff with a real willingness to help customers but was really lacking in the managements willingness to help their employees.
Lowes would not even write me a reference letter said it was against company policy?
Pros
great employees
Cons
poor managers
Great Culture and fun workplace
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 June 2018
Really nice place to work, a lot of people are very open and approachable, good place to learn.
-hardest part was advancing to a new position
-most enjoyable was working in the teams, everyone was supportive
-senior management lacked communication, would hope they could be a bit more clear about expectations
Nice place to work
Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2018
Worked at the regional office in mississauga. Most departments appear to have room for advancement except for IT. Management is good, brand new office is great with a new contemporary feel.
Needs better trained management and department managers.
Receiver and stocker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 June 2018
My availability was completely disregarded when the schedule was being put together.
Management was not the best in helping out with receiving, constantly bullying and down playing the importance of keeping receiving clean and organized.
Cons
Catty management
Nice part time job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 May 2018
Nice place for someone who is looking for a part time job while working through school or in high school. Best to have a working knowledge of hardware
Great employee environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 May 2018
Nice atmosphere. Ability to grow in the company. Involves a fast paced environment and lots of hard work. Many fun activities throughout the months, such as bbqs.
Fun place to work
Receiving / Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2018
I enjoy working at Lowes Canada, since I know many of the departments and I enjoy home improvement. I learnt a wide variety of things from different light fixtures to what certain machines are typically used for. The hardest part of my job was the heavy lifting required at times.
I had alot of fun helping put halloween exsibites on display and assembling them
subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 May 2018
at Lowes I learned how to read a plan o gram ues various tools assemble shelves and various appliances and products that they
carry and sell.
I found all the staff members very helpful and eager to assist me with any questions that I brought fourth.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
getting use to wearing steel toed boots
Learned a lot of new skills
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 May 2018
This was a contract job, I didn't know how to properly merchandise product. Everyone I worked with were on a contract as well. Everyone was generally happy and able to help me find where products went.
Not Appreciated
Flooring Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON16 May 2018
I'm the type of person to never expect anything in return. But when I went above and beyond I still wasn't even acknowledged once. I completed all required to-dos for the day and still wasn't enough to make management happy.
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks
Cons
Too many to list
Warm and friendly environment
Head Cashier - Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 May 2018
Overall Lowes is an interesting place to work because it taps into so many areas of our expertise and forces us to be fully engaged at all times.
The staff is easy to get along with and very supportive of each other. The one area which needs to be addressed is ensuring that staff is fully trained in order to properly address customers' needs.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Management's slow response time to most things
Lots of work and hours to be had.
Customer Sales Associate / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
Lots of work to be done all the time. Must be self motivated. The store management change frequently and they do not communicate very well together. Not a bad place to work, not a great one either
The first Night-Job I've ever had
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON7 May 2018
This had been the first night shift job I had ever done, and I had gone into it a bit naively - especially when it comes to stocking heavy appliances. It was a ragtag group of people, but they were ultimately good hearted, and I learned that overnight is a lot harder than I ever expected. Don't make the same mistake I did and assume night-shift jobs are easy to manage just because you're a night owl.
Pros
Lots of physical work, built some muscles
Cons
Hours never synced up to the rest of society, making appointments and time sensitive meetings difficult.
Very Physically demanding
Delivery Picker (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2018
While working as a nights delivery picker my duties consisted of putting customers orders together to be ready for delivery the following morning. This included large orders for Lumber and shingles which are fairly heavy and taxing on the body.
Pros
consistant hours
Cons
extremely under staffed
It is not easy but not too tough.
Sales Associate/ Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 May 2018
I am a night stoker in the company so there are lots of things to manage and also grab goods from truck to fit in the aisle. It was interesting but not so much.

57.9K