Lowe's Home Improvement

Lowe's Home Improvement Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search
Position wasn't bad, the peers were amazing and really understood working together. Management was "okay", no desire to help employees learn new skills and contribute to the overall store health. Was let go "without reasoning" and no notice of my job performance being sub par.
I enjoy working at Lowe’s. if you show you want to improve the leadership team are really supportive. It’s a very team based environment and they want you to succeed. They are really good at accommodating certain things too.
I have not seen any better management than Lowe’s. Super friendly co-workers and higher authority value your time and effort. You feel appreciated all the time.
Pros
Best management
Management didn't listen to needs. For example, college or university students were scheduled days and single mothers evenings even though opposite shifts were requested. Asked to train on all aspects of jobs even though it required running from one end of the building to the other (have you seen how big the buildings are?) And maintaining your sections at the same time (literally impossible). Personally asked for part time instead of full time due to health issues and then dismissed for no reason given even though sales performance was 3rd in Canada. This company lacks common sense, compassion and integrity.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits if full time
Cons
Ivory tower management.
Les collègues de travail que j’ai trouvé chez Lowe’s sont des personnes remplis de potentiel et qui ont le don de mettre un sourire dans ma journée, les possibilités de grandir au sein de l’entreprise sont très grande considérant le grand nombre de « départements »
The best coworkers I could ask for but management is a joke. The treat you like a child, watch you like a hawk and hold your hand to p*ss. Breaks are either late or early or missed altogether because they cant get their cr*p together to be properly staffed, been yelled at by customers more than once for not having enough tills open. The store is a mess and there is absolutely no communication between management everyone tells you something different. Also don't forget you're replaceable but they wont fire you.
Pros
Great coworkers, breaks (if you get them)
Cons
Long stretches, late/early/missed breaks, Managment
26 February 2021
Thank you for leaving a review of Lowe's management. We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you are interested in giving us more information related to your concern, please reach out to our Associate Care Center at 1-844-HR-LOWES (1-844-475-6937).
They will cut hours and cancle shifts with no warning and do not care that they are putting you into financial or mental health struggles. Everyone is bad at scheduling and don't listen to you and the management favorites people so they get the best hours and your left with nothing. I would recommend not working here unless your okay with little hours and little respect.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Little and inconsistent hours
Lowe’s is a big box warehouse they treat you fairly for the most part. However they do not deal appropriately with individuals that are constantly not following policy or procedures. Senior store management plays favourites. And the communication is almost null and void. Other than that pay is good as is the benefits for full and part time associates.
Pros
Benefits, 1hour lunch break paid 15 min break
Cons
Poor communication
Within my 6 months with Lowes starting in Hardware then transferring to Appliances I found there was plenty of great interactions with coworkers and customers. I was treated with respect and felt like my work had value. If I could stay with the company longer I would but unfortunately outside factors impacted my ability to work, if I could still transit to work I definitely would stay another 6 months+
Pros
Fair compensation, hour breaks, reliable shifts and great management
Cons
N/a
it was good working there and everything was very conducive for every employee who work over there working condtioons are stress free and very relaxing
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lowe's Home Improvement?
I have only worked at Lowe's for 100 days on contract, but I must say that it was the nicest job I have ever had. The head cashiers were nice, only some were bossy. The managers would come on time if called and solve the conflicts. The difficulty I had was that it was slow paced job and time wouldn't fly by and some sales associates would come late to help the customers which made customers mad.
Pros
one hour lunch, good pay, nice management and team
Cons
less availability of sales associates
Great place to work. Only left due to the drive time back and fourth to work. If only I lived closer. Given the opportunity I would return to work there. There have been quite a few employees that have left and have gone back.
Pros
Genuine Family feeling with coworkers
Cons
Never seemed to be enough staff working
You are most likely going to be hired as they call it “Peak”. This means they can give you 40 hours a week or not even one shift a week it’s very inconsistent hours. During the summer you will most likely be getting a lot of hours, this is when there the most busiest but during the winter it slows down so they cut hours like crazy. Pay is “ok” depending on what you are used to being paid, you are most likely to make a couple cents more if you have past experience, the pay is nothing crazy. Management Is something else, they do nothing all day besides sit in there office upstairs only to come down and do one little thing, after that they feel like there the best person in the world then go back to there office. Management is so intimidating to the point me and other coworkers try our best to avoid them. The only thing I love about this job is my coworkers , there the only reason I’ve stayed. At the end of the day I enjoy my job and what I do, love the people I work with just wish management was a different story and more consistent hours.
Pros
Great coworkers, ok pay, good first job.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poor management.
Laid off after 7 yrs. Was an excellent employee plus a department manager and Asst manager traineeI can't get back on , tried For a year.Really let down and frustrated.Just come to dislike strongly them now.
Cons
They exist!
don't waste your time at lowes. You can get laid off anytime. Managers are useless and spineless to head office. Really hard to move up or different position. No work/life balance.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
everything else.
Lots of great coworkers that easily become friends, managers who really care, manageable work loads, man this place has so much going for it its hardly work!
Pros
Great staff and environment
Cons
Stores dreadfully boring when days are slow
14 January 2021
We agree! Our people are our greatest strength. Thank you for your feedback.
It was my first job ever. I applied during their national hiring day and was set to work in flooring but got transferred to appliances where I loved it and then moved to cash. There isn't that much training and you simply learn things as you go, if can learn things on your feet then you will do fine. Even if you're a slow learner turn to those that have been working there for a while, you'd be surprised with how willing they are to help.Management is a hit or miss regardless of where you go, but the store I went to was great! Even though there was a little underlying drama everyone got along. My store was great for sales, so we often got bonuses.
Pros
good hours as a student
Cons
I didn't like the fact that former employees could be re- hired & they take hours away from you & management would ignore your training for power equipment it was exasperating.
Cons
Hours could vary eratically
Not even gonna waste time bad mouthing company it's not worth it but I would advise not to apply they dont care about their staff. Your just an employee # and not a perso .
Cons
They dont care about anyone but managment or above the worker means nothing to them
10 December 2020
Thank you for writing your review. We're sorry to hear you feel that way. Our employees are very valuable to us, we're always looking to make improvements as a company and we encourage you to connect with your manager about your concerns.
People are always helping each other great team environment . The management is always there to talk to and they listen to what you have to say . I’m no longer there because I left Victoria but I would not hesitate to reapply at Lowe’s it’s a great company to work for
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
There’s a lot of people in the store who don’t do anything or know of what’s going on in the store. Managers are always not on the floor or “too busy” to attend a customer when they need help. Managers don’t even talk amongst themselves about anything work related so no one is ever on the same page. Little to no training on anything. I was also forced to work on a day I was scheduled off, while the other two I worked with didn’t. Then being let go with no reason whatsoever. Yeah, wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Not a reliable one
19 November 2020
Thank you for your review. We take these situations very seriously and we will share this information appropriately. We try to provide our associates with a comfortable and productive atmosphere. We would like to know more about your specific issue and encourage you to provide more details with our Associate Care Center at 1-844-HR-LOWES (1-844-475-6937).