Love Shop Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
One of my fav jobs ever
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 April 2018
The owner of this establishment is Fair, Understanding and one heck of a business owner:)
The team that I had a pleasure of working with was more like family and the support from head office is outstanding
Pros
wage + commission
Fun
Assistant Manager (Key Holder) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
Working for The Love was a great experience because they trusted me a lot and gave me the opportunity to display my managerial skills which I always want to do in employment.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Not enough Hours
Fun workplace with lots to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 May 2017
I absolutely loved working at The Love Shop, It was one of my favourite jobs yet. plus the people you meet are very friendly and very out there, its a nice environment.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
can get boring, only one person working at a time.
Terrible pay. Racist owner.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2017
No advancement. No recognition. Terrible staff. Everything about this job was terrible. Owner is racist towards white women and open about it. Calls you stupid regularly.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything.
Fun place and awesome customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 October 2016
Was a different atmosphere to work in. But it was a lot of fun! There wasn't any super hard work working here. Just had to be comfortable with everything and anything really.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The location
Great company
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 March 2016
Love working for this company, ,,, first time I found a job I actually look forward to going to work ... management is absolutely amazing and we'll trained
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Like all retail the customers can be hard ...but very far and few between
great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2015
helping with wonderful customers, i learned to be a stronger leader, listen to my staff about what they believe would sell more in the stores, listen customers concerns about product we need more of and how they are happy to shop at our location.
Pros
the customers, the product, the company as a whole
Cons
woah nelly that's a big one
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton16 July 2015
I love my coworkers, I love the regulars but given the nature of the store there are a lot of things that I did not like (strange people, harassment etc)
Stressful and poor management skills
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 June 2015
Each time i go into work, i have to prepare myself for harassing phone calls and underage people trying to come into the store.
I have to ID every person who doesn't look 25, because many high school students are around my store.
I learned that if customers are making you feel uncomfortable you are allowed to ask them to leave, and how to deal with inappropriate situations. I also learned how to work with many adult toys and was able to learn how to sell each one properly and enthusiastically.
The management was completely unprofessional. My manager was threatened by how well i was doing in sales at the store and reduced me to one shift a week. The manager would hire other people and during the training she would bash the other employees (including me) in an attempt to scare them and prepare them not to like anyone.
My co-workers were amazing, they were reliable and were happy to switch a shift if needed. The co-workers made everything better.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with the cruel management.
The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customers happy and feel comfortable talking to me and asking me questions. I had the opportunity to meet all kinds of interesting people!
Pros
Commission
Cons
Stressful
great work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2014
Awesome place to work, lots of flexibility and things to do around the store. Manager is great and understanding of home life
Pros
flexibility
Cons
late hours working by yourself
Lol
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2014
You'll climb the ranks, you'll have no change in pay, you'll lose those ranks, you'll get moved from store to store, you'll move up the ranks at that store, you'll change ranks and be demoted for no reason other than they wanted more people to cut hours. You'll be ousted by whomever the owner favours at that moment in time.

Getting whiplash yet? Listen to me.

You will see adult toys. This is an adult store. This is the environment. But that's not the problem. The people who are customers are great people, well-mannered, and some of the most regular people you'll ever meet.

No. The real problem is the literal roller coaster you will endure working here. There is no rhyme or reason for half of the decisions made, you will be promised things/hours and then thrown half of them and told to grovel. You will make schedules and have lesser tiered employees take half of them at their will. You are working at an enigma of a store. Outstandingly obtuse, blindingly deceitful, and frighteningly demanding for a minimum wage job.

My dear friends,

If you want to work at an adult store, try working at Aren't We Naughty, even the Stag Shop. Mom and Pop stores that look grimey on city-slick corners probably have more ethics than this franchise. Please trust me on this. You'll be thrown around so much, have your hours tampered with to the point of no return that you'll want to leave.
Pros
You keep your arms and legs.
Cons
You'll want to have given them your arms and legs after what they do with you as an employee.