Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products)

Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products) Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Great place, room for advancement, awesome wage, great benefits. Can always get overtime. Location is perfect for the active persons that would like to take advantage of of mountain lifestyle.
They pay pretty great for the area so i cant find anything to complain about that didnt get made up for on payday, people are pretty decent also. fun overall.
Pros
pay
Cons
sawdust
Where to even start. Ever since my hiring date, I improved processes reliability by 300%, saved them over 1 million in costs and yet every year I got a bad review. No matter how good you do, corporate ranks you on a bell curve against their other mills, based solely on subjective merits. So if someone from corporate has a friend at another mill, you will get ranked low and not get a bonus.

HR for Canada continuously violates employment BC standards. They only fix the problem when a formal complaint is filed and even then, they only fix it for the person who complained while keeping the others in the dark.

People with no professional tickets get paid more than tradesmen just because they stuck around long enough to not get fired. Hourly is a good position, don't apply for salary jobs. Salary are undervalued and bullied by corporate. They took our benefit packages because they wanted to match their american mills with worse benefits packages.

Do not care about people's safety. Safety Manager only tackles low hanging fruit like clean shaving policies and complains about dust. When engineering solutions are required, they brush it under the rug.

Avoid this company at all costs.
Upper management is an excellent example of poor morale integrity and a serious lack of experience. Constantly lie to employees, constant lay offs that aren't disclosed to perspective employees during the interview process. But the most concerning is the serious lack and acknowledgment of safety concerns within the plant and the bare minimum the management is willing to do, if anything to address them when brought forward.
I only worked as a summer student but I really learned to value safety and teamwork. My supervisors were what really made the job enjoyable, I felt like I could talk to them about any concerns I had.
Western Canada Human Resources is non existent. If you have a problem expect it to be buried rather than resolved.
Mngt thinks they know more than employees and lack the experience to back it up.

Coworkers are aware that nothing ever changes so they put up with it.

Pay and blue cross benefits are a little above average. Thank the unions for that not Lp’s kind heartedness.

Overall, if it’s a short duration employment your looking for this is the fit for you.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Frustration, low challenge, don’t get hurt-they’ll fight tooth and nail to deny you
I got through all interviews and got a hire date and tour of the plant. Had two weeks to schedule a drug test and they screwed me around on dates. Ended up getting another job offer in the mean time but still to mess around with a person life isnt funny. Poor human resources!
Pros
7 and 7
Cons
Human resources
Good place to work with and good benefits.
Good home/worklife balance. Great work schedule. Room for advancement. Staff is very approachable. Great location for people living in the local area.
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
Air quality
Not well ran and a lot of lies! Have to drink and smoke with boss to fit in otherwise have fun! They looked nice in the interview but once your working there watch out!
Pros
Paycheque
Cons
Many!
Ma plus belle expérience en Amérique du nord, grâce à mon patron j,ai beaucoup appris et je m,impliquais avec plaisir. Je faisais 304km par jour pour connaitre la joie et le plaisir de travailler pour une multinationale en région éloignée.
Pros
Tout
Cons
le voyagement dans mon cas
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Products)?
Une superbe multinationale dans lequel j,ai beaucoup appris. Dans ma carrière CPA en Amérique du nord c,est mon expérience la plus valorisante.
Pros
Tout
Cons
trop loin dans mon cas et c'est en région éloignée