Louis Riel School Division Employee Review

View all Louis Riel School Division reviews

Difficult to maintain for years
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2017
Without a massively supportive staff this job will wear on you mentally emotionally and physically. Children are more challenging to care for and help with the family dynamics falling apart. When you can help a child that needed you and cares it is the most wonderful experience. When a child threatens your life and hurts others the violence is allowed and no one is safe in the long run. No appropriate consequences to lessen violence or threats from students.
Pros
Some wonderful children who appreciate help
Cons
threat of violence and no compassion from too many of the staff

Other Louis Riel School Division Employee Reviews

It has a good management towards their employees.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2019
I have prep time to prepare myself to figure it out the sub-plan for the next class. I learned to be well organized. I ring chimes to make the students quite when they work. I also provide individual instructions for all type of learners in class. I can adjust myself in working with different cultural background. It is hard to me when there is no team work in the workplace. I have skills in teaching and I would say those are really acceptable to do but coordination should be in the team. I enjoy working with students when there is a project to work done.
Pros
Fair treatment
Cons
Favouritism
very hard to get in
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2019
amazing place to work, but its very hard for the casual workers to get a opportunity that's full-time. but other than that the people are great and the pay is great for what you're being paid to do.