Louis Riel School Division

Louis Riel School Division Employee Reviews

Insights into Louis Riel School Division

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction

challenging job but very fulfilling

Being an EA isn't a job... its a career and a calling. No 2 days are the same because a child isn't the same 2 days in a row. Flexibility is key. It's not easy but it is worthwhile.

EA’s are not respected by many staff and principals

Good wages only 5.5 hours a day. Needs a more supportive work environment from the Board office down. Most enjoyable part is watching your students overcome their obstacles.

Pros

Good wages and schedules

Cons

Can’t live on the hours/ staff and principals need to be more supportive.

I worked here for my practicum so I wasn’t paid.I found everyone was great to work with. Kids of course were awesome. Majority of coworkers were very nice & helpful.

Pros

Teacher was the best to learn from

Cons

Wasn’t paid for practicum

Depressing

I sometimes ask the union for help but it is very hard. Cannot wait for amalgamation so we can have a good change. Probably be better of with no union in. They protect people but do nothing for the good people

Pros

Get to Sleep often

Cons

Get punished for working hard

Fun workplace

Very good, friendly, cooperative, caring workplace. Always enjoyed working at different schools meeting different people. Staff at schools have always been very considerate, kind and accommodating.

A decent place to work depending on the location

Some schools are great, others are not. IF you find yourself with a good principal and school culture, it can be a very rewarding place to work. If you are in a poor school, the division may not be very supportive.

working with a great team

Exciting working students from grade 9 to 12. Rewarding when a student has a lot of anxiety at first and has learned different methods to deal with it. Challenging working with students that have a lot going on with them either at school or outside of school. Making a connection with students so they feel comfortable and build relations with trust.

It has a good management towards their employees.

I have prep time to prepare myself to figure it out the sub-plan for the next class. I learned to be well organized. I ring chimes to make the students quite when they work. I also provide individual instructions for all type of learners in class. I can adjust myself in working with different cultural background. It is hard to me when there is no team work in the workplace. I have skills in teaching and I would say those are really acceptable to do but coordination should be in the team. I enjoy working with students when there is a project to work done.

Pros

Fair treatment

Cons

Favouritism

very hard to get in

amazing place to work, but its very hard for the casual workers to get a opportunity that's full-time. but other than that the people are great and the pay is great for what you're being paid to do.

CEO assisstant is terrible and humiliate after meeting with her

there is no job security, lots of racialism, discrimination and humiliation in the main head office not apparently, they do promote positivism but do not stick on, backbiting, politics around,

Great place to work for.

I worked 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Last few years I shared the Help Desk answering phones, putting out fires. I was part of the DeskTop Support Team. Each summer we would set up new computers for the next school year. During the school year, we would maintain the hardware and software.

Pros

Knowing I helped other staff with their technical questions.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Productive and amazing experience

Working as a scorekeeper, you had to always be aware of everything that's going on around you. Also, it was very enjoyable because you would be watching a sport you like for free.

Pros

Free Dinner

Cons

Long Hours

work summary

Good job for teenager Can get shift from other students If with a vehicle could get more jobs You have to take your time sheet to every game or wont get your full amount

Pros

Could pick up other students jobs

Cons

No vehicle hard to get from school to work and not be late

Productive and fun place to work at

It has been my great pleasure to work with this division. Normally I would be called to cover other teachers' classes on an occasional basis.The stuff are great, the workplace culture is fabulous, and my experience working there is very pleasant.

Long hours, no assurance of work, good pay.

Seniority system, long hours, no assurance of work, good pay. They gave me two weeks of training then put me into an elementary school with a daycare to do all the summer maintenance. 10.5 hour days (7-5:30). Air conditioning was out so it was common to have 30-40 degree weather.

Pros

Pay

awesome

students are disciplined, organised and try to finish their work in time. Principals and staff are very cooperative. It was a fun to work there. friendly atmosphere.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

nil

Lrsd

Very Unprofessional and not a place anyone would want to work. They are very inappropriate in their dealings with employees and do not work well with the union at all.

Good place

They make sure everybody has at least 2 games to ref a week. They are fair, they also make sure that any rookie refs are paired up with veterans so that they rookie wouldn't feel pressured by reffing a game alone.

Pros

Good money for hours

Cons

Not enough games

Difficult to maintain for years

Without a massively supportive staff this job will wear on you mentally emotionally and physically. Children are more challenging to care for and help with the family dynamics falling apart. When you can help a child that needed you and cares it is the most wonderful experience. When a child threatens your life and hurts others the violence is allowed and no one is safe in the long run. No appropriate consequences to lessen violence or threats from students.

Pros

Some wonderful children who appreciate help

Cons

threat of violence and no compassion from too many of the staff

Fun school division to work in

The Louis Riel School division is a fun, challenging and rewarding workplace. In striving to provide the best learning environment for students, the division provides a challenging, ever-changing workplace that values the community it is apart of.

Pros

summers off

good payment and a posistive environment

It was apositive expirience for me good pay and positive and welcoming environment thats pushed me to work hard in each and every game it had good pay but the only regret I have is not getting enough games and there for i didn't get to earn as much money as I wouldve liked.learned to work hard adn nevr loose my cool and to work well in fast paced environments

Pros

good hourly pay

Cons

not enough games

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louis Riel School Division. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement