Louis Riel School Division

Louis Riel School Division Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Being an EA isn't a job... its a career and a calling.
No 2 days are the same because a child isn't the same 2 days in a row.

Flexibility is key. It's not easy but it is worthwhile.
Very good, friendly, cooperative, caring workplace.
Always enjoyed working at different schools meeting different people.

Staff at schools have always been very considerate, kind and accommodating.
Some schools are great, others are not. IF you find yourself with a good principal and school culture, it can be a very rewarding place to work. If you are in a poor school, the division may not be very supportive.
Exciting working students from grade 9 to 12. Rewarding when a student has a lot of anxiety at first and has learned different methods to deal with it. Challenging working with students that have a lot going on with them either at school or outside of school. Making a connection with students so they feel comfortable and build relations with trust.
I have prep time to prepare myself to figure it out the sub-plan for the next class. I learned to be well organized. I ring chimes to make the students quite when they work. I also provide individual instructions for all type of learners in class. I can adjust myself in working with different cultural background. It is hard to me when there is no team work in the workplace. I have skills in teaching and I would say those are really acceptable to do but coordination should be in the team. I enjoy working with students when there is a project to work done.
Pros
Fair treatment
Cons
Favouritism
amazing place to work, but its very hard for the casual workers to get a opportunity that's full-time. but other than that the people are great and the pay is great for what you're being paid to do.
there is no job security, lots of racialism, discrimination and humiliation in the main head office not apparently,
they do promote positivism but do not stick on, backbiting, politics around,
I worked 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Last few years I shared the Help Desk answering phones, putting out fires. I was part of the DeskTop Support Team. Each summer we would set up new computers for the next school year. During the school year, we would maintain the hardware and software.
Pros
Knowing I helped other staff with their technical questions.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Working as a scorekeeper, you had to always be aware of everything that's going on around you. Also, it was very enjoyable because you would be watching a sport you like for free.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Long Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Louis Riel School Division?
Good job for teenager
Can get shift from other students

If with a vehicle could get more jobs

You have to take your time sheet to every game or wont get your full amount
Pros
Could pick up other students jobs
Cons
No vehicle hard to get from school to work and not be late
It has been my great pleasure to work with this division. Normally I would be called to cover other teachers' classes on an occasional basis.The stuff are great, the workplace culture is fabulous, and my experience working there is very pleasant.
Seniority system, long hours, no assurance of work, good pay. They gave me two weeks of training then put me into an elementary school with a daycare to do all the summer maintenance. 10.5 hour days (7-5:30). Air conditioning was out so it was common to have 30-40 degree weather.
Pros
Pay
Cons
students are disciplined, organised and try to finish their work in time. Principals and staff are very cooperative. It was a fun to work there. friendly atmosphere.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
nil
Very Unprofessional and not a place anyone would want to work. They are very inappropriate in their dealings with employees and do not work well with the union at all.
They make sure everybody has at least 2 games to ref a week. They are fair, they also make sure that any rookie refs are paired up with veterans so that they rookie wouldn't feel pressured by reffing a game alone.
Pros
Good money for hours
Cons
Not enough games
Without a massively supportive staff this job will wear on you mentally emotionally and physically. Children are more challenging to care for and help with the family dynamics falling apart. When you can help a child that needed you and cares it is the most wonderful experience. When a child threatens your life and hurts others the violence is allowed and no one is safe in the long run. No appropriate consequences to lessen violence or threats from students.
Pros
Some wonderful children who appreciate help
Cons
threat of violence and no compassion from too many of the staff
The Louis Riel School division is a fun, challenging and rewarding workplace. In striving to provide the best learning environment for students, the division provides a challenging, ever-changing workplace that values the community it is apart of.
Pros
summers off
It was apositive expirience for me good pay and positive and welcoming environment thats pushed me to work hard in each and every game it had good pay but the only regret I have is not getting enough games and there for i didn't get to earn as much money as I wouldve liked.learned to work hard adn nevr loose my cool and to work well in fast paced environments
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
not enough games
Satisfaction depends on which school you work in. Can be difficult to acquire a position in the division, especially a permanent one. Teaching is not an easy job.
Always treated in whatever school assigned too, in a trusted manner that I would do the work of the teacher who was absent.
Pros
Teaching is always generally enjoyable
Cons
Last minute calls to substitute can be jolting in early morning- day before much better
a family oriented work environment
Let's you work freely with no supervision

Service oriented

fast, dependable and customer friendly