Louis Brier Home & Hospital

Louis Brier Home & Hospital Employee Reviews

Senior Home

Lots of activities, lovely elderly people, working environment is not quite healthy. 8 hour shift. learned a lot of home care skills and therapeutic communication.

Team work

Louisbrier staff are friendly and easy to talk to they always work as a team and they can easily adop to a new situation. They all work hard with dignity and respect to others. I’m proud to be part of this team.

Horrible

I worked as a dietary aide at Louis Brier Home and Hospital a few years ago and it was the worst job I’ve ever had. The “training” was horrible and the job is way too stressful as a new employee. I was verbally abused by a co-worker and the manager basically said “it’s happened before sorry about that.” I quit the next day. Management is all over the place, everyone’s miserable and hates their job and the elderly patients look so depressed. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Pros

Okay pay

Cons

Everything else

Valued employees

great place to work hard work is valued, room for advancement, on site training. Teamwork is prioritized here. Interdisciplinary teams work well together. Management wants to see you succeed.

Good experience

I had a great experience at this facility for the past six years. The place has been a safe working environment which is very critical to provide a safe patient care.

Long Term care for sick and elderly

A caring place that provides excellent care and service to the elderly. It is home and hospital and also has residential apartments for those who live in the residential section.

Fun Workplace

I highly recommend Louis Brier Home & Hospital. Management is good. Staff are great except for a few. Overall, I love working here. I feel welcome and valued.

Terrible. Just terrible.

If I could give zero stars I would. It is run by inexperienced management with negative attitudes. No respect for frontline staff. A lot of office politics & a lot of issues with staffing.

Pros

None, don’t work here

Cons

Little respect from management

Poor Managment

The volunteer were not treated with respect. I was treated badly and was a very good volunteer.I did not get the respect I deserved. I will return there this Sunday for the first time since April and I am praying that is has changed.

Sad place

So many people have resign. management turnover is high. Staff feels unsupportive. This use to be a wonderful place to work. So many changes has happened just in the past few years.

survival job

same with other workplace, Hardest part when 2 rooms need to be clean in a day because new resident is coming.The hardest part also when the resident die and rushing the room to be clean.

n/a

Louis brier home and hospital is the best place for work. staff and co-workers are very nice and helpful. we work there as a team......

Louis Brier Home and Hospital

Fantastic place to work. great residents and team and Recreation programs and ability to shape and mold programs to fit residents needs and preferences. Great physical set up of building and interactions with other teams and staff. Great salary and benefits.

Pros

working with the residents, learning about different cultures, wages, benefits

Cons

was temporary work - medical and maternity cover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Louis Brier Home & Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement