LOSS PREVENTION SERVICES LIMITED Pay & Benefits reviews

Progressive work
Stand guard near entrances/exits (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 April 2018
Can move up the ladder within months. With some hard work and a little dedication, one can get promoted within months. For example, I started as a casual worker and moved up to loss prevention officer
Pros
Free lunches
5 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
We pride ourselves for promoting from within.

Regards,
Loss Prevention Services Ltd.

Great First LP Experience
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2018
Coworkers are friendly and supportive, and they keep communication up with the staff. It's like working with your best friends/family in here. Only been with the company for 7 months but I feel like I known them for years.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
work/life balance, work every weekend unless you ask it off once in a while.
Great
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 July 2017
I have been working for LPS full time for 18 months now. The pay is very good compared to other security jobs. I learned a lot about myself so far. Not only do they extremely value customer service, but the way they treat their employees is absolutely phenomenal. They have a lot of hours to cover if you are willing to work. Lots of opportunity to move up in the company if you stick around min 1 year.
Pros
good pay, good management
Cons
I often struggle to find a good work/life balance, standing on your feet 8-9 hours a day
Positive work place
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 April 2017
Worked two positions, after a while it becomes very repetitive especially if you are bringing in loads of arrests. Working as LPI opened many opportunities to policing, and I was just hired to become a police officer out west. Overall, Job culture is amazing, and management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is to remain focus because sometimes the stores are dead.
Pros
Supportive management, good client variety, pay, job culture
Cons
raises, Dm, hours
Great place to gain experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 February 2017
for a career in policing. You deal with all sorts of people whether addicts, or your average joe who got caught doing something stupid. This job is as close to being a police officer as it gets but as a civilian. working as LPO will make up your mind to see whether you will like being a police officer or not.
Pros
extensive training, good management, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
Chain stores in wealthy areas
Good Learning Experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 November 2016
This is a good place to learn but the wages are terrible and no chance of getting better I had to quit to go elsewhere to make a decent wage.
They only pay around minimum wage for you to risk getting injured in arresting someone definitely not worth working there.
Pros
Pretty Good Training
Cons
Terrible Wages
Ok company
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
I have been working for LPS for 2 years now. My only complaint is no room to grow in the company. The DM position is constantly filled with low IQ supervisors.

The hardest part of the job is being patient. This job will definitely get you addicted to caffeine.

You have to be careful because most of the sites have managers who are always watching you.
Pros
comfortable work environment, ok pay compared to other Loss Prevention companies, good upper management, good training
Cons
no raises, no room to grow, cannot show real talent due to micro managing by supervisors
It is a constant challenge
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2016
The advantage as an established Loss Prevention company it has a known reputation for producing great investigators in the loss prevention field allowing myself a better employment opportunity like Walmart, Hudson Bay, or other big retailers.
Pros
good people, good training, friendly/flexible/understanding management
Cons
it takes years of hard work to advance in pay, low pay
It is good company to work for
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2016
Your typical day will involve going to random stores in an attempt to catch shoplifters. Usually scheduled to work 9 hours a day with an unpaid one hour break. Co-workers are great so is management. Everybody is super friendly. The hardest part of the job is staying focus for the entire 8 hours and being patient.
Pros
pleasant management, good corporate clients, friendly coworkers, mileage pay
Cons
hourly wages could be better, no transparent raise structure
Best job ever
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 July 2016
split shifts are annoying, but manageable. It is the job requirement to work on weekends. Travel pay is great, the two managers are respectable, and have good reputation among their clients. The most enjoyable part is getting arrests where you get to learn a lot about different kinds of people.

will definitely recommend
Pros
friendly/understanding management
Cons
low pay compared to other companies
No clue where their heads are at
investigator (Current Employee) –  Ontario17 December 2015
I am a current employee, likely not for much longer because this company is the definition of a joke. From managers telling you they will pay you one thing to you actually being paid less to this very lucrative punch in system them have it is not worth the time of day. Lots of driving, just because you apply in your city means nothing and they will make you drive with no compensation most of the times. You get scheduled when it's early morning on a weekday with no one in the store and to make matters worse the manager changes the schedule mid week without notifying you.
Sitting in your car for half the shift is likely frowmed upon but it really doesn't matter because when you arrest someone they expect you to do all this backwards stuff with what seems is no concern for officer safety. Best advice if you do apply is Comfortable shoes, you dont get to watch cameras or chill unless you have the long break. Just a terrible company all around with no communication to front line employees.
Pros
Employed
Cons
long hours, no driving compensation, dumb management, no time for yourself because they give BS shifts
Terrible company to work for.
Plain Clothes Security (Former Employee) –  London, on3 June 2015
First they'll try to fire you for taking a few days off (not more days than I was allowed by law) to get 4 wisdom teeth out. When I got ESA involved they try to say its for performance related issues..ESA saw through that REAL quick..They give you a manual, but if you follow it, they'll get you in trouble for made up reasons. They don't care if you deter 30 people a day, they only care about arrest numbers even though the manual talks all about deterance.
They expect you to work a shift, then drive to your next shift without any type of compensation and often not even enough time to take a half hour lunch.
They constantly screw up pay and getting it fixed takes multiple weeks, by then there's already two other pay issues. It never ends. The 3 people who run the London office are terrible and I even had to contact ESA a second time for harassment and threats. The manager will tell you one thing, then do exactly what he told YOU not to do the very next day.
Hours are brutal (not long, just so random and right in the middle of the day allowing for no life.) One week will be 40 hours, next week will be 12.
There's never ANY thanks, EVER. No matter how violent of an interaction/arrest, or no matter how much $ you just saved from walking out the store..... they don't even ask if you're OK. You're not on call but they try to make you sign papers saying you'll return all phone calls/texts/emails within ONE hour or be reprimanded.
I broke my phone during an arrest and not only did they not reimburse me, they sent rude emails to me for the few days I was between phones, constantly
  more... asking for my new number. Hours are 4 hr shifts, sometimes two in one day....but they throw 12 hour shifts in without asking as per law which make your day 14hrs long. NEVER any overtime, if there's a chance one week....they cancel shifts on you. When I eventually quit, the manager from the London office SPIT ON MY CAR. He also stares at you and gets in your face like he wants to fight when you bring up any issues.
Pay is 13/hour or less.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Too many to list.
26 May 2016

Sir/Madam,

We apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your employment with us. Our management team in London has changed as of August 2015.

Sincerely,
Loss Prevention Services Limited

good but required travelling
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2015
It was a good experience, but a lot of travelling was required. A car was definitely required to travel to different locations all the time. The pay was decent, and the job wasn't too bad. Some days were long, if no one was caught then it would be a long day walking inside the store. The hardest part of the job was developing patience.
Pros
good pay, and working conditions
Cons
a lot of travelling
13 April 2016

I agree with patience part! That's the hardest part of the job!

We are constantly working on improving our pay and shifts structures.

Thank you for your positive review.

Sincerely,
Loss Prevention Services Limited.

Worst Company Ever!!!
loss prevention officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 January 2015
Worst Company Ever!!!
Whatever they say to you or ask you, make sure you get it in writing. Whatever is good for them, that is all that matters. They don't care about you or your safety.
All they care about is filing the position. No follow up from area managers.

When hours diminish, oh well, that isn't their fault, its yours and you are forced to find employment elsewhere. They won't lay you off, as they have to pay into unemployment. The pay is pathetic and they require you to travel over an hour each way and don't pay any compensation.

They change your schedule when it is appropriate for them, not you. There is absolutely no job security and they find management out of cracker jack boxes.

The company needs a total facelift.
Pros
Cons
everything, don't apply, they will make your life miserable!!!