LOSS PREVENTION SERVICES LIMITED Management reviews

Great job
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2019
I've only been with the company for 6 months and it's been a great ride so far.

This is not the job for you if your social life comes first or if you have kids.. you'll be away at work the majority of the day

Management are extremely flexible & understanding and often very reasonable (depending on what the situation is). expect close scrutiny if you don't get arrests is the only annoying part since it's luck most of the time.
Pros
experience, work culture, pay
Cons
split shifts, performance reviews
Terrible
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2019
The manager doesn’t know how to schedule and is the reason for the high turn over rate, he is extremely disrespectful and doesn’t know how to treat his workers. Every person that I’ve spoken to that has quit has said their reasoning was the manager. Avoid this unprofessional company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible manager, lots of travelling on the job
Good company good job
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 December 2018
I started working 3 months ago and today I passed my probationary period.

So far it has been very good. My experience with management has been above average. In my past jobs managers always think they are right %100 of the time but not in this company they actually listen to concerns and have improved on some things.

My experience with clients has been just OK... the majority of clients are nice, but some of them have nothing better to do than interfere in your job and they want to talk to the people you watch... very annoying.

My experience with other loss prevention & police has been positive they are very supportive and sometimes give small prizes to motivate.

Overall if things stay the same I will continue working.
Pros
loss prevention experience, pay, support
Cons
training in london when first started
Much better than I thought
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2018
At first glance I was hesitant to apply to working here based on some of the other reviews but it seems that the disgruntled employee/ex-employee will actually take the time to write a bad review... My my experience has been above average thus far with the company. I can say it's much better than some of the horrific security companies I had to work for before.

Of course, like any other business they have things to improve.. like the timesheets and punching in and out process... but overall things get done fast, management is OK, other guards are great and very productive apprehension wise. Unlike all the other security companies, they actually took the time to train me for a week before sending me out on my own.
Pros
training, pay, work culture
Cons
crackheads
5 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly agree with the timesheets and punching in & out issues. We are working on introducing a technological piece that will eliminate the need for paperwork.

Excellent experience
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 September 2018
I don't know what all the other reviews about, but my experience has been different with the company.
I applied on indeed and got an interview date on email from the company. I wouldn't even classify the interview as an "interview" it was more like an educational session I personally found it entertaining.

I was trained for about a week and got to see a ton of arrests before going on my own. Some stores are slow because they're located in well off areas but others are rough. I would recommend working LP if you're thinking of joining law enforcement.

I did few other security companies before this one, and they're just terrible with almost everything even the pay.
Pros
Pay rate is very good, team, large clients, flexible management
Cons
shifts ending midnight
5 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your employment with us.

Loss Prevention Services Ltd.

Do nothing and get paid nothing!
Less Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 August 2018
A typical day: Stand around lots and do nothing

What I learned there: they didn't make any real training and expected me to arrest people safely

Management: I didn't deal with management but only the supervisors, but there wasn't organized

Workplace culture: Do what they say or you dont have a job

The hardest part of the job: Not making money

The most enjoyable part of the job: Nobody cares about you if only you show up so nobody is supervising you
Pros
be by self lots
Cons
no money

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We pride ourselves on the exceptional training we provide to all our new hires. Please email us at info@losspreventionservices.ca with suggestions on how we can improve our training.

Loss Prevention Services Ltd.

Get paid minimum wage o be unethical!
Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
Do you take pleasure in human suffering? Would you like to arrest an old lady who clearly isn't all there for accidentally stealing a chocolate bar, and watch her have a panic attack? Would you like to be pressured by management to make the arrest even without sufficient evidence? Would you like to get terminated for objecting to this?

I tried to find a new LP job after my old company, and I did not last very long. I realize that the company has every right to arrest someone for stealing, but not all companies have a trigger-happy, power-hungry approach to it...
Pros
Independent Work
Cons
Unethical

Hello there,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We certainly don't take pleasure in human suffering and we understand that people make mistakes. Therefore, we have certain policies in place to avoid such situations.

I like my job
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 November 2017
I have been with the company for many years, mainly because I am happy. Shifts could be better, but then again they are flexible and I really can't complain since I get my two days off.

Everyone makes different wages in my city and they're all based on performance.. the better your reputation is, the more valuable you are to the company. Overall management is great, it all comes down to simple logic - "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" if you follow the rules and do your job, none will bother you.

You are working on your own most of the time, and every two weeks they make us go to the office to submit our timesheets and reports.

No over night shifts is a +. but then again expect to work when retailers are open.
Pros
Good pay, flexible shifts, great coworkers
Good start
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 November 2017
Training was great with them, if you are police foundations/ law and security graduate you will understand... you get to arrest people and deal with all sorts of population demographics. Everybody is nice and easy going especially coworkers. they will all help you get arrests. your pay will be good at start but it gets better when your performance improves

ALOT OF RULES! WAAAAYYY too many rules that you have to learn, but in general it is fun if you are getting arrests. It is super boring if you just want to cash your paycheck.

This isn't the right place for you, if you are just hear to do your hours and go home.. you have to put in actual effort and it is always noticed by management.

Love the bi-weekly prizes as I got a champagne bottle as a winning prize for most arrests, and it is always different people winning it.
Pros
easy going clients/management/coworkers
Cons
split shifts
5 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are constantly improving our shifts structure and we understand it is difficult to deal with split shifts.

We are glad to hear you're enjoying your time with us.

Love my job!
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 September 2017
Where can I start? Your day to day interaction with people is very limited but the job is roller-coaster of emotions... going from boredom, to high adrenaline/excitement to anger (sometimes) to feeling guilty for catching some people.. etc.
They have a variety of sites to go around (it will take some time until you start getting bored of them).
work schedule is very flexible and I can work around my school schedule.
Pros
Good pay starts at $15, flexible schedule, chill management
Cons
travelling within k/w
Benefits of LPS
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 August 2017
Loss Prevention Services was great for gaining experience for any career in law enforcement. Writing detailed reports, being very observant and organized were a few of the qualities that you learn which can benefit you for a career in policing/enforcement. Management is also extremely supportive of staff striving to become police officers or any law enforcement career.
Difficult to adapt
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 August 2017
Most of the comments are spot on when it comes to management and work/life balance. This job has high turn over rate due to split shifts and it requires patience... ALOT of patience. This job will either make your policing career or burst your bubble as it's very similar to being a police officer in some aspects.
Pros
Good pay, chill management, no micro managing, thinking outside the box, travel pay will significantly bring your pay up to $1600+ sometimes
Cons
Travel, split shifts, shifts ending at midnight, dealing with crackheads
Great
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 July 2017
I have been working for LPS full time for 18 months now. The pay is very good compared to other security jobs. I learned a lot about myself so far. Not only do they extremely value customer service, but the way they treat their employees is absolutely phenomenal. They have a lot of hours to cover if you are willing to work. Lots of opportunity to move up in the company if you stick around min 1 year.
Pros
good pay, good management
Cons
I often struggle to find a good work/life balance, standing on your feet 8-9 hours a day
Starting my policing career here
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2017
this job is a great way to start my policing career. It taught me a lot about myself and people. You deal with people from all walks of life. Great opportunity to get to know the city you live, and the general population demographic versus geographical areas. Management is great, and team oriented. I had all the moral support, and a great team to work with. Will recommend if you are planning a career in law enforcement.
Pros
variety of clients, travel, pay
Cons
getting weekends off is next to impossible
Amazed!
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON21 April 2017
I was just hired by LPS few weeks ago, and I must say I am impressed by management and job culture. At first I was a little hesitant since I did not know much about the job, but they offered paid training (I did about 40 hours of floor training and 4 hours of video training). At the end of the training, I felt confident to be on my own and start making apprehensions. I was offered a fair hourly wage for my probationary period to be increased to $16/hr pending my performance evaluation. I have had 7 apprehensions since my start date and my supervisor is happy with the results. Overall, I will definitely recommend working for this company.
Pros
Hourly wage, experience (if you are building your policing portfolio)
Cons
travelling within the K/W region is a bit annoying
Positive work place
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 April 2017
Worked two positions, after a while it becomes very repetitive especially if you are bringing in loads of arrests. Working as LPI opened many opportunities to policing, and I was just hired to become a police officer out west. Overall, Job culture is amazing, and management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is to remain focus because sometimes the stores are dead.
Pros
Supportive management, good client variety, pay, job culture
Cons
raises, Dm, hours
Accommodating and great first security job
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 February 2017
Worked for Loss Prevention Services for 2 years. Management was very accommodating for personal life matters while still achieving full time hours. This was my first security job and by far the best first security job to have, I had the chance to utilize skills from college each day and make apprehensions as a civilian. Much better than sitting in one spot for several hours. Pay was fair but as my experience and skill developed the pay matched my ability, making it more rewarding. Always seem to have a good group of investigators working making it a fun environment to learn and grow in. If you're looking for excellent experience in law enforcement to further your goals and achievements I highly recommend working as a loss prevention officer for Loss Prevention Services as it helped develop my knowledge in the career path of my choosing. It is a very hands on skill developing job and each day will prevent new challenges.
Pros
Good hours (store hours), holidays off (mostly), good management, good skill and future career development
Great place to gain experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 February 2017
for a career in policing. You deal with all sorts of people whether addicts, or your average joe who got caught doing something stupid. This job is as close to being a police officer as it gets but as a civilian. working as LPO will make up your mind to see whether you will like being a police officer or not.
Pros
extensive training, good management, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
Chain stores in wealthy areas
Ok company
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
I have been working for LPS for 2 years now. My only complaint is no room to grow in the company. The DM position is constantly filled with low IQ supervisors.

The hardest part of the job is being patient. This job will definitely get you addicted to caffeine.

You have to be careful because most of the sites have managers who are always watching you.
Pros
comfortable work environment, ok pay compared to other Loss Prevention companies, good upper management, good training
Cons
no raises, no room to grow, cannot show real talent due to micro managing by supervisors
Low Pay, Violent and Rude Managers, No Support
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Do not work for this company ever 2 security guards were hurt with this company. Wages are usually 11.25 an hour, no matter what they say in their ads. They will not defend or support you in the work environment. At most of their job sites the managers will yell and scream at you and treat you worst then a dog. If you can leave the security guard field it would be for your best interest.
Pros
Being Outdoors
Cons
Low Pay, Rude Supervisors and Bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LOSS PREVENTION SERVICES LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.