Lordco Parts Ltd.

Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada331 reviews
Featured review
Lordco Parts Ltd. selected this as a representative review
Best Company i ever worked for. Hired me within 10 minutes of my interview. Treated me well supported me through good a few not so good days. The perks and benifits could not be matched by any other company in this field that i know of.
Pros
perks supportive.good benifits and friendly and helpful staff
Cons
I do currently work with Lordco and I'm sad to say that because they went from being a really good company to a really cheap company. When Ed ran the company they did so much more for the employees then they do now. Not only do they give you tiny raises, no Christmas presents at the party, no sick days and very little respect.
I strongly believe a union would lead to fair pay and sick days. Enough is enough we want better money!
My time at Lordco had its ups and downs like most places but all and all it was a pretty good place to work at. you make alot of friends with regular customers and most of the staff are super friendly and it feels like you are apart of a Lordco family. theres also always something to do so you are never left bored for your shift.
A week after being told I passed probation I was laid off by the local manager who obviously hadn't cleared my hiring with head office...poor management!
Pros
Lots of public contact
Cons
Incompetent local manager
Great people make for a great place to work, and Lordco certainly has great people. One of the most fun jobs I've ever had. Pay and benefits could be better, but in all fairness I worked in fairly entry level positions.
The Kelowna warehouse management are VERY biased, they definitely have their favorites and they could do no wrong and got to slack off, A LOT. Warehouse management also deal with injuries very poorly, they tell you not to see a doctor (and when you do, they get mad) and don't fill out a report until the next day and LIE on the report. The pay is not worth the amount you have to put up with and it's just like being in highschool.
With the minimum pay rate and extended hours it's a good job if you're inbetween careers and need to pay bills, but I wouldn't expect to get too far inside the company. 6 months before any benefits (minimal benefits at that) but the workers are friendly, nice management, and they buy you lunch on the weekend.
They work you illegally, don't give you any breaks and make you stand on your feet for 10 hours straight. They think they justify this behavior by buying a lunch with a budget of 10 dollars. but you have to eat it in between customers and driving, which is illegal btw. They treat women very poorly and yell and cuss at their employees. I would not wish my worst enemy to work their. NEVER WORK HERE. They are horrible.
I dont even know if anyone's reading this but lordco was a mixed bag you never know what your going to come in to tomorrow, or if theres even enough cars for drivers
Responsible for transporting product from the warehouse to store transfers multiple times a day. Required to work with customers to ensure their orders have arrived, as well as maintain a high level of memorization of part numbers & locations within the store.
The management lacks basic necessary skills, and treats staff poorly. The people you work with are terrible and it’s like your back in highschool with all the drama. They have one employee and she’s awful towards staff and customers, yet praised because she’s been there so long. She acts like she’s the boss and constantly starts problems with everyone. I wouldn’t recommend anyone work there until she’s gone.
Management only concerned with their own bottom line. Wage increases are minor and not frequent, but that's the face of retail now. Co-workers usually colaberate and work together.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Cons
You pay for your own benefits and low wages.
I loved my job, only reason I left was because I moved. There was great benefits and they were flexible when we needed it. If enjoy driving and can lift heavy parts then I would reccomend:)
The job was great i loved it but the coworkers were extremely toxic. The warehouse advisor plays favorites. The head of shipping was extremely unfriendly and grumpy all the time. Very unforgiving workplace with no room for mistakes. Would not suggest.
A day at work consists of checking your transfers from the warehouse or other locations. Calling your customers to let them know there parts have arrived. Answering telephone calls talking to customers with part availability and pricing. Taking calls from repair shops taking orders and getting them the parts they need. Learning where all the stock is kept in the back of the store and other warehouses. Helping other co workers with there orders and or putting stock away. The work atmosphere on the most part is good. co workers are fun or funny on the most part. The hardest part of the job at first was learning where all the stock was located in the store and also dealing with multiple calls and customers at the same time which can seem overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making a sale to a satisfied customer or repair shop that was happy with your service that you gave them.
Each day is busy with a variety of tasks to be completed. The company offers onsite hands on training and off site work related training. The managers get to know their staff and encourage everyone to succeed. The hardest part of the job is ensuring all workers pay attention to detail and accuracy especially when restocking. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
It's not bad work. Management at the store has his friends that can do no wrong and everyone else must obey all rules. They do personal things on company time. Like repair cars, shop and watch videos on line. Manager is immature and needs proper management training.
Management is horrible no one awnsers me when I’m genuinely not ok with a doctors note , been promised lots of things that never happened . Over all this job caused me so much anxiety and made my mental health 100x worse
Lordco best place to work allway have work busy not miss day good. Benefit matching rrsp and vacation pay and time and staffday and family fun and very good chirstmax party gift for everyone to!!
good staff very friendly to work with all the collegues and more opportunities to learn new things.
Hardest part is the when we get busy.

Best part of the job is the
Different Lordco store locations are different usually all depending on who is manager. Beautiful background for the reason of Lordco and the Coates family, I enjoyed working in customer service, driving and shipping. Though it is ridiculous, the amount of standing around and gossip/lolly gagging that some drivers tend to get away with the amount of work that needs to be done each day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lordco Parts Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.