Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

easy going, great co-workers
DFELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC11 January 2019
worked a short time but everyone was great. welcoming atmosphere. if you are a driver and u touch another car with delivery car just tell the manager. its better than not.
Pros
work mates
Cons
nothing
lordco
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2019
Old school, ghetto.
system is old and outdated cashiers do all the work on the floor.
mangers dont even do money balencing and stock.
for the amount of work minum wage isnt enough.
Good benefits
Cashier and Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 January 2019
Haven't worked here in eight years. Typical minimum wage job then. Good for a kid's summer job. Plenty of room to move up if you so choose.
Benefits were great and the Christmas party was fantastic.
Literally the worst
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rather not say12 December 2018
Literally the worst ... ever.
I was hiried on as a delivery driver. The first week was actually amazing! But I found it was a terrible terrible workplace.
-Blantant bullying and fighting between co workers. Management never did anything to stop this. Our shipper, aka our kinda sorta boss but extremely mean, and if he was having a good day he was just rude. Drivers would get in screaming matches with him all the time. No matter what kind of stuff he pulled he never got in trouble.
- Training SUCKED. I had one week where I was properly trained on delivery driving. I was still a little iffy on a few things and I was made to feel dumb when I asked questions. I also was occasionally asked to do a run to the other store to grab certain items. There is supposed to be a specific person who’s trained to do this. I messed it up every time I did it and got in trouble for it, but I didn’t know what I was doing!
-Don’t you dare get lost, but no gps and absolutely no phone in the car. Took me 2 hours to find a place once, would’ve been a lot easier if I had proper instructions on where to go or could use a gps. Got fired for that one.

Just sucks, pays terrible, and you have to wait a year to get benefits. Seriously, McDonald’s would be better.
Terrible Place to Work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC8 December 2018
I can’t really say to much because this place is not so good. The hours and the other employees were the only good thing about this place.
One of the management persons was such a terrible person and never wanted to help with any problem solving.
Pros
Hours, Employees
Cons
Management, Workload
upbeat and fun
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Cowichan, BC6 December 2018
As being my first employment I enjoyed working with the Lordco team in Lake Cowichan, and the opportunity they gave, to prepare me for future employment.
Pros
I got to prepare myself for my future employment, and meet some great co-workers
Cons
I found no cons to my employment I enjoyed working there
Friendly workplace.
packing (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 November 2018
Receiving orders and packing them into boxes.. organizing the orders.The management is really good with a very safe work environment and flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible part time schedule.
Cons
sometimes the work involves carrying heavy orders.
productive very good place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC22 November 2018
working for lordco taught me a lot about parts systems i didn't know as well as time management skills all of the other employees provide a happy and comfortable environment.
Pros
happy employees, free lunch on weekends
Cons
customers can be rude
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 November 2018
Very fast paced work environment. The opportunity to learn and advance. Fun place to work, happy inviting co-workers. Kind of like a second family..,
Terrible
Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC15 November 2018
Management is atrocious, members of head office are EXTREMELY cheap and will 'nickel and dime' some of there lowest paid employees whenever possible. Scheduling is all over the map and many managers are incompetent at their jobs. EVERYONE in the company is severely underpaid and asking for any kind of raise is like pulling teeth. DO NOT APPLY
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 November 2018
This was a very fun place to work because I got to learn a lot about cars and got to met lots of different people. Also the benefits were great there.
Pros
Free lunches for people who worked weekends/stat holidays
Cons
Late nights
Don’t even waste your time
No idea (Former Employee) –  Everywhere26 October 2018
A disgusting place to work................ you will hate your life working for this company. There is a reason why there is such a high turn over........
Not worth it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 October 2018
Horrible Manager, hardly any training, manager was very controlling and neglectful. Lots of jokes and negativity towards new employees. As a cashier you are in charge of the front end including cleaning and stocking shelves, clean work area, and dealing with customers. During the evening shift you are mostly left alone in the front which is very scary as it is by the overpass and many druggies and homeless come in and try to steal and you don't have much backup. They have a very high turnover rate due to the immaturity of management, safety risks, and overall negative energy.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
everything else
Dont do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC12 October 2018
The dont value employees.They make promises they cant keep,you wont get benefits. The longer you work the worse you get treated. Reviews have to be fought for. Management doesn't actually manage anything. To many black out dates that you cant take off, you cant book any time off during August. Always a ton of drama.
Pros
Cons
That you have to fight for everything, ex benefits, reviews, time off etc
Poor management, even worse culture
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 September 2018
Right from the start of your employment, Lordco breeds a culture of mediocrity. Everything you do is "good enough." Coworkers who have been employed there a long term are especially at fault for this type of culture.

Management is downright negligent when it comes to employee concerns. Yes, they're good pencil pushers for head office, but when an employee asks to meet to discuss an issue with a coworker, we're listened to, the manager will appear to be sympathetic, but not a thing will change. I learned to deal with problems without the help of management.

There is a deep, deep habit of bullying in Lordco from the long-time employees. If you're one of the lucky ones, they'll take a liking to you and you'll be accepted by them, but you'll be forced to watch them bully other employees based on their appearance, weight, mental health issues, personal lifestyle, etc. I was applauded when I spoke of drinking alcohol after work, but chastised when I mentioned going to the gym or going for a run. When I began standing up for myself and others being bullied I was immediately gossiped about by the manager and his small clique of long-term coworkers. If this sounds like a high school culture to you, you're right, because not many of the employees here have an education higher than a high school level and very few have an intelligence greater than a grade 9 level, despite graduating.

I have never worked for a worse internal company culture and I never will again.

Beyond the internal issues, Lordco's customer base is a collection of reprobates, degenerates, and otherwise foul
  more... and vile individuals. Apart from a small minority of customers at Lordco, the vast majority are aggressive, obnoxious, unintellectual and ruthless. I'm an extremely patient person, but as your work shift and employment progress, the more and more these low-brows begin to wear on your psyche. You'll spend your whole shift with your back up, constantly on guard from the gossip you know is going on behind your back and the aggressive, cheapskate customers in front of your face.

There are few rewarding aspects of Lordco, but there are some. Firstly, the benefits package you can apply for is outstanding (but head office will dig deep for any reason to disqualify you from getting it). Secondly, the free lunches for employees working weekends are kind of Lordco. Thirdly, you'll learn A LOT. Even if you're not interested in the mechanics trade, you'll come out of Lordco with more knowledge about automotive and industrial related stuff than when you went in. Lastly, there's room for promotion at every Lordco if you work hard enough, but there is a ceiling you'll never pass.

Overall, Lordco has a culture of bullying, employs only disinterested management, and you are forced to help bottom of the barrel of society on a day-to-day basis. If you have other employment options, take them. Only use Lordco as a worst-case scenario.
Pros
Learn alot, free lunches on weekends, good benefits
Cons
Deep culture of bullying, negligent and careless management, dreadful customer base, dirty work conditions
Don't work for Lordco
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  BC20 September 2018
Everyone is miserable, manager makes you feel useless
dont you dare work for this company, trust me.
customers are always right even if they are threatening you,
noone does a thing about employees getting bullied, multiple occasions ive been threatened.
Pros
free lunch thats it
Long hours, meh pay.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2018
Working as a driver is probably the best position you could get at Lordco. Easy job just driving all day, but the cars are absolute garbage. The upside is that you avoid doing stock, seeing how they are frequently understaffed and require you to do things that aren't technically your job.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Low pay, demanding manager
Extremely hard company to work for!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC14 September 2018
Lordco is an extremely hard company to work for. It is strictly an all work & absolutely NO FUN place to spend 8-10 hours of your day at. The employees are discouraged from forming friendships & if you are caught talking to one another the management berate you right away & say things like "GET TO WORK OR YOU WON'T GET PAID FOR TODAY"! The job is very strenuous so by the end of my work shift I'm ready to collapse on my couch from exhaustion! It is a very thankless company that has an extremely high turn over rate when it comes to employees! (Gee I wonder why? "Could it possibly have to do with the fact that you get yelled at constantly whether you are doing well or not?!!!!" The management is chaotic & treat people like slaves instead of decent human beings. Picking grains of sand from the grounds of the Sahara Desert without water under the scorching sun would be more rewarding than working for Lordco. Basically, the staff are treated like dirt and nobody wants to hear you complain so you must just keep it to yourself.
Pros
What Pro's??? There aren't ANY!!
Cons
The cons list is longer than a roll of toilet paper!
Busy
Head Shipper (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC12 September 2018
Great company... lots of room for advancement!!
Locations all over BC.. willing to work with anyone in any situation!!
They have a great leadership team that goes around to help stores when they suffer!!
lots of kids
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 August 2018
lots of kids work there it makes a ok job if your just getting out of high school people are ok like i said they are kids come and go just as i did minimum wage not bad for just out of high school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lordco Parts Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.