Lordco Parts Ltd.
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada383 reviews

Fair place to work for

Benefits are great. Depends which management you are under to get fairly treated. I previous manager would play favorites but my regional was somewhat fair. But my present manager is fair.

easy job

it’s an easy job for someone who is just looking to make money with a minimum amount of effort. Atmosphere is relaxed most times. Benefits are great here

Bad training

They expect hard work for bad pay. No bullying but it's very obvious you are a worthless machine to them. Training was completely non existent, good luck if you have questions. Everyone gossips about each other, everyone is miserable and hates their job. Scolded like a child, made to feel unreasonable when asking for reasonable requests.

Really nice, respectful and real peoples……

As for myself work at Lordco warehouse is one of the best work experience until up to now realigned great peace of mind while working there just have no words to describe that how nice, real & helpful management peoples & how much co-operative co-workers as myself I learn so much more work skills & realized a really healthy work related environment & experienced great team work ethic’s at the workplace……..

Not great

Been working for a few months now, it could be worse. But you don’t get paid much, staffing has been a huge issue before even I started, so half the people don’t know what’s going, the other half don’t want to be there. Coworkers can be great, don’t know about management as we don’t have a manager. Wouldn’t be bad if they got staff and paid people what they should be paid.

excellent place for growth

amazing benefits and always room for growth, if you work hard you will be rewarded! promote from within culture, and everyone is friendly around the office

Great Family Owned and Operated Company

I started as a cashier, my days are busy with customers and helping keep the front of the store clean. Great culture and I also worked my way to their Head Office while I was going to university.

Easy job, terrible pay

Head office will find absolutely any excuse possible to refuse you benefits. They move their yearly reviews/raises to before minimum wage goes up so they can get away with not giving you a raise of any kind. Head office does not care at all about anything but their bottom line, and will sacrifice the safety and well being of their employees to make money. However if you're looking for work you don't have to think about to do well, flexible hours, and getting to spend most of the day away from people, not the worst gig out there.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Garbage pay and benefits

Be prepared to get fired without reason or cause!

The manager had a personal vendetta against me for some reason and when they decided to “let me go” all they said was “it’s not working out” and gave no reason to why, so there wasn’t even a chance for me to correct whatever thing was bothering them since they never gave any warning or reason. The work itself is boring, the computer system is from the 70’s and the delivery driver system is seriously flawed. The only thing that made the workday enjoyable was the people.

Good people, bad pay

The staff and management are all great people to work with and are super flexible with hours. The only thing that sucks is pay, if you work inside you're golden, if you're a driver stuck in the aweful Vancouver area traffic you get minimum wage for dealing with more than the inside people ever will.

Below Average work environment

Lordco is a pretty horrible place to work, plain and simple. No one’s organized, there’s 0 communication, everyone has unfiltered mouths and talks smack. Everyone is miserable and unapproachable. And they express very immature behaviour. Being in the warehouse is boring and tedious, putting away stock is impossible when you first start because nothing is labeled. The manager is truly a nice guy, but does not know how to run a business. Although the driving aspect of it is quite fun!

No no no

The worst management. So many people think they are in charge the big and tall office lady is the worst. So much drama caused by management. Management has made it a thing to entertain employees privately.

Employees aren’t people to them

Got in trouble for being sick once, management was toxic, picked favorites and treated others terribly. Unfair shift assignment regardless of seniority.

Pros

Good friends

Cons

Horrible Management

Low pay. Lack of advancement. Definitely, not treated as family, as the ad suggests.

I made some great, lifelong, friends working here. For the most part, coming to work and working hard with friends was great. It kept things light, so when it got stressful, we could always have a laugh. On a professional level, however, Lordco is severely lacking in just about everything. Low pay is a big issue (worked there for years and still only received $16/hr, despite promises), safety was never a priority, and there was no possibility of advancing in the warehouse (they NEED a warehouse supervisor/manager), only to the front counter. The wage inequality between the front staff, and the warehouse staff is obscene. Despite the amount of work I would do, and the amount of time coworkers would come to me for answers, I was never valued by the company. I always felt like a statistic on a spreadsheet. Certainly not family.

Pros

Great friends.

Cons

Just about everything else.

Easy job after getting the hang of it, excellent management, and opportunities for advancement

The hardest part about this job is just learning about what parts are what, and where they are stored in the back room. That being said, there are always people around who know where to find things, so this really isn't much of an issue anyways. Otherwise, you'll be driving around town to shops and customer's homes, as far as Oyster River or Parksville, on a daily basis. Not much interaction with the customers either, pretty much all of them are content with you just dropping off the parts and receipt and driving off without a word. The cars all have a tablet that has a google maps style GPS route that is pre-programmed before every trip, so there is no worrying about not knowing where you are going. When the orders are coming in slow, there will be stock to put away or shelves to organize/tidy up, and sometimes you'll wash your car if it's nice out.The management team (in the year 2020 that I was employed) were friendly, super helpful, and willing to go out of their way to accommodate reasonable requests for time off and what not. Never had a single issue with either of them, and I always felt at ease whenever they were around. Also, if you put in the time and prove yourself to be a reliable employee, they will be very supportive of you for advancement opportunities when they appear either in location or throughout BC.The pay isn't spectacular by any means, but there are a lot of other jobs out there that are far more difficult that pay the same. Also, after 6 months you'll get (some really good) benefits, and if you don't crash your car after a year of working, -

Pros

Great management, easy job, steady work, good benefits plan (such as 100% off dental)

Cons

dealing with grumpy co-oworkers every now and then

Toxic work environment

Warehouse crew works the hardest and gets paid the least. Unsafe working conditions, rude staff, poorly managed. Lack of training, overworks some staff to make up for the favourable staff while they're visibly slacking off.

Pros

Amazing benefits package if you can afford to have the amount deducted from your paycheque.

Cons

Too many to list.

Workplace was so toxic I might’ve lost a few years of my life…

Management is biased. Favouritism is visible. Equal opportunity in this warehouse probably wins the trophy for biggest joke. The new hire will end up doing the easier tasks while employees who’ve been working for 6mt - 1+yrs continue to do the dirty work. You’re expected to work quick while doing proper procedures with the scanners. Even clean the workplace when you literally have no time to do so (constantly picking items). Coworkers make the place a little bearable, but drama ends up spreading quick till it gets obnoxious. Also a few incompetent coworkers while also being creepy (breach of boundaries, taking pictures of other female coworkers). Yes, expect to feel invaded and uncomfortable because most likely management won’t really care! This place was an absolute mess I could cry thinking about how terrible the environment made me feel.

Pros

Good hours, decent pay

Cons

no equal opportunity, toxic work environment

Go here if you like cars and being treated poorly.

I watched managers prove themselves incapable of setting up a warehouse. This unwillingness to grow plagues Lordco's management and ruins a fun job.

Pros

Driving is tons of fun, Other employees can be a joy, Creating a relationship with shops around town, Expanding automotive knowledge for young enthusiasts, Occasional free lunch on Sundays and Holidays

Cons

Incompetent management, Constantly short-staffed, Zero recognition for your work. Not even a thank you, Micromanaging Regional Manager, Unfair treatment of employees, Having to deal with Edmonton Drivers and rude customers, Far too dangerous and stressful for the pay

Productive and fun place to work if you’re into cars and trucks

I worked here all throughout high school and college. On school breaks I would go from part-time to full-time. They were super flexible and accommodated my school schedules with my work hours. Friendly staff, and good training.

Pros

Free lunches on weekends and holidays

Cons

Only closing for one holiday (Christmas Day)

Work hard and stay focused, you can achieve a quite amazing career in automotive parts here.

If you are looking for a career in the aftermarket automotive industry, this is the company. I was hired by Ed many years ago, with a handshake and a smile.If you are customer service driven, have an aptitude for challenges and taking them head on - you will succeed. This company does recognize that, but you have to put in the time.

Pros

Great benefits package, RRSP plan with company putting in a certain percentage based on years of service, Health and wellness program

Cons

It does get very busy and can be stressful

Very dismissive management. Non-personal work environment

They don’t treat you like a human. No time or patience’s for their employees (or customers). Micro-managing is a huge problem throughout the organization

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

Micro-managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lordco Parts Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement