Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

Don’t even waste your time
No idea (Former Employee) –  Everywhere26 October 2018
A disgusting place to work................ you will hate your life working for this company. There is a reason why there is such a high turn over........
Not worth it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 October 2018
Horrible Manager, hardly any training, manager was very controlling and neglectful. Lots of jokes and negativity towards new employees. As a cashier you are in charge of the front end including cleaning and stocking shelves, clean work area, and dealing with customers. During the evening shift you are mostly left alone in the front which is very scary as it is by the overpass and many druggies and homeless come in and try to steal and you don't have much backup. They have a very high turnover rate due to the immaturity of management, safety risks, and overall negative energy.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
everything else
Dont do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC12 October 2018
The dont value employees.They make promises they cant keep,you wont get benefits. The longer you work the worse you get treated. Reviews have to be fought for. Management doesn't actually manage anything. To many black out dates that you cant take off, you cant book any time off during August. Always a ton of drama.
Pros
Cons
That you have to fight for everything, ex benefits, reviews, time off etc
Poor management, even worse culture
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 September 2018
Right from the start of your employment, Lordco breeds a culture of mediocrity. Everything you do is "good enough." Coworkers who have been employed there a long term are especially at fault for this type of culture.

Management is downright negligent when it comes to employee concerns. Yes, they're good pencil pushers for head office, but when an employee asks to meet to discuss an issue with a coworker, we're listened to, the manager will appear to be sympathetic, but not a thing will change. I learned to deal with problems without the help of management.

There is a deep, deep habit of bullying in Lordco from the long-time employees. If you're one of the lucky ones, they'll take a liking to you and you'll be accepted by them, but you'll be forced to watch them bully other employees based on their appearance, weight, mental health issues, personal lifestyle, etc. I was applauded when I spoke of drinking alcohol after work, but chastised when I mentioned going to the gym or going for a run. When I began standing up for myself and others being bullied I was immediately gossiped about by the manager and his small clique of long-term coworkers. If this sounds like a high school culture to you, you're right, because not many of the employees here have an education higher than a high school level and very few have an intelligence greater than a grade 9 level, despite graduating.

I have never worked for a worse internal company culture and I never will again.

Beyond the internal issues, Lordco's customer base is a collection of reprobates, degenerates, and otherwise foul
  more... and vile individuals. Apart from a small minority of customers at Lordco, the vast majority are aggressive, obnoxious, unintellectual and ruthless. I'm an extremely patient person, but as your work shift and employment progress, the more and more these low-brows begin to wear on your psyche. You'll spend your whole shift with your back up, constantly on guard from the gossip you know is going on behind your back and the aggressive, cheapskate customers in front of your face.

There are few rewarding aspects of Lordco, but there are some. Firstly, the benefits package you can apply for is outstanding (but head office will dig deep for any reason to disqualify you from getting it). Secondly, the free lunches for employees working weekends are kind of Lordco. Thirdly, you'll learn A LOT. Even if you're not interested in the mechanics trade, you'll come out of Lordco with more knowledge about automotive and industrial related stuff than when you went in. Lastly, there's room for promotion at every Lordco if you work hard enough, but there is a ceiling you'll never pass.

Overall, Lordco has a culture of bullying, employs only disinterested management, and you are forced to help bottom of the barrel of society on a day-to-day basis. If you have other employment options, take them. Only use Lordco as a worst-case scenario.
Pros
Learn alot, free lunches on weekends, good benefits
Cons
Deep culture of bullying, negligent and careless management, dreadful customer base, dirty work conditions
Don't work for Lordco
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  BC20 September 2018
Everyone is miserable, manager makes you feel useless
dont you dare work for this company, trust me.
customers are always right even if they are threatening you,
noone does a thing about employees getting bullied, multiple occasions ive been threatened.
Pros
free lunch thats it
Long hours, meh pay.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2018
Working as a driver is probably the best position you could get at Lordco. Easy job just driving all day, but the cars are absolute garbage. The upside is that you avoid doing stock, seeing how they are frequently understaffed and require you to do things that aren't technically your job.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Low pay, demanding manager
Extremely hard company to work for!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC14 September 2018
Lordco is an extremely hard company to work for. It is strictly an all work & absolutely NO FUN place to spend 8-10 hours of your day at. The employees are discouraged from forming friendships & if you are caught talking to one another the management berate you right away & say things like "GET TO WORK OR YOU WON'T GET PAID FOR TODAY"! The job is very strenuous so by the end of my work shift I'm ready to collapse on my couch from exhaustion! It is a very thankless company that has an extremely high turn over rate when it comes to employees! (Gee I wonder why? "Could it possibly have to do with the fact that you get yelled at constantly whether you are doing well or not?!!!!" The management is chaotic & treat people like slaves instead of decent human beings. Picking grains of sand from the grounds of the Sahara Desert without water under the scorching sun would be more rewarding than working for Lordco. Basically, the staff are treated like dirt and nobody wants to hear you complain so you must just keep it to yourself.
Pros
What Pro's??? There aren't ANY!!
Cons
The cons list is longer than a roll of toilet paper!
Busy
Head Shipper (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC12 September 2018
Great company... lots of room for advancement!!
Locations all over BC.. willing to work with anyone in any situation!!
They have a great leadership team that goes around to help stores when they suffer!!
lots of kids
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 August 2018
lots of kids work there it makes a ok job if your just getting out of high school people are ok like i said they are kids come and go just as i did minimum wage not bad for just out of high school
good
Merchandiser/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 August 2018
great work nice people

amazing santary
very clean
Don't bother
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC31 July 2018
Absolutely terrible atmosphere to work in, grumpy disgusting backyard mechanics irate at pricing, the software for the company is stuck in the 1980s, coworkers are miserable because management dangles carrots you will never get. total waste of my time, dont waste yours honestly you'd make better money at mcdonalds.
Pros
yaaa right
Cons
over worked underpaid, no real advancement, soul sucking.
A fast pace environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 July 2018
A typical day at work is often quite busy. You are constantly on the go and there is always something to do once a task has been finished. I have acquired skills in customer service. The management and workplace environment needs improvement. The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with day to day tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with some great people.
Pros
Flexible hours for students
Cons
Overtime must be avoided
Lordco needs to learn to pay employees better
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC27 July 2018
Worked full time in the Penticton location for just under a year, worked sometimes as many as 10 - 12 days in a row, working 10 hour days in steal toe shoes. Majority of the time didn’t get lunch breaks or even a chance to sit down and rest throughout the day. Came home everyday and we exhausted and never had the energy to do anything.

Other employees were constantly bullying each other and it made for a very hostile work environment.
Pros
Could send drivers for coffee, made lots of overtime
Cons
Long hours for little pay
Terrible workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC14 July 2018
Working for Lordco has been an unpleasant experience overall. There are no good days working here just bad days and awful days that blend into one another. The staff are unfriendly & management is even worse. The morale is extremely low. If you want a low paying job where you work your butt off and get yelled at everyday and you possess "nerves of steel" then apply with them and you'll find that what I've said is true.
Pros
Cons
A big boat load of cons!
Excellent staff, though all management too scared to fire anyone
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC3 July 2018
Overall I couldnt imagine working in a better environment, however I actually had to quit due to management having their tail between their legs about needing to fire a new staff member that harassed and bullied everyone that worked there. This employee had numerous complaints from co-workers and customers (as it was typical for her to insult both blatantly throughout the day) including incidents where she had risked the safety of others. This person is still employed with the company and has likely gotten worse in her ways. Raises are unfair and rarely happen.
Cons
no alternation between staff on stat holidays, the two lowest in seniority work every holiday.
Horrible place to work
They will fire me if I disclose my identity (Current Employee) –  Rather not say29 June 2018
Horrible place to work. I really don't have ANYTHING positive to say about my experiences or time spent working for Lordco Auto Parts. It's an extremely tough company to work for. The staff are back stabbers and the management is full of themselves thinking that they can bully people (staff) day in and day out! If you want to be made to work EXTREMELY HARD with no praise then this is the place for you.
Pros
None!!
Cons
Too many to list!!
excellent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC18 June 2018
Lordco cares about it’s employees, good benefits for being a minimum wage job. flexible time off and terrific management, they care about your experience as an employee.
Fun and friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 June 2018
I highly recommend working for Lordco Auto Parts, and am very sad to not be working with them currently. I had a full time position before I went on my maternity leave, after my leave was over I was looking for less hours and to have a part-time position which unfortunately was unavailable. The best way to describe the work atmosphere was that of a family, everyone was very friendly and close, even customers would refer to lordco as the lordco family, and would feel right at home. My job title was a cashier, but the job details were much more then that, I was in charge of all cash related duties, as well as taking care of the store itself. I was responsible for cleaning the store, making sure all product was always available on the shelf and if was getting low to order more product. I was in charge of opening duties within the store, as well as closing, depending on which shift I was working. I usually would be the only cashier on during a shift, minus a 3 hour layover when both cashiers would be working before the morning cashier left for the day.
Pros
Staff and customers
Cons
Would slow down in the evenings
Extremely difficult boss
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 June 2018
The customers are great and most of the employees are great but the management isn't good at all. I like working there, but its for people who are okay with working minimum wage jobs and barely any raises.
Great starting position, not the best wage
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 June 2018
Good company to start gaining knowledge in automotive sector- opportunities for advancement if the interest is there. Wage not the greatest, 1 raise per year max, and only .25-.80 if you’re lucky. Benefits are good, through great west life. Can transfer stores if you have to move in bc.
Pros
Flexible hours for the most part.
Cons
Will take a long time to break even. Do not like giving good raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lordco Parts Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.