Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 June 2018
I highly recommend working for Lordco Auto Parts, and am very sad to not be working with them currently. I had a full time position before I went on my maternity leave, after my leave was over I was looking for less hours and to have a part-time position which unfortunately was unavailable. The best way to describe the work atmosphere was that of a family, everyone was very friendly and close, even customers would refer to lordco as the lordco family, and would feel right at home. My job title was a cashier, but the job details were much more then that, I was in charge of all cash related duties, as well as taking care of the store itself. I was responsible for cleaning the store, making sure all product was always available on the shelf and if was getting low to order more product. I was in charge of opening duties within the store, as well as closing, depending on which shift I was working. I usually would be the only cashier on during a shift, minus a 3 hour layover when both cashiers would be working before the morning cashier left for the day.
Pros
Staff and customers
Cons
Would slow down in the evenings
Extremely difficult boss
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 June 2018
The customers are great and most of the employees are great but the management isn't good at all. I like working there, but its for people who are okay with working minimum wage jobs and barely any raises.
Reasonable job for a person who has just gotten their license
Parts Driver (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 May 2018
Lordco is a good company when it comes to flexibility, and other responsibilities. Willing to work around appointments and needs. Management could use some work with being open door policy and feeling like you can go to them. Shipping department needs some work
Pros
Friendly environment
Excellent company
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC25 April 2018
Excellent company to work for. Great staff and benefits. great pay and opportunity for growth. Would recommend to anyone. Wish i still worked there but moved
Horrible pay and chaotic Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 April 2018
You pay through the nose for their "amazing" benefits! They under pay and over work their staff constantly. They are indeed of many upgrades to the billing system and the inconsistency in pricing is appalling.
Pros
Cons
Lots!
Don’t waste your time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC26 March 2018
What a terrible company to work for computer system is like MSDOS the shelves are are absolute mess nothing is priced properly, and the customer are mainly crusty old
Men drench in filth. One I have heard is that the benefits are awesome, but you have to wait 12 months to get them, but by that time they will have fired you so they can start over with someone else!
Pros
Good Benefits after a year if you make it
Cons
Terrible Management/ only lunch break for 30 mins no coffee 15 mins
A fun yet busy store to work in.
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 March 2018
Lordco Auto Parts is just that, an auto parts store. It's a pretty laid back atmosphere to work in, and the management at the Victoria location is absolutely amazing.
Pros
Full-time hours
Cons
Nothing bad to say.
job is okay
Head cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 February 2018
Benefits are good but the pay not so much. free lunch on weekends (not including drivers) and increase in pay every 6 months-1 year. easy going and good work environment but for me is not a long-term job.
Pros
free lunch on weekends
Cons
pay
good staff
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East Kelowna, BC8 January 2018
i enjoyed working here & i terribly miss it, the staff was really awesome and fun when allowed but serious. met some good people and had some good times
Pros
saturday drivers had free lunch at my store, boss was super nice
Great parts company!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 January 2018
Assisted customers and shops in auto parts and auto needs, matching or beating competitors prices, answering of phones, pulling parts and packaging up of parts.
Good entry level position
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 December 2017
I enjoyed working at lorco auto parts, the people were great to work with. I was offered many different advancement opportunities. Including transportation of dangerous goods
Pros
Free weekend lunch
Cons
Low pay
productive and busy workplace
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 December 2017
very busy work environment, good people to work with, management was good but wasn’t at the same time. learned what all kinds of differnt parts are and what they are used for.
Pros
overtime
Fast pace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
Fast pace. Management every where is the same, there is no formal training and the rules bend with every store. But benefits are fantastic, on par with medical professionals. They only ever hire enough to cover MOST of their shifts.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Poor management
People were great to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 November 2017
Typically do the same thing everyday, there's a lot to learn and the team members make it really easy.
I'd say the hardest part about this job would be learning placement of the codes but you catch on fast.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends, got to work with an extravagant team
Cons
1970 system
Productive/Fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC9 November 2017
Lordco is a great experience!The work place meant is very welcomeing. It’s fun to work there everyone is kind, you get to meet new people everyday or have the regular customers come in to replace or purchase new parts.
Pros
Great coworkers/Customers
Cons
Long days
Unique experience
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2017
Moving from customer service, retail or otherwise, into a position as a driver at Lordco was a huge jump. Probably still the job I most regret leaving. Very relaxed, learned a lot of new skills, as well as about endless car parts and their various uses. BC owned and operated, the company makes a very personal connection with each employee, regardless of rank or position.
Pros
Get to drive around all day, good work out stocking rotors and car batteries
Cons
Individual workplace management & misogynistic atmosphere at times
great job, horrible pay
Stocks (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 October 2017
as summary says, the job was great, as well as the people but the pay wasnt there for how hard i worked and there refusal to up my pay ended in me leaving the establishment.
Pros
great people, great environment
Cons
insufficient pay and no pay increases
productive worl enviroment
Parts driver (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 October 2017
This employer has many benefits. Including medical benefits, driving experience and the option to transfer locations if necessary. Cons were managements attitudes toward the working people and the wage for expected work with no raises although promised, Pros were the people who worked along side you.
Was a great learning inverment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 September 2017
Loved seeing the same car guys coming in for some new gadget
For their old truck or fancy street car.
Checking out the new products for the changing seasons.
Helping find that hard to find little clip or speacial size bolt for that old truck.
Pros
Great team playiers
good moral
Inside sales representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 September 2017
good workplace, great moral. excellent management, has a very good customer base. hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. best part of the job was the people i worked with.