Loomis Express
Loomis Express Employee Review

the work place was very easy going

9 April 2019
a typical work day would look like. I go in and clock in for my shift and then i start unloading trailers then load trailers with packages that are going out of calgary to other places like kamloops then me and the rest of the work crew do the end of the day clean up and get the work place ready for the next shift
20 September 2019
Same role
Labourer (Former Employee) - Red Deer, AB
positives
- Great location

- Work culture was great

- Operations were always managed with safety in mind.

- Hardwork

Negatives

- Lacked diversity

- Lacked new talent
10 January 2019
Same role
Labourer (Former Employee) - Prince George, BC
I worked as a casual for 8 months at Loomis Express. The first main issue that when I was informed of the job, I thought it was a part time position which could have been the management or just me not understanding what they were explaining to me. The job mainly was physical and that is what attracted me in the first place. The work is always the same unless the schedule of the trucks coming in is delayed, but a typical day is: Start work at 5am, unload and scan boxes from the Edmonton trailer, then moving onto the Vancouver and Williams Lake trailer. As a casual, I would always leave first because of union rules on hours but I would work usually from 5am to 10am and then have the rest of the day to do whatever unless they needed me that night at 4:30pm. The management is okay, lots of miscommunication though as one of the senior managers always have to pick up the slack of the other manager. I have had experience one time where I asked one of the Jr Managers if they wanted me to head out after we finished the Vancouver trailer and then when I was about to leave I was told to stay by the Sr Manager which was a bit stressful because I already had the mindset of heading out but I went back and worked a bit longer. My favorite part of the job by far was sorting mail. It was always a fun thing to do and you would hear of small places around British Columbia that I never heard of before. The workplace culture is not the healthiest considering that I don't feel safe to be myself or ask questions because everyone is wound up and stressed about management and other union type things. - more...
Pros
Sorting Mail
Cons
Management styles clashing and constant changing work environment
23 March 2020
Same location
Sales Team Coordinator (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
I would prefer not to answer this question, my opinion of this company is private and I reserve the right not to share it. Please make this section optional.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Express. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6