Loomis Express
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Loomis Express Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews

managementdayenvironmenthourpayplacegoodpeople

Really friendly people and supportive management

Most of the guys at loomis are very friendly to talk to. Some can do their job seriously while also having fun. Boss and supervisor are awesome. 08/10

Pros

30 minute lunch, paid breaks, caring management, flexible hours, decent benefits

Cons

temporary workers slack off too much due to lack of discipline

Toxic environment

Very toxic culture. No job security. The Union doesn't help. Everything is done at the whims of the top management who have no respect whatsoever for their employees.

Pros

Cons

Toxic work place

Insights into Loomis Express

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Brutal place to work

Management is the worst. They do not care about employee health or safety. They Advertise an owner operator job at 75,000-100k a year. They wont tell you it’s less than the 75k, with 30-40k expenses out of your own pocket. Heavy back breaking freight to move solo. Avoid job at all costs if you can

Pros

Full time M-F work

Cons

Brutal heavy freight that will break your body and terrible management

Very toxic environment

I would not recommend working at Loomis. The job itself is very physically demanding which is fine if you're looking for that kind of work...the issue is some of the other staff. Some very abusive, aggressive staff constantly having temper tantrums, throwing freight, screaming profanities at each other, jumping around on the conveyor belts like kids at a playground. Management turn a blind eye because turnover is so high. Their starting pay rate is poor, especially considering the nonsense you have to endure from some co-workers. There are better places to work than this.

Pros

Physical work will get you into shape quickly

Cons

Everything else

Understaffed and the people that do show up to work are lazy or too 'hurt' to work.

Great benefits and the pay is fair for the type of work you have to do. The main issue is staffing. On any given day there is 15-20 people booked off from a staff of 50 people due to leave of absence, injury or just booking the day off. This makes it very stressful for the people that show up to work every day to pick up the slack. There are a lot of lazy people there as well who put in no extra effort when we are short staffed. Management basically just expect you to suffer through it every day. There are ZERO perks to working here. No bonuses, no Christmas party, no team building events of any kind. Just a daily slog.

Pros

Good pay, great benefits.

Cons

Horrible staffing issues. Lazy culture. Apathetic management.

No fun anything

Don’t waste your heart and energy. Brutal communication. Favouritism runs rampant. If you want to be a puppet then try it out. No one from the higher ground cares about anything that goes around because it’s a family affair that run the palace.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Monotonous environment

Worker

Good place at this time. We used have fun. Heavy lifting some time. Sometimes too much job would be done and another day they send you home because no job

Stressant et très physique

Je n'ai pas aimé, personnellement, travailler en entrepôt chez Loomis. Surtout en pleine canicule, il doit faire 50°C dans l'entrepôt !

Good place to work in

The atmosphere is very friendly and encourages every individual to do his/her best . One can easily learn qualities like discipline, work management, dedication here .

Great team of people

It’s a fast paced work environment with a great team. Everyone helps out everyone if there’s any issues. Management is easy to talk to and is understanding if you have any issues outside of work that needs to be addressed.

Pros

Great staff, good benefits

Workplace was alright

The workplace was alright, benefits were good, people were ok to work with just very slow. Some of the managers didn’t care enough about their job and would be on their phone, not on the workplace in front of them. Some managers did care a lot about their work, and were very passionate in pushing people to their potential.

Pros

Good lunches

Cons

People had no ambition

Do Not Work here - Toxic Environment

All companies goals is to make a profit , but this company takes it to the next level. Yes they make a profit and do very well. But they tolerate at best their clients see employees as a cost hey need to eliminate. There is no training unless they need a receipt for government requirements. They do not want to pay bonuses and find any reason to not pay. They do not want to give salary increases. There is no benefit working for this toxic company. Not if your young or at any age, do not waste your time at this company . Go work for a company that will value your services and remunerate your efforts. there is no future for you at this company.

Pros

Cons

Toxic Environment

Horrible place

No respect for staff, called overtime almost everyday with less than 30 mins of shift left and no overtime pay or any incentives. Management didn’t care unless work was fully finished, shoved more work on top of staff once staff had finished their shift work

Pros

Cons

No respect

productive layed back

Every morning is usually the same you have your loading door that you have backed your van up too, on the other side of the door are packages that the warehouse men have prepared in the morning, that will be delivered throughout your day. Usually keep to yourself loading the truck in the morning not much communication between other employees

Pros

easy going, work alone or with one other. feel in control

Cons

long days, alot of driving, weather and fast paced

good

good day to work people are friendly and nice, good salary, supervisor are kind, better work system, new machines, nice time and not force work, good environment

A terrible place to work

It’s a pretty horrible place to work they have no hours crummy pay garbage management who treat new people like garbage they went through 4 workers while I was there and I wasn’t even there for 4 months they let the drivers yell at and fire you when you stand up for yourself.

Opportunity if you're motivated

Good work if you are self motivated and organized and understand how to run your own truck. Management is thin, so very busy, yet still supportive if needed.

Pros

Fair contract guarentee for work done, great co-workers, great customers

Cons

Have to arrange own backup driver if you want vacation, Fuel allowance is a joke compated to cost of fuel (poor contract)

Working with people was enjoyable and meeting timelines with no failures was rewarding for me and made me take pride in my work.

Working with people especially my customers as a driver was very rewarding for me and when I transferred to the warehouse I really enjoyed the people I worked with including management.

I would prefer not to answer this question

I would prefer not to answer this question, my opinion of this company is private and I reserve the right not to share it. Please make this section optional.

Productive workplace

I liked my work here. Managed many accounts day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the accounts. My direct manager was the best I have ever had. They are lucky to have him.

Unionized based company

Based on my own experience, Productive and fun workplace, Management and co worker are very friendly, i recommend to every one if you get the chance to work here. Over all very good I thankful to everyone, especially my manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement