Loomis Express

Loomis Express Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Working with people was enjoyable and meeting timelines with no failures was rewarding for me and made me take pride in my work.
Working with people especially my customers as a driver was very rewarding for me and when I transferred to the warehouse I really enjoyed the people I worked with including management.
Opportunity if you're motivated
Good work if you are self motivated and organized and understand how to run your own truck. Management is thin, so very busy, yet still supportive if needed.
Pros
Fair contract guarentee for work done, great co-workers, great customers
Cons
Have to arrange own backup driver if you want vacation, Fuel allowance is a joke compated to cost of fuel (poor contract)
I would prefer not to answer this question
I would prefer not to answer this question, my opinion of this company is private and I reserve the right not to share it. Please make this section optional.
Productive workplace
I liked my work here. Managed many accounts day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the accounts. My direct manager was the best I have ever had. They are lucky to have him.
Unionized based company
Based on my own experience, Productive and fun workplace, Management and co worker are very friendly, i recommend to every one if you get the chance to work here. Over all very good
I thankful to everyone, especially my manager
People were solid, management alienated many
Graveyard shift, sorting packages. Nothing too exciting, really decent good folk from many backgrounds. Turnover rate was high, union gig. High priority was safety.
Pros
Good people, solid safety protocols
Cons
Management was petty
Is good
You working with yourself around and enjoying your day at all the time and with most of my customers.like to be your own boss if you haven't any mistakes.
Very good Experience
I don't want to help indeed create a profile on this company. They treated me very well and I'm lucky to have worked there. I think you should have one of your employees call me and explain why I have to write this.
Productive fast pace enviorment, great co workers.
Great group of individuals. Always organized and prepared, a typical day would start at 3:30 a.m. workers would unload freight too be sorted and sent to the correct route. Management was always on the floor and engaged. very repetitive but also something new everyday. My favorite part of the job was meeting all the different customers.
very dirty warehouse
Dirty warehouse! had to wear dust mask because of the dust in the air! Unprofessional management and staff. Half the workers have very limited knowledge of english therefore very poor communication skills. Old belt line build in 1960s, boxes fly off sometimes. place is unsafe.
Great place
positives
- Great location

- Work culture was great

- Operations were always managed with safety in mind.

- Hardwork

Negatives

- Lacked diversity

- Lacked new talent
Not a bad place
Great place if you're a student as they have a multitude of shifts. Pay is not the greatest as its unionized with structured raises (so slackers make more than you if you're new)
Management is nice as they always give you positive feedback.(especially when you earn it)

Loomis expects you to lift 50 lbs by yourself, 75 with help.

All the gloves/ear plugs you need for the shift.

Pros: boot allowance, amazing benefits. New building in the works.

Cons: pay, slackers (name a job without them though)
Fast paced
I kept myself in great shape at this job, it was a fast paced learning environment. The shifts were great they were mostly in the evenings and we were never under staffed.
Summary
Low moral due to management company taking away funds, safety issues in warehouse, no desire for fixing issues in general
Great place to start
it is a good place to start a career but not prosper enough eventually you will need to move on
Pros
Minimum pay is good
Cons
They don’t ask before shortening your route showing poor management
Decent place to work
Great place to get started but there is not too many opportunities to advance. The pay is decent for driving and warehouse and above some of the competitors.
Worst ever of my life
Managers don’t do anything
Just order and sit all day

Need to change management for sure

Just fire them and get some new managers

They are just horrible

They need to pay more according to job and sacrificing sleep at 5 am

It’s just annoying that managers show up at 8 am and started ordering stuff
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Everything at that place is con
Horrible management lack of supplying safety gear, communication, due diligence is not in their vocabulary!
Worked for Loomis Prince George for almost 7yrs. Cheap company, they do not communicate anything with anyone, management is very poor and they do not do their job as a leader of a corporation at all. Safety gear or coveralls were a challenge to get if management ever remembered to place their orders or have correct sizes etc. This is a company that does not provide leadership or any incentive to their employees. You would be replaced before ya hit the floor, cheap company, due diligence as management etc is non existent. They never follow correct protocol and when taken to higher levels nothing gets accomplished not to mention good luck finding or getting phone numbers to talk to upper management let alone a response or to even answer the telephone.
Pros
Decent wage if ya get hours ok extended medical etc
Cons
Horrible shift no time for family life here
Horrible managment
High turn over because management could careless about quality employees.
Very unprofessional upper management and regional management.

Over all a very poorly ran company.
Mgmt has no direction. Seems to run the company as a tax write-off. No investment in staff or infrastructure. IT is lacking and is far behind others in the industry.
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
no recognition
the work place was very easy going
a typical work day would look like. I go in and clock in for my shift and then i start unloading trailers then load trailers with packages that are going out of calgary to other places like kamloops then me and the rest of the work crew do the end of the day clean up and get the work place ready for the next shift
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loomis Express. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7