Loomis Express Employee Reviews

Worst ever of my life
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 May 2019
Managers don’t do anything
Just order and sit all day
Need to change management for sure
Just fire them and get some new managers
They are just horrible
They need to pay more according to job and sacrificing sleep at 5 am
It’s just annoying that managers show up at 8 am and started ordering stuff
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Everything at that place is con
Horrible management lack of supplying safety gear, communication, due diligence is not in their vocabulary!
Warehouse Worker, delivery’s, office, data entry (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 May 2019
Worked for Loomis Prince George for almost 7yrs. Cheap company, they do not communicate anything with anyone, management is very poor and they do not do their job as a leader of a corporation at all. Safety gear or coveralls were a challenge to get if management ever remembered to place their orders or have correct sizes etc. This is a company that does not provide leadership or any incentive to their employees. You would be replaced before ya hit the floor, cheap company, due diligence as management etc is non existent. They never follow correct protocol and when taken to higher levels nothing gets accomplished not to mention good luck finding or getting phone numbers to talk to upper management let alone a response or to even answer the telephone.
Pros
Decent wage if ya get hours ok extended medical etc
Cons
Horrible shift no time for family life here
Horrible managment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 April 2019
High turn over because management could careless about quality employees.
Very unprofessional upper management and regional management.
Over all a very poorly ran company.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2019
Mgmt has no direction. Seems to run the company as a tax write-off. No investment in staff or infrastructure. IT is lacking and is far behind others in the industry.
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
no recognition
the work place was very easy going
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2019
a typical work day would look like. I go in and clock in for my shift and then i start unloading trailers then load trailers with packages that are going out of calgary to other places like kamloops then me and the rest of the work crew do the end of the day clean up and get the work place ready for the next shift
work with responsibility
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 February 2019
Unloading the freights and skids from trucks and trailers. Pulling the skids and loading the into the destination trailers. Loading the freights and skids into the trailers.Sorting and delivery the mail to desire trailers.
Pros
Provide safety boot
Cons
Heavy frights
Employees are just a number
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 January 2019
As soon as TransForce is involved, employees become a number, unless you work at a head office there is no care or advancement. the whole job culture changed, they only care about reducing bonuses and increasing the profit for the top tier executives and shareholders.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
no stimulation
Self Managing, Enjoyable tasks
Courier (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 January 2019
I enjoyed working for Loomis Express.
A typical day started with arriving at the warehouse between 630-730am depending on the season or routes workload.
From there I would load the truck with up to 300 articles in such a way to maximize the efficiency of the routes contributing factors and item size.
The delivery day started at 9am, and from there you would follow the zones optimal route to save as much time as possible.
The expression, Time equals money is painfully true in this job.
The importance of keeping track of time and speed would mean the difference of workload and stress from day to day and money earned.
I loved driving and being the token female in an otherwise male based job.
Pros
Pay could be based on efficiency
Cons
Seasonally heavy workloads
Working as a Casual
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 January 2019
I worked as a casual for 8 months at Loomis Express. The first main issue that when I was informed of the job, I thought it was a part time position which could have been the management or just me not understanding what they were explaining to me. The job mainly was physical and that is what attracted me in the first place. The work is always the same unless the schedule of the trucks coming in is delayed, but a typical day is: Start work at 5am, unload and scan boxes from the Edmonton trailer, then moving onto the Vancouver and Williams Lake trailer. As a casual, I would always leave first because of union rules on hours but I would work usually from 5am to 10am and then have the rest of the day to do whatever unless they needed me that night at 4:30pm. The management is okay, lots of miscommunication though as one of the senior managers always have to pick up the slack of the other manager. I have had experience one time where I asked one of the Jr Managers if they wanted me to head out after we finished the Vancouver trailer and then when I was about to leave I was told to stay by the Sr Manager which was a bit stressful because I already had the mindset of heading out but I went back and worked a bit longer. My favorite part of the job by far was sorting mail. It was always a fun thing to do and you would hear of small places around British Columbia that I never heard of before. The workplace culture is not the healthiest considering that I don't feel safe to be myself or ask questions because everyone is wound up and stressed about management and other union type things.  more... This was a good starter job but not something I would like to stay in.  less
Pros
Sorting Mail
Cons
Management styles clashing and constant changing work environment
Physically demanding work
HUB Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2018
Basically the job requires very hands on work moving packages. They do have conveyors, pallet jacks and a forklift, but this doesn't eliminate the manual labor required loading and unloading the trailers. I personally enjoyed the work but many people complained. There are also stressful deadlines and the company is stingy with OT which means you needed to work harder to get it done.

The union puts strong emphasis on consistancy which makes it impossible to treat individuals like individuals. Management needs to be over sensitive to avoid upsetting the balance of treating people like people instead of just workers.
Pros
Become physically fit
Cons
Stressful deadlines, hard to keep up
very bad pace to work
Hand pallet jacks (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
supervisor is a 18 year old worked there a month and put in to run the show never know if your working 4 hours or 10 hours a night convers some times not working
Pros
some good people
Cons
horrible place to work
Terrible place
Transport (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2018
I worked for this company for 11 years. No training given, management hide behind locked doors when there is crisis, employees get blamed for all the problems, much of the warehouse is filthy, management blame employees for problems than take any responsibility. Got harassed by management for years, union know there is a problem but do little and take a portion of your money earned. I had to get out of there. Really not worth eleven years, I had no chance to move out of the company, moved on to a new job and got the kind of advancement in one year Loomis never gave me in 11.
Pros
more than 2 weeks off after working for several years
Cons
no training, being bullied and harassed especially when injuries happen
Make more working anywhere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Canada1 October 2018
If you have s class 1, you would be crazy to work for there wage. So below industry standards it should be criminal. Go somewhere else, let them struggle till they pay a livable wage.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No money
Lack of communication
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2016
A lot of pressure to preform, and little rewards. Very high expectations by management. High stress environment. Not a lot of training - had to learn as you go. High turn over rate. I have learned a lot about logistics though - but it was a lot of self taught knowledge.
Pros
Union - security
Cons
Lack of communication
Your Workout Gym
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 March 2016
Some of the highlights of the Job.
1. You loose that extra fat every day. Its non stop action from start to end.
2. You get to watch and learn. and have the opportunity to create your own idea.
3. The hardest part of my job was moving a truck full of car tiers.
Pros
Paid workouts
Cons
short breaks
Fun and relaxing place to work
Casual Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
I have been with Loomis Express for many years. It is a very relaxed environment, with many different positions. It is unionized so you must obide by all union agreements and terms. The pay is not the greatest.
Pros
Very relaxed
Cons
Not great pay.
A good work fun job life
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 October 2015
Fun job with good people has its real busy seasons and then its dead parts as well management is kind of no good but warehouse crew knows what they are doing and gets things done right.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not very good managment
Boring place to work
Inbound Collector (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2015
As a inbound collections intern, I was very self driven and given little to no training. Definitely not a job I would pursue further.
Loomis Express Customer Service
Customer Service and Administration (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 May 2015
Worked here for over 5 years - very flexible while I was in school, amazing pay for part time. Management made a lot of on the fly decisions that at time made no sense. Unionized environment which can create a lot of office politics. Overall good place to work, steady hours and employment.
Pros
Flexibility, hourly wage, clean / nice office
Cons
Office politics and on the fly decisions
that's a place with no respect
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton22 April 2015
They don't really care about there workers. they always push workers to work hard they don't care how busy you are plus they don't talk to people with any respect