Lonsdale Event Rentals

Lonsdale Event Rentals Employee Reviews

Fantastic Work Environment at Lonsdale Events

The interview over the phone was the initial interview, the second interview was in person with the owner. The following are hallmarks of a great company and ownership. - Courteous - Challenging - Fun - Respectful People who work at this company seem to love the work culture and environment. Come prepared to work, it's very satisfying. There are some individuals who have been with this company for a very long time... this speaks volumes. The work has specifications to adhere to, and there is ample time for training - on the job. Most people catch on pretty quickly as to what's expected of them.

5-ton & 3-ton Driver at Lonsdale Event Rentals

Easy job for capable drivers that can handle a day of deliveries/retrievals of rentals for events set out by dispatch, driving anywhere from Pemberton to Kelowna in BC. In my opinion the hardest part of the job would be finding parking in busy downtown parts of Vancouver and driving with knowledge the Commuters in mind.

Small company - good place to work - limited review since I was there for only a limited time... Typical day at work starts at 8.00 am shift working

It was fun.

The job itself was interesting. I learned a lot of things. I am still learning a lot of things. You never really run out of things that needs doing. I liked that I can listen to my own music while working.

Pros

Friendly coworkers. I can have my headphones on while working.

Cons

The possibility of getting laid off when it slows down.

Productive safe and fun warehouse environment to work in.

Was a good place to work for good solid hours throughout the busy holiday season, very good training, nice people to work with, employes were treated well, I only wish i could have stayed to work there longer after the busy holiday season was over.my most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to my music on my phone and work throughout the day without many distractions and just stick to the duties i was provided with.The day would often start out with customer pickup orders for most of the morning, then mid way though the day i would be asked to prep and clean some of the larger rental items such as ice caddys,folding chairs, tables and propane heated lamps. In the afternoon me and the other warehouse pickers would get started on delivery items for the drivers to ship out the next day, this would include taking a dolly around the warehouse and finding all of the rental items the companies asked to rent from us such as racks of wineglasses coffee mugs, pitchers, at the end of our delivery picking we would organize all of the items neatly at the back end of the warehouse near where the company drivers would drop off and pick up products.I learned a lot about organizing the products in the most space efficient way the the warehouse and how busy the event rental companies can be during the holiday seasons and during the summer.

Pros

free staff meals during busy seasons

Cons

lots of overtime work during the holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lonsdale Event Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0Job security/advancement