Longo's

Longo's Employee Reviews

Canada330 reviews
Manager not friendly
They says we treat you like family but manager needs to learn this first. They don’t care about their team members no one treat you like family. Manager does whatever they wants don’t understand another team member.
Great co-workers but so many tasks given in such short shifts. Horrible management.
If you're thinking of applying to Longo's, don't. There are only a couple of managers in the store that are nice but I haven't personally worked with. This place is worse than high school, every single person gossips about everyone. The management is toxic and the way they treat their employees lacks dignity and respect. Management clearly has favourites and treats everyone unfair. They abuse their employees in other departments by making them do everything in an unrealistic amount of time. They make their employees feel as if we need something we should not go to them for their help. The only good thing is most of the employees aside from managers. It's only good if you're working with the right people. And if you make a mistake or you are unable to work, the managers will talk about you to the rest of the people that are there. Not to mention inexcusable racist comment that I hear too often. Do not recommend.
a fun work place with bar and restaurant
A fast placed and well managed enjoy to work with my team and the most enjoyable part of the job interacting with customer and solving customer issues
Fun workplace
Great place to work, very flexible hours and fun and lively work environment. Fun to interactions with so many customers would definitely recommend working here
A very nice and friendly work environment.
A very diverse, nice and friendly work environment and culture. Treat everybody like family. They are accommodating to your schedule, needs, generally quite flexible.

Some of the perks of working there were having access to fresh and good quality fruits and vegetables.

The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time.

It was a very enjoyable experience for me as I enjoy working with people.
nothing much just work as usual.
kinda tiring hectic
less pay for more work done

i love the hours cause the administration can easily fit you in the shift and they don't really complain about it.
First Job
Decent place for a first job. Quickly learn how to manage time wisely, stock and manage food correctly and how to interact with customers on a frequent basis. Nice environment with a great crew and manager.
great
I live at Imperial Plaza and shop multiple times daily at Longo's.
The staff at this location are superb! The produce is fresh and having Starbucks and their wonderful staff is a bonus!

The floor department at this location is outstanding. The selection is always fresh, with lots of selection. Valentine's Day the store was over flowing with the most beautiful arrangements and friendly staff to wrap.

I don't shop anywhere else!
Company was good
Did work alot for Longos n traveled to different stores to help out.Started off with grocery gateway has a supervisor and moved up in the store in 4 departments.
really a fun place to work
fun place and great team
always team was collaborative

the most enjoyable part of the job was going out for dinner with team. sometimes make so relaxful.
Very professional
Very organized and professional company, very strict with their rules which is understandable considering their good reputation, great training, great management
Owner & Management are good
Owners and Management are good
I met 2 kinds of dept. managers:

1st #givers- valued your effort, loyalty and dedication to grow and help you to succeed to become one of them

2nd #takers- not recognizing your hard work, sales you give to the department( most compliments on their behalf) valued those who are lazy taking frequent breaks

i fall on the 2nd# LOL
Customer service (Buggy boy)
I like this job its fun and all but if there was one thing I would like to say that they overstaffed everyone and I can barely get a shift. I get at least if I'm lucky 1 shift. the pay is good when you have shifts to do and its a holiday but it gets harder for you to be able to afford things since I don't get enough shifts. overall a good experience with the staff and managers honestly would recommend to a friend.
Productive and fun work place
Good place to work. Taught cooking classes for adults and children. Also, collaborated with many well-known chefs around the city, by organizing cooking classes at the loft. I learned invaluable tips and recipes in all kinds of cuisine through having the opportunity to host these classes.
Great First Job
During high school, this was an awesome job to have! Lunch breaks, flexible and accommodating hours, along with lots of other young adults. It was a very enjoyable environment to be in
Great place to work inspite of poor management
The job is easy and rewarding, but the management group is not trustworthy and they use you for your skills and talents then after you help them over a certain point they replace you.
Pros
No benefits to working there
Cons
Management and lack of job security
very enjoyable place to work at.
Loved working at Longos. Everyone there is so caring and helpful. Never had a problem working there. I wish that I was still working at Longos at the moment because of how great of a place they are to work at.
A decent place to work
It's a decent place to work ,where you can make friends and a family relationship.
But as any growning business comes with cut backs and a stressful work environment
Pros
Friends and family
Cons
Move up anyone with little experience, an a stessful place to work
Great Job secutirity
Its always nice to come to work and see all your coworkers or customers that you really like. Its like working with family. Longo's also has a really good training system, 5 fun questions a day instead of a huge pdf to read.
Okay
I have worked at worse places, but also better ones. The wages were above minimum when I worked there but heard regularly of low wages from newer employees. Very fast paced, lots of work, no real advancement opportunities.
Co-op student
Stocking shelves with groceries - didn't learn too much. Ok for a short term experience for co-op student, not sure of the type of career advancement .