Longo's Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 April 2018
Truly feels like a second family. Wonderful people to work with and inspiring managers.The Longos family works as a team, and their staff embodies that as well.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working with the public can be frustrating
Great place to work, would highly reccomend to students, as well as people who want a career in the industry
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
A great place to work with easy-going environment. Easy to advance, and many opportunities to learn more! Great benefits, and fair pay. They are very open to hiring students, and accommodating to student schedules.
Nepotism
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 March 2018
Unfortunately, due to Longo's being family owned and run there is a sickening amount of nepotism and favouritism that occurs, have witnessed many people lose their jobs after being in the role 5-1o years in order to benefit the families younger generations advancements.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
nepotism, long hours, awful politics
PFP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2018
Manager tried to get kitchen employees to do things that weren't entailed in the job description. Management was unfair, gave preferred employees more hours/special treatment.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Box Grove, ON14 February 2018
1) Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. 2) Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. 3) Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.Operating the cash register and handling cash transactions with customers
Scanning goods and collect payments
Issuing receipts, refunds, change or ticket
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Non-typically Retail environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2018
A typical day at Longo's would be a very Productive and Inspiring. Working among the team members gives you a lot of teamwork skills and also a help to develop some leadership skills. The management is very well regulated and the company has several programs to enhance their employees potential.
Productive, fun working.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2018
Being very busy entertaining costumers during holidays. I learned how to be flexible and be more responsible with things that are being ordered for me to do.
Pros
Good Benefits, Long hours
I learned a lot
Assistant de (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 February 2018
The job is great i just want to grow and learn more outside of my comfort zone, ive been working here for a few years and i really grew and the company helped a lot
Pros
You get a fair chance to grow within the company
Cons
Sche
Most professional supermarket to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 February 2018
During my time at Longos I learned customer service skills, met many interesting people, and worked under the most professional managers (however a political environment).
Pros
Good flexibility with hours
Cons
some schedule complications
Mostly Highschoolers.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2018
Having younger employees is a great way to expand the younger generations work ethic. Many highschoolers I worked with (when I was one) were friendly and polite to customers gaining skills for the long run.
clean and friendly place to work, good for first jobs.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
Store is usually quiet, when we are not doing anything we stand at the front of our cash and greet customers. Keep our cash clean, till is organized, supplies are organized in drawer. When we are done our shift we clean our cash and sanitize it. Clean baskets and take out garbage. Co-workers are very nice and approachable. Store is aesthetically pleasing and very clean. As my first job, pretty easy, nothing too challenging in managing the cash. Overall, a nice place to work and environment is very friendly.
Love this company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 January 2018
It was a great honour to have taken party in the longos family body i was given a great opportunity with lots of room for growth. Employee retain-ice well and you are well compensated for your experience. The hardest part of my work day was actually getting to work to be honest with a great team and a very clean and well keep work place complimented by a amazing management team goes to say my time at longos was great. My favour part was the joy of just coming and going through my day just relax and chilled with inside secret that i can not mention you just have to be apart of it to know. With the end great company great brand and anyone seeking employment you are in for a great treat so enjoy .
Pros
compensation, salary, benefits and management
Cons
Cold, lack of knowlecdge in some aspects of employee guidance
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
A typical day of work is fine, good environment. Management provides comfortable work setting, family oriented business. Overall positive work culture.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
nothing
Good working experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 January 2018
This was the first job I had which dealt with customer service. The other workers in the deli department were a big help to my growth in the department. I learned and improved on many skills here including organization as well as teamwork and leadership.
Its a good job
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2018
Its a good job but that it...its really long hours, there is absolutely no way you can have weekends off or even a weekend off you must work all weekend.
Cons
5am work shifts
Good place to be but overarching issues make it hard to be great
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 January 2018
Started as an intern, worked my way to a contract position where I provide more than adequate assistance to the company, oftentimes containing incidents and issues that arose before escalating the issues to management.

My hours were good, consisting of 7:30 to 4 PM, often times I wouldn't take a lunch as there was work to finish and not enough bodies to help.

Great culture, easily one of the best places you can work in, but the workload and oftentimes lack of help negated the benefits of such a wonderful environment, of course, each department is different.

Management doesn't seem to listen to what is best for the team and would leave us going long periods of time or of any team meetings to regroup and process the needs of the company as a team unit.
Pros
Good environment, good people, great food
Cons
Lack of management and lack of able-bodied employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
Good place to work offering part-time to full-time employment opportunities, there is so much room for advancement and the staff and management team are helpful and friendly
Productive and Organized Experience
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 January 2018
Developed many valuable skills while working as a cashier at Longo's. Managers were very accommodating, and treated customers with the upmost respect.
Pros
Long breaks (15 min)
Cons
Not many hours
respectful and productive
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 January 2018
Would load carts of fresh produce and restock shelves. Would service customers and help them make choices with their grocery shop. Hardest part of job was loading heavy products.
Flexible job environment with opportunities in and out of your department. Interesting staff, reasonable and intelligent management.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2017
Working as a customer service rep at Longos exposes you to the good and bad inevitabilities of working directly with customers. It teaches you patience, quick thinking and eventually equips you with the rhythmic multi-tasking abilities of solving issues with your mind and words while simultaneously doing something completely unrelated with your hands. The management is always aware, observant, understanding and helpful when need be while the hours are often flexible while being fluent. The hardest part of the job would be learning codes, dealing with angry customers when they misinterpret prices and learning new and more intensive skills when (if) you are asked to move on to balance money and supervise the department. Along with every other difficulty, it only takes time before you get good. In better words, you'll get used to it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longo's. Our community is ready to answer.