Longo's Employee Reviews

Messy job
Service Counter Clerk, Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 February 2019
Hard work. Good job for someone in high school. Management changes constantly but are fairly nice usually. Would not recommend for anyone with a weak stomach.
Very busy
Saleswoman (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 February 2019
This is a very busy work.Including all the following work:
 Make food and pack boxes neatly.
 Settle customer disputes in a professional and pleasant manner.
 Maintain up to date knowledge of all retail promotions.
 Scan and print the price of food.
 Mentor junior and new employee.
 Take on extra shifts based on the needs of the store.
 Greet customers with a smile and encourage feedback
pertaining to their shopping experience.
Good friends, horrible management
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2019
I learned lot about growing up and about accountability. I made lots of good friends and had good relationships with most of my coworkers. The management was wishy washy and many did not respect students. Store managers did not listen to many complaints and allowed department managers to slack off and not carry their work load. It took 3 and a half years to find a good manager for the department who ended up leaving because of the abuse from the customers and the disrespect she got from the store managers. Many employees were consistently verbally abused by customers and store managers did not seem to care. It ended up resulting in employees having to come in early for shifts and stay later. During the employment of one of the department managers, I often went home and cried after a shift due to exhaustion and cried the next day knowing I had to go back. This specific manager would come in late and leave early and I ended up working 60 hours a week to make up for the work she did not do. On the other hand, they have good benefits, raises and bonuses (which is why many of the full-time staff stayed).
Good place
Cashier, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 February 2019
Good place to work. Friendly staff and great customers. They treat you like a family and I learned many new things. I learned about business ethics, how to treat customers and benefit from it.
good first job
Meat Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 February 2019
Working at a grocery store is relatively rudimentary and longos provides a foundation of work ethic and expectations that the employees are able to transfer into future jobs
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 February 2019
I was randomly assigned a position I didn't even apply for. Expect to be pretty much ignored by your co workers including management, especially if you are working outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was using My juul in the bathroom . Managers dont care about you and think just because they are a weird litteclose knit italian community working in a store together that you are just so blessed to be working ffor them.
Pros
easy work
Cons
cold management, not really a employee discount or benefit
Business was slow based on location
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2019
When I first started working at Longos business was good because it was a new location but after a month or so it died down so shifts went by really slow
Pros
Tiny discount
Cons
Set schedule
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2019
In a typical day, I would stock the shelves and then face the store along with aiding customers to find their desired products. I learned how to work with many people and this job had a great culture. The hardest part was remembering where all the products go. I really enjoyed working with the other people in my department.
Great as a first time job and for part time employment.
CASHIER, MONEY MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 January 2019
The environment was professional and the management was supportive and helpful when they were required to be. Great place to work while I was in school since they were flexible with hours.
Pros
Good light work environment.
Cons
Some company policies are seemingly non-sensical which somewhat limits productivity at times.
longos
Kitchen and Pizza Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2018
good place to work. great people, perfect for part time when i was in school. management could be a little bit better and customer service is number 1
Pros
people
Cons
customers

Want to know more about Longo's?

Ask a question
Friendly and nice environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 December 2018
Everyone is really nice and friendly, and by this I mean the customers and the workers are nice, everything is clean, and its never too busy because they have all cashiers working
Pros
not alot of hours
Cons
not alot of hours
fun place to work with approachable management.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2018
Management is awesome. I had fun playing around my fruit displays and was surprised to see the my work on one of the flyers. The management knows and rewards the hard working employees. On my second month of work I was offered to be a team leader accepted the offer was trained but was not given the full time job until I quit and accepted other job offer. Learned from my neighbor in my previous address that my full time papers was on my mailbox.
Pros
Free (fruits) snacks :) friendly environment. Awesome management
Cons
we've worked past the closing hours as we are undermanned most of the times
stressful, unpleasant workplace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rutherford and Clarence29 October 2018
during my years of service at longos brother food market. i would not recommend applying or pursuing a job with the company. the great part about it is friendly staff and everyone generally gets along with everyone else, the down side about it is they rely on there part timers to much and most of the full timers fail to do there jobs during the day and leave it pushed onto the part timers at night which made closing unpleasant along with the stress of the large amounts of customers and under staffing at night.would highly suggest a solid consideration for part time workers as the tasks do pile up on you at night if you are closing, as for full time work the benefits are amazing full dental and a lot of other extra perks.
Pros
full time benefits, occasional free lunch
Cons
low staff, hours constantly cut, and poor management
it's okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 October 2018
cashing customers out for 9 hours and standing in one spot get's tiring. if looking for simple yet tedious job this is the job for you lol. memorizing new codes of produce every week is annoying.
An amazing work space for a first job
Front line customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 October 2018
Longos was and is a great company to work for, as long as it's your first job. If you want to work in a great environment that will teach you the basics with how a business is run and how to handle and deal with the public this job is for you.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Rude customers
recommended company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 September 2018
I've been working in this company for six years and i have a good experience,in every aspects regarding benefits, management support. And working with this company also achieving to have a self growth in a customer service
Fun place to work with flexible hours
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 August 2018
Management always lets you pick what hours you want and most of the time you are granted. The staff is always fun to be with and everyone is caring and helpful. Management at times can be sometimes lost but mostly holds up. Hardest part is dealing with difficult customers on late nights and early mornings. Most enjoyable is having a supportive and fun group around you while yyou work
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 July 2018
Working at Longo's has been a valuable experience for me and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I have grown immensely since starting at Longo's five years ago and have created many amazing friendships that I hope to continue beyond my time with the company
Good company but Business Processes need to Improve
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 July 2018
This is a good family run company to start your career in the retail sector in Canada.Good top management and generally competent staff. However, a number of business processes are outdated and need to be improved. IT department is particularly weak.
Pros
Good culture, positive work environment
Cons
Nothing much
Productive and Welcoming Workplace
Richmond Hill - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 July 2018
An amazing workplace with the spectacular management team that provides students with the opportunity to begin their journey into the workplace. Good training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longo's. Our community is ready to answer.