Longo's

Longo's Employee Reviews

Longo's provides continuous learning opportunities, they're open to suggestions no matter what title you hold and will implement procedures in order to better the company and work environment for employees. They offer a great benefits package and consistently look for ways to improve conditions for not only employees but their families as well.
Pros
Collabrative, organized and continuously improving conditions as they see fit.
Cons
Working rotating shifts and weekends
Working at longos has been an amazing experience, since I started I was welcomed in by all the friendly staff and the great customers. The job was always fun and it made you want to come into work.
Amazing to work in for a summer job for a student. Great people, great experience. Very fast paced work environment. Senior staff with help with anything.
Worked as a cashier for about half of a year. Most of the job was pretty straightforward and it was busy at peak times, especially since construction was happening in the area. The customers were some of the most entitled and rude people I have ever met, especially during the switchover to charging for plastic bags. People would throw a fit because of 20 cents of plastic bags on a 400 dollar order. My experience with my manager was pretty terrible, and the reason that I actually left the job was because I had a negative interaction with a customer despite maintaining my composure, and when she brought me into the office to talk and I explained what happened she told me that "You must have done something wrong, he is usually such a nice guy!" I understand that in front of the customer you have to act like they are not the jerk but in private I would have hoped that she would stand up for me and agree.
Benefits
Cons
Management, no opportunity for advancement, super dead at times
They are good with giving you the hours you are able to work at. During school, they understood I wasn't going to be able to work anytime because of school.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Gets really busy at times
Better Management than other grocery stores. Had a good vibe and respected other employees. Overall one of the better jobs I had and pushed me to work.
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Lots of Work
⏩⏩⏩I applied for Assistant Department Manager and they told me we need you to work first 3 month and then we'll see. 3 month already passed but they don't do anything even I asked them. Plus they told me you need to help other departments too, but after a month it became a habit for them and I have to work of 6 people! Their promises are empty,I applied initially as seafood department but ended up in meat department which I hated 1⃣ It's slavery and my assistant manager was extremely racist I have told to manager but no effect 2⃣ Plus Mobile phone they say it's not allowed but they(managers) using at work, same as eating, it's not allowed but they eat. If you are a manager or beautiful younge girl you are an exceptional 3⃣ Be prepared for hearing we are a family but they care you like sh**it They force you to do the trainings because store score has to grow, they only think about their own benefits. 4⃣ Be prepared to hear we care and give benefits such as insurance while they do something so you won't be eligible to get insurance.! They did it to me. 5⃣ Be prepared for hearing you are a team member but actually self benefits. 7⃣ be prepared for being spied even you go washroom by managers following you to count your minutes Long story short if you are looking for the following list: Disrespect Lie Racism Long hours No benefits Pretending Fake Shout Nepotism 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆 Longos is the best choice to go
Pros
Some nice coworkers if they are same postion level as you
Cons
Disrespect, Lie, Racism, Long hours, Pretending, Fake, Shout, Nepotism
lunch days and collaborative team.great management. a bit stressful sometimes ,more work and face paced.alwsys helpful team.few typical days but can get through.
I'm happy to be apart of the Longos team, great management, great co-worker, clean environment, we are all treated like family, and has been a great working experience for me
If you're thinking of applying to Longo's, don't. There are only a couple of managers in the store that are nice but I haven't personally worked with. This place is worse than high school, every single person gossips about everyone. The management is toxic and the way they treat their employees lacks dignity and respect. Management clearly has favourites and treats everyone unfair. They abuse their employees in other departments by making them do everything in an unrealistic amount of time. They make their employees feel as if we need something we should not go to them for their help. The only good thing is most of the employees aside from managers. It's only good if you're working with the right people. And if you make a mistake or you are unable to work, the managers will talk about you to the rest of the people that are there. Not to mention inexcusable racist comment that I hear too often. Do not recommend.
A fast placed and well managed enjoy to work with my team and the most enjoyable part of the job interacting with customer and solving customer issues
Great place to work, very flexible hours and fun and lively work environment. Fun to interactions with so many customers would definitely recommend working here
A very diverse, nice and friendly work environment and culture. Treat everybody like family. They are accommodating to your schedule, needs, generally quite flexible. Some of the perks of working there were having access to fresh and good quality fruits and vegetables. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. It was a very enjoyable experience for me as I enjoy working with people.
They says we treat you like family but manager needs to learn this first. They don’t care about their team members no one treat you like family. Manager does whatever they wants don’t understand another team member.
kinda tiring hectic less pay for more work done i love the hours cause the administration can easily fit you in the shift and they don't really complain about it.
Decent place for a first job. Quickly learn how to manage time wisely, stock and manage food correctly and how to interact with customers on a frequent basis. Nice environment with a great crew and manager.
I live at Imperial Plaza and shop multiple times daily at Longo's. The staff at this location are superb! The produce is fresh and having Starbucks and their wonderful staff is a bonus! The floor department at this location is outstanding. The selection is always fresh, with lots of selection. Valentine's Day the store was over flowing with the most beautiful arrangements and friendly staff to wrap. I don't shop anywhere else!
Did work alot for Longos n traveled to different stores to help out.Started off with grocery gateway has a supervisor and moved up in the store in 4 departments.
fun place and great team always team was collaborative the most enjoyable part of the job was going out for dinner with team. sometimes make so relaxful.
Very organized and professional company, very strict with their rules which is understandable considering their good reputation, great training, great management
Owners and Management are good I met 2 kinds of dept. managers: 1st #givers- valued your effort, loyalty and dedication to grow and help you to succeed to become one of them 2nd #takers- not recognizing your hard work, sales you give to the department( most compliments on their behalf) valued those who are lazy taking frequent breaks i fall on the 2nd# LOL
  1. Employee reviews