Longo's Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 July 2018
Working at Longo's has been a valuable experience for me and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I have grown immensely since starting at Longo's five years ago and have created many amazing friendships that I hope to continue beyond my time with the company
Productive and Welcoming Workplace
Richmond Hill - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 July 2018
An amazing workplace with the spectacular management team that provides students with the opportunity to begin their journey into the workplace. Good training.
It’s a big family
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
All about teamwork here, every treats each other like family. Jobs get done alot more efficient with teamwork and keep you in good spirits. The customers are all your friends and it’s just a great experience.
flexible and fun
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2018
I love working at Longos' the people are like my second family,
they help me when needed and are very flexible with my hours. The only thing is i am still considered a student even though i do a full Customer service work i should be considered part time and get above minimum wage.
Respectible Place to Work
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 July 2018
I truly do enjoy working at Longo's. It is an over all appropriate astablishment and I have only had minor concerns about the managemnt. In all other factors, Longos exceeds my expectations.
Propre
Ingénieur informaticien (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 June 2018
Intégré cet entreprise c'est nom rêve et il apporte de nouveau choses
Pros
Pause
Cons
Court pause
Good people to work with and for.
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company for the last 7 years but I feel that it is time to move on as advancement seems biased on how much someone is liked and not how much/well they worked.
Pros
Coupons and samples.
Cons
Must work weekends regardless of family commitments
Interesting
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2018
I find that a lot of what people have said on here is true. Management in most Longos' is very similar in terms of them being preferential and hierarchal(as in they definitely pick favourties). It is very clear that management is on a power trip. The hours can be a little bit brutal some weeks and standing for long periods of time is killer. My co-workers are awesome, friendly and helpful. All of them are willing to help whenever I have a question or I need assistance with something. Overall a good company to work for.(just depends on location, I guess) I learned a lot about customer service and how to properly and efficiently help many customers in a short time span. I also learned a lot more about multi-tasking and how to better do so, which always beneficial. Longos does withhold their motto of treating you (you as in the employee and you the customer) like family. The best part of working at Longos obviously the Starbucks discount! Also my co-workers.
Pros
excellent co workers/benefits
Cons
bad management/ hours are too much or not enough
Very fast paced, no proper training in the produce receiving dept.
Produce Receiver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 June 2018
Former Employee at their Distribution Warehouse
Had good co-workers except for 1 who constantly harassed and bullied me. After 4 weeks of working there, I just walked right out. I didn't bring it up with management as I was new, but my supervisor and co-workers who were aware of it just said not to let it bother me.
Good first minimum wage job
Prepared Foods Clerk/Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Your typical minimum wage job. Great comradery amongst the general staff (with the exception of management).

A few good department managers but most are entitled and self-full.
Although the store managers themselves are quite competent. Promotions often occur because of familial ties or friendships (as Longo's is still a family run business) rather than by merit or ability.

Management has a tendency to blame and shame rather than to deal with and solve issues.

Benefits are only available with part-time or full-time positions but those positions are difficult to obtain and highly competitive. Yearly bonuses are available.

High quality products.
Pros
Good coworkers and workplace culture
Cons
Bad Management, low pay, lack of opportunities for benefits
Decent job for first time employees
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 June 2018
Coworkers were a pleasure to work with but management was undesirable. Many managers had an ego problem and didn't appreciate their employees. Overall i enjoyed working there but wouldn't recommend maintaining such a job.
challenging and fun
Inventory Control Coordinator - full time (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 June 2018
New inventory system still in progress and requires physical double checking. Fifty percent of management and supervisory team are newly hired and hungry for approval and recognition.
Pros
bonus
Great for Growing Individuals
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 May 2018
If someone is looking to gain skills they can use going forward in their career or to have a stable job, this is a great place for that. You learn how to multitask, how to be great with customer service and how to handle immense pressure. However, management changes quite often and concerns are not taken seriously if you aren't a member of management. There is also no room for advancement - someone who had worked there for 14 years in the same position was trying to advance and there were no positions to move to, so they had to find a different job. This company gives you amazing benefits, but after the wage increase in January, they are barely competing with similar companies for the same positions.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly staff
Cons
reatil hours, untrustworthy management, no advancement
Okay place to work.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON14 May 2018
Longos is a nice place to work and they are very good with working with students. Allowing them to work and study. although i don't see much growth being available at the company.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
weekend work
Young age and Management
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 May 2018
When I started at Longo's I was only 14 with no prior job experience (besides babysitting) so I wasn't fully motivated to put in a huge effort at such a young age. On top of that the managers were on you so much and being so young they felt they could take advantage of me say the less and I did not feel extremely welcomed.
Team work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
I have learned how to work in a team, how to help customers who need help. Met good people and good management at my current job but trying to have a new experience working in a different place.
Pros
A good team work
Cons
Having less shifts
IT needs a revamp
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2018
Been working here sine past 4 years. First the pros very kind hearted people. Best minds in Retail and managing the business and brand.

IT is unplanned, no process, In-competent senior management running IT. Relying heavily on external contractors to fix issues when they arise, Instead of proactively implementing proper process, procedures and change management. Lack of technical depth in leadership led to bad decision making in choosing vendors for major implementations causing lot of stress for IT admins and help desk team. Lack of work life balance as constraints of resource, They don't identify lack of resources in IT as management consider IT as unwanted cost and don't feel the company has grown enough to expand, Which is a huge mistake and will eventually bring the business down on it's knees if they go by this philosophy.

Advise of employees on better implementations is neglected by senior management, Who believe a lot in vendors and contractors than the employees who work hard and provide better solutions.

Best employees with better skills don't last long as they know the lack of depth in knowledge in Senior management in IT.
Pros
Secure job, Good place for interns and beginners.
Cons
No work life balance, Not the place for experienced IT professionals
Fun workplace, nice managers
Grocery and Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 April 2018
Good place to work as a student to make money. Managers are nice, but it seems hard to move up in the company. Also a lot of the full time workers are uneducated and is not the best atmosphere to be exposed to as a kid.
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2018
I enjoyed working at longos and got along with all of my co-workers along with customers. My manager at the time was extremely understanding and I respected her a lot.
Wonderful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 April 2018
Truly feels like a second family. Wonderful people to work with and inspiring managers.The Longos family works as a team, and their staff embodies that as well.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working with the public can be frustrating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longo's. Our community is ready to answer.