Long View Systems

Long View Systems Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
Working at Long View started great. I loved the atmosphere, the management and my team. As time passed however it became apparent that it would be difficult to move up, and more difficult yet to continue loving the company.

I found that time and time again I was passed over for promotions, or even learning opportunities despite the number pats on the back affirming that I was doing a fantastic job. Apart from fulfilling my own job requirements, I strived to learn more and flesh out the role I played by taking on and volunteering to do work beyond expectations. I continuously looked for feedback, and even received confirmation at a later date that my performance in those areas had improved drastically. Despite all of this, I still continued to be passed over for promotions.

It cannot be said that my time at Long View has been a bad one, as there is plenty of good collaborative, constructive moments and a nurturing atmosphere if only superficial. I want to love Long View, and I absolutely want to stay with the company but truth be told there are limits, and those limits are bills. If my position cannot pay my bills, then I have no choice but to look for that fulfillment elsewhere. Many of my colleagues have left for the same reason that myself and undoubtedly many others can sympathize with: compensation.

A perfect company is a difficult achievement, a company where employees feel valued, enjoy the work, and have a great work/life balance. Long View touts that they care about work/life balance and I think I would agree. However, in order to have a true work/life balance
 - more...
Pros
Fantastic team atmosphere, opportunity to learn
Cons
Disconnect between management levels, poor compensation
To many outsiders brought in at Management level. Culture destroyed and you were either a favourite or you were thrown under the bus by new outside Management. To bad as it was a great place to be. Rest of staff were great!
Pros
Good income
Cons
Management and groups pitted against each other. Major favouritism a huge issue.
Be wary of companies like these. One day you are their friend, the next they throw you to the wayside. Nothing special about this place except the friendly people. Middle and upper management need a lot of help to align sales and business properly. too many ups and downs. Be careful.
Long View is a company that truly puts its staff first. They are always there in times of crisis for their people and should be the model for other companies. Long View provides access to training and advancement for those who are driven to achieve them.
Long View has amazing opportunities for young professionals, but the alliances and organizational structures shift such that a long term career is hard to plan for. There are LV lifers - right place, right time. Nothing saying your couldn’t be one too!
I think that when I was there, they were experiencing a lot of transition in management, and there seemed to be a lot of unhappy people. I was moved up into a position that I was unqualified for on the spot, and had to learn everything on the go - this was no big deal, but I was not rewarded with any sort of raise for progressing into Deskside II support working on client sites and dealing with much more stress and more timelines... The higher ups didn't seem to have time for us while I was there and thus a lot of good employees that I knew left.
Pros
Good community, supportive work environment
Cons
management seemed to be scrambled, too many managers
Work-Life balance, Collaborative environment. Work from home a few days per week. Chance to work with Multiple Clients. Generally a balanced environment with a lot to learn
Company is good, they have been around for 20 years. They are similar to other IT consulting companies. They do need to improve on the details of a SOW.
It was a learning experience for me and it was worth the while. Collaborative platforms and good boss that help promote career growth. It is a good place to grow your career in IT
Nothing to say all these years worked there was awesome and one day all fall apart and have no idea why. I have worked there with awesome people and the job was just as awesome.
I took this job as a last resort because of the economy. The pay was a joke but an accurate reflection of the IT job market right now; almost half of the last position I held.

Nobody on site wanted to be there, the client was extremely toxic and any pleas for help to management fell on deaf ears. Having this job made me leave the industry entirely.
A company with a bright future focused on work life balance model.
Two years in a row Microsoft Partner of the year and with great people focused on teamwork.
A very good company, great place to work and they care about their staff competitive salary, room for advancement and a very good benefits package. they meet with you quarterly to discuss future goals and your life path and allow you ro grow.
I miss working with this company.
Culture is at the top of their list and you know it.

Everyone who comes stays as long as possible.

You feel like you are part of a team.
12 August 2019
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write this review on us. We are glad that you enjoyed working at Long View! Our culture is something that definitely sets us apart and we know how important it is so we continuously focus on it. We hope you are doing well wherever you are now. Thanks for everything you did for us while you were here!
LVS is an IT Consulting company so the wages wont match standard oil and gas wages however they are competitive relative to other IT Consulting firms.

Environment is great to work in

Benefits are competitive

Excellent group of knowledgeable individuals

Very understanding of work/life balance
Pros
great place to gain knowledge and network
11 June 2019
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to post this review on your time with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your team, work / life balance and the benefits we offer while you were with us. We are sorry to see you go but wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor!
They understand that their employees is their primary resource and they do everything within their power to grow them internally by listening to their needs and helping them achieve their goals.
3 June 2019
Thanks for stopping by and posting this short review on us! We are pleased that you felt how important you and the rest of our employees are to Long View's success. While we are sorry that you are no longer with us, we wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor!
1. Good people however internal processes are fairly weak.
2. Good business model however the top management needs to either pass the buck or improve the approach.
- Hardest part of the job is dealing with middle management. There's often a clear disconnect from the manager of the technical team, and the client management team leading to internal conflicts which we get stuck in the middle of when we're just trying to provide good customer service.
- For some teams, remote work is actively being clawed back in favor of fostering a "collaborative environment" (i.e. trying to spread us thin by putting us on several clients) despite being shown time and time again that this system can actively hurt the service provided to larger clients if their resources are the ones being pulled.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is the technical people on various teams. They can be a good support system where management often fails.

- Concerns are brought to management often, but canned responses are often given and nothing changes.
Cons
Work-Life Balance is rarely respected by the company, Lieu time is overly restrictive and hard to use because teams are so lean, unused lieu time is folded into quarterly bonus for pennies on the dollar
Professional and happy work place culture. work hard, play hard. great clients to work for, salary was awesome, performance reviews and constant feedback on where you want to go.
Pros
clean office remote work from home
Cons
communication about expectations before business is won
You are only allowed to bill for when you are actively working on a project. if you are waiting on responses to email etc it's on your dime.

Not enough steady work to keep you busy.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
not enough work
Very good company to work for the staffs are very friendly and helpful to one another.
Able to worked on your own

Able to make decision on your own while performing your task
Pros
Free coffee and snacks
Cons
shift hours