Lone Star Texas Grill

Lone Star Texas Grill Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
First serving job
It was my very first serving job, and I must say it did teach me a lot! Thankfully I had an amazing team and managers behind me who supported and helped me through my time there. Great environment and fun atmosphere, but it can get pretty chaotic at times. Overall great experience!
Feels like home while working
people over there are very helpful to each other, ready to teach and will never be anger on mistakes rather they explain with patience and regularly keep an eye on our working skills
Great group of lads and ladies; very friendly people
It was definitely not fun at all washing those dirty darn dishes but good golly me you get free rice, beans, tortillas and hot sauce squirts, and that was amazing. You will always have no issue working fast because the motivation for that 3 minute spicy vegan burrito break is TOO strong.
Hello
I work for lonestar for a year only reason I'm leaving is because I'm moving out of ottawa Ontario it would be nice if there was a lonestar in saskatoon Saskatchewan I love my coworkers
And managment best job ever I know if I'm ever back in ottawa again I have a job and pay was great hours are amazing give this restuarant 7 stars if I could
Monotonous and slugish
Lone Star has a reputation for being a great family restaurant, but the work culture has much to be desired. You are very unlikely to advance. The management is borderline abusive and you simply aren't paid enough money for the amount of misery that you have to endure. The menu has downsized over the years, similarly to the quality of the food, which is sub-par at best. If you're looking to work at Lone Star, you're better off working for the competition.

I will on the other hand say that Lone Star offers good benefits. They cover essential needs such as dental and health care, as well as offering fitness packages with Goodlife Fitness. If you're someone who is living at home or going to school, the wages here will keep your wallet fat enough.
Lonestar Texas Bar & Grill
Favourite job! Worked at 2 locations, downtown Toronto and Belleville. I only wish the company was throughout Canada, since I was living in BC and it would have been great if I could have taken that job with me!
Great place to work at
Have enjoyed my time so far, and I hope to be with lone star for some time to come, employment wise, and hope to advance even further with the company thab I already have, to keep pushing higher up the chain
Stressful and poorly managed
I did not like working here. It was hard on my mental health. I do not like writing bad reviews about previous work places but I was happy to leave this establishment.
Waste of time
Don't work here!!!! You get bullied and treated like garbage all the time by management. No one cares or evens bats an eye. And heaven forbid you say something and it make the situation even worse!!!! Don't eat here don't work here!!!
Sad to see this company get worse
If you don’t need the money, don’t work here. Before the tip change happened it was a great place to work. Now the staff are awful, servers don’t work, support staff do everything. No opportunities for advancement unless friends with management. Doesn’t matter about work ethic. Cruelty and bullying is very common. Please do yourself a favour and don’t work here.
It was a fun place to work out
Although it was highly fast paced like any other restaurant would be, I did enjoy working there as a their dishwasher. The manager and the employees were very nice.
Tipout policy
This new policy made everyone upset or made most staff members leave and it really hurt the team that remained. Certainly a great energy workplace and very fast paced, however its very cliquey at times and hard to mesh if you are not strong already. More steps of service than many other places and an incredible amount of bussing tables is required.
waste of time
-training was terrible, they expected you to figure things out on your own and when asked question completely unhelpful
-everyone work for themselves and not as a team

-tips sucked
Pros
free pop, discount on food
Cons
outdated managers, training, hard to grow
Extremely valuable learning experience.
I began working as a dishwasher, and through encouragement from management worked my way up into the kitchen. The workplace culture was loose, but efficient. I learned many essential skills from my position at Lone Star including cleaning and cooking skills, kitchen and food management, storage management, and time management.
Fun environment
Fun environment to work in; loved all staff. Management was a bit disorganized when I worked there, it might have changed since then. Overall i loved all the servers
Great work environment
I enjoyed working at Lone Star. The staff were friendly and the management were helpful. The turn over in the restaurant was not great and the tipping pool is a horrible idea.
Stressful but welcoming
Very stressful environment but if you are able to converse and enjoy the time you spend there then you'll mesh with people pretty well! Overall not the best but alright.
Extremely happy and upbeat work environment!
Every day at work there were new people and experiences. I enjoyed working here because of all of the tex-mex culture. I learned how to work effecientlyand I liked coming to work every day!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short shifts
Super fun place to work
Great place to work, great hours, super accommodating with our schedules and the food is to die for. You're always having fun while you're working. Loved it.
Horrible management at Barrie location
Worked there for a while and management was switched over. Horrible place to work. They don't respect their workers or their schedules at all. You also tip out 30% and need to do the job of 3 servers every shift because they are so under-staffed from everyone quitting due to poor management. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Poor management, negative coworkers due to the stress, bad scheduling
Terrible
30% tipout (assuming 12% tip on cash sales), 1-2 hour shifts, 10-13 servers on a Friday or Saturday night (leaving you with 1-2 table sections), management is pushy and rude.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Texas Grill. Our community is ready to answer.