London Transit Commission

London Transit Commission Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
I enjoyed working with this company and the direct contact with the public. I had the opportunity to apply my skills as required and also to help in other capacities and departments as needed.
Managament dont care about employees, long hrs pay only 8 hrs 3 hrs spread time, they dont tell it in the interview, can start working at 6am finished at 7pm.
No weekends off for 12 years. No summer holidays. 8 hours driving per shift, no half hour lunch, no 15 min break, unless split shift but still 4 hrs driving each side no breaks. Public actually yells and swears at drivers and in some cases physically attacks drivers. Depression a common illness. Major repercussions if driver loses cool. Home life suffers with changed personality. NOT worth it!
This was the worst experience of my life. Management always tried to get you. Make huge deals about nothing. Meets for everything. I left and many others have left in the passed 5 years. Even some with 15 years seniority. Poison. Toxic place
Decent job, you need a strong constitution and a must be able deal effectively with the public in all situations. Management is just that .A day involves picking up and transporting of people from point A to B in all types of situations.
Cons
long days for those just staring out.
Great importance on Safety and Ergonomics. Everybody is very easy to get along with which cultivates a great team effort. There is most usually chances to work overtime and to bank hours
Pros
Vacation Packages
Cons
Shift work in some cases
Overall its a good place to work. Lots of hours if you want the overtime and to get ahead. The drivers all stick together and are good people to get along with.
Its a Good job. Scheduling and days off can be tough only getting one weekend off a month. Split shifts are not always great but being a newer driver there is no choice so you have to deal with it. Other than that the job is secure with good pay and benefits. Its and easy job just driving around. Can be stressfull with all the aspects of dring around a city.
Pros
Security
Cons
Scheduling and 1 weekend off a month
LTC was a pretty great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with the my co-workers. People there were very fun to work with.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at London Transit Commission?
LTC is a good place to work. Co-workers are great and management is great to work with. I enjoyed working at LTC and would recommend LTC to anyone seeking employment in a bus fleet atmosphere.
I was a customer service representative informing the public of bus route information.
Pros
assisting the public
Cons
dealing with sometimes upset and angry public