LONDON PUBLIC LIBRARY

LONDON PUBLIC LIBRARY Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Typical shift is about 3-4 hours. Very flexible hours. Easy to get time off. Atmosphere depends on location of library. I can get lots done working by myself or with others.
Working at the library would have never been an opportunity until I placed a resume a the branch. No one would ever assume working at the library would be sort of boring, but also fulfilling. Shelving books was my primary and main task during shifts and when there was free time doing small clean ups of books and pushing chairs in was more of a routine. Management doesn't care about the page position as it's not really important to the libraries success. At times, there will be a large amount of books to shelve and it will turn into a fast pace environment to get things done.

All in all, I would take this job back in a heart beat in my next life.
During orientation, I learned a lot and was ready to volunteer. The other workers are very supportive and helpful. They are easily ready to answer questions and concerns.
Excellent place to work!! Very friendly staff and everyone was always willing to help out new hires. Definitely, would recommend anyone to work for London Public Library!
Easily the most satisfying job I’ve ever had. Everyone could teach you something. Everyone was lovely. And books for days! Easy to have flexibility and a fantastic working environment! Thanks for everything London public library.
Everyone is lovely. The work is not overly stressful. The benefits of being and City employee are vast. They seem to really do their best to show their appreciation for your work.
It's lovely place to work. It's a clean environment and I am able to organize and sort all of the incoming books. It is a great place to experience and improve my work ethic.
Pros
No late fees
Cons
Not enough hours
I am thoroughly enjoying my current experience as the Non-Fiction Selection Librarian; and have had a chance to work closely with a budget of $500,000 for London Public Library’s non-fiction and music collection. This position has been very instructional in collection development and maintenance. I have had the opportunity to work closely with publishing vendors, staff and patrons to provide a collection that is well received by the citizens of London.

In my previous roles I have been front line staff for fifteen years in a public library setting. This includes working with the community on school projects, questions of general interest, and volunteer projects. I am confident that my adaptability, flexibility, skills and abilities make me a valuable employee and member of the London Public Library
Pros
Never a chance to be bored!
Cons
some of the public can be rough to deal with in my current location
learning excellent customer client relationship,team work,learning exceptional skills,team work, organising customer dervice desk and flexible hours
Pros
interacting with different people
Cons
comfortable sitting
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LONDON PUBLIC LIBRARY?
Working as a page is a very easy and flexible job, suited for students with a tight schedule. Unfortunately there is no room for advancement and hours are limited.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Minimal Hours
I am a fan of customer service and this is where i learned to listen and demonstrate through actions. Great people and place!
Pros
Quiet, and hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
A typical day at work would consist of pulling books aside for holds, cataloging all the books in my designated section of the library, helping both elderly and young with picking/carrying books, closing the library, making sure the library was clean and organized. Management was absolutely amazing. The hardest part about the job was not been able to find particular books. The most enjoyable was the atmosphere.
Pros
free lunches, and great views
Cons
long days
I loved tutoring the young children, being able to help them learn and teach them. I enjoyed everything.