LONDON PUBLIC LIBRARY Employee Reviews

Wonderful!!
Summer Literacy Facilitator (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2018
Excellent place to work!! Very friendly staff and everyone was always willing to help out new hires. Definitely, would recommend anyone to work for London Public Library!
Librarians rock!
Librarian / Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2018
Easily the most satisfying job I’ve ever had. Everyone could teach you something. Everyone was lovely. And books for days! Easy to have flexibility and a fantastic working environment! Thanks for everything London public library.
Good Pay, Good People, Good Job
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2017
Everyone is lovely. The work is not overly stressful. The benefits of being and City employee are vast. They seem to really do their best to show their appreciation for your work.
Great quiet space surrounded by books
Page (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2017
It's lovely place to work. It's a clean environment and I am able to organize and sort all of the incoming books. It is a great place to experience and improve my work ethic.
Pros
No late fees
Cons
Not enough hours
Great co-workers and community. Learned so much from all of them!
Non-Fiction Selection Librarian (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2016
I am thoroughly enjoying my current experience as the Non-Fiction Selection Librarian; and have had a chance to work closely with a budget of $500,000 for London Public Library’s non-fiction and music collection. This position has been very instructional in collection development and maintenance. I have had the opportunity to work closely with publishing vendors, staff and patrons to provide a collection that is well received by the citizens of London.

In my previous roles I have been front line staff for fifteen years in a public library setting. This includes working with the community on school projects, questions of general interest, and volunteer projects. I am confident that my adaptability, flexibility, skills and abilities make me a valuable employee and member of the London Public Library
Pros
Never a chance to be bored!
Cons
some of the public can be rough to deal with in my current location
productive and fun loving environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2015
learning excellent customer client relationship,team work,learning exceptional skills,team work, organising customer dervice desk and flexible hours
Pros
interacting with different people
Cons
comfortable sitting
Great Job for Students
Page (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2015
Working as a page is a very easy and flexible job, suited for students with a tight schedule. Unfortunately there is no room for advancement and hours are limited.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Minimal Hours
Books
Page (Former Employee) –  London21 March 2014
I am a fan of customer service and this is where i learned to listen and demonstrate through actions. Great people and place!
Pros
Quiet, and hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Energetic atmosphere, with great view of park
Library Page (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2013
A typical day at work would consist of pulling books aside for holds, cataloging all the books in my designated section of the library, helping both elderly and young with picking/carrying books, closing the library, making sure the library was clean and organized. Management was absolutely amazing. The hardest part about the job was not been able to find particular books. The most enjoyable was the atmosphere.
Pros
free lunches, and great views
Cons
long days
Fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2012
I loved tutoring the young children, being able to help them learn and teach them. I enjoyed everything.