LONDON LIFE

LONDON LIFE Employee Reviews

Canada91 reviews
excellent group if you are hungry to success
the best competitive and serious company on the market. Number one for training to get your licenses. But don't sleep after and launch yourself!
They give you the best tools to succeed, but it's your responsibility to learn and use it. Good coaching, but you are self-employed, don't forget it. You must count on you.

I quit too fast after my diploma because I didn't believe in myself.

Don't be afraid to take your phone! As I was.
Easy work, but you have to be able to do a lot of walking and standing as it was a filing position in a large warehouse type setting. People were easy to get along with and helpful.
Easy place to work, but salary/benefits are mediocre
Overall not a terrible work environment, very flexible work environment but the salary and benefits do not line up with the amount of education and experience required for the position and job expectations.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Good management
Cons
Salary
Great
great, nice please to work. enjoyed the workplace and customers. great training and an overall sense of business. great benefits and on going training
Interest place to work
Is a fun place to work, learn how to help client to management their risk, like giving client advice to invest their money to get capital growth, manage their daily risk like advice them to purchase insurance to avoid share the risk with the insurance company.
Heavy workload and very hard on body
Training very unorganized in beginning, numerous safety concerns. Co-workers mainly supportive until new management. Management created too competitive atmosphere which made staff make more errors and not a team player.
Much ado about nothing
I thought that working there would be great but I was disappointed in the work culture. Some of the mangers play favourites and still think they are in high school
slow moving
can't shake the old white man creepy grandfather vibes.
work here if you want to be ignored and have no career ambitions. also expect to receive no feedback on performance.
Each Department is Handled Differently
Each department treats their employees and the work environment differently. Employee morale, flexibility; even perks of employee recognition are offered differently. One may find one department stressful and unappreciative, but another department very warm and understanding. It really is a lucky guess if you find the department that's right for you.
Excellent Employer
London Life is a great place to work, especially in terms of the people you work alongside of and who you report to. The leadership puts a lot of attention on customer satisfaction and staff appreciation.

Their working hours are from 8am to 8pm EST, Monday to Friday so you don't have any weekend work and you still have your evenings to yourself. They offer several fun perks such as employee pot lucks, team decorating contests, free ice cream treat in the summer, employee Christmas party, Christmas supper and a social committee that puts on several fun events over the course of the year.
Pros
Monday to Friday, Benefits, Great work environment, Excellent training
Clerical business.
Never the same every day. A lot of paper for nothing. A lot of fun and a pleasure te meet every customer all day long. Learn a lot about finance and investment business also life insurance.Workplace culture is inexistant.The hardest part of the job was every co worker is your competitor.And for sure the most enjoyable part ….the reliashionship whit the customer.
Not great
not enjoyable
terrible benefits, if any

archaic dress code

brutal culture

training program is a positive, but few stick around for long afterwards....
Great environment to learn and advance
Great company that listens to their employees. I was fortunate enough to be able to chose my own hours that was beneficial to my family. If still lived in London, would still be there
Pros
Cafeteria and gym
Great Organization to work with
Great Organization to work with. It has been a great learning experience working here since last 1 year. Staff & colleagues are helpful. Management is very supportive.
Worklife balance and benefits
London Life is a decent place to work. They do offer comparative benefits to other companies and there are some other perks of working here such as the Health and wellness allowance
Not recommend for someone supporting a family
All commission based, hard to support a family. Possibly a good position for someone young, looking to start out in the financial world. You work at all times of the day and pay for your office and such.
A good place to work, but bring your own TP
I enjoyed working at London Life. The people are very nice and friendly, although they had trouble finding a space for me because their facility is a bit overcrowded. (That could have changed by now.) Management was responsive to my requests as a consulting professional.

My major complaint with London Life is that the toilet paper in the ladies' room (at least; I never went in the men's room, for obvious reasons) might as well be 80-grit sandpaper. Yow.
Pros
Nice people, friendly environment, nice cafeteria, responsive management
Cons
Cheap toilet paper in the bathrooms, dressy so may require new clothes
Bonne condition de travail et bon programme aux employés.
Compagnie stimulante et bien réputée. Bon programme de formation et de développement.
Dreadfully uninteresting.
The assistant manager in my department lacked assertiveness, was too agreeable, and failed to make rules explicit by means of electronic or paper copy (e.g., rules were basically exclusively conveyed orally, as if we have yet to invent rocks to write on, and if rules were communicated either electronically or written down on paper, then they were either vague, ambiguous or just generally poorly written). The issue with rule communication made the job difficult to perform properly so mistakes were being made frequently.

Pay was low, but the job was theoretically low skilled and was performed by multiple demographics (some team members were old and useless whereas others were quite young and useless).

Career prospects are decent insofar as the company has many roles that many people will strive to obtain as a life long career.

The pay rates for roles do not always make sense, e.g., some people requiring post secondary are at a job tier below the people serving coffee.
Opportunity for growth
I was fortunate enough to work in a really good work environment. I loved the culture, very fun. I loved the opportunities offered to me to grow as an employee. I didn't feel stuck in my initial role.
If you want, and if you are able, you can be very successfull at London Life!
A very good place to learn, improve, and work.
A very serious company who gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about how functions the money management in our life.

They have an amazing system of training, efficient courses to be successful in your diplomas. It is a big enterprise. Knowledgeable. Reliable.

After, you have to find your clients, but it is the same in every insurance company, and it is the hard part of the beginning of the job.

I have had a lot of pleasure to attempt the Monday morning meetings, to give us punch , faith and tips in our new beginnings.

I keep a good memory of my several months in London Life, but unfortunately heath issues made me interrupted.

And I think sincerely , you have to feel very secure in your self to start this carrier, and before doing it, put away some back up, that will allow you to start more comfortable and entirely devoted to build your clientele.

They have a good medical plan.
Pros
studies offered by the Compagny, very good training. opportunity to make a good living if you go through the begining.
Cons
advances on comissions, when you generate work. difficult on the begining