London Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

A very Canadian insurance company
Sr. Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2018
Work life Balance
Very flexible working time (able to work from 6:30 or 10:00 to start)
Overtime pay at 1.5 times per hour
But most of non-specialized jobs are low pay
Overall good company
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 March 2018
Good location and some good perks. Overall good people and management however some processes antiquated and recent restructuring has been very disruptive.
Great
Building Porter (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 January 2018
Enjoyed the work and the people and the culture. It was organized and gave the possibility for lots of self-managenent and to better time-management skills.
Good place, Wrong Job for me
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2017
I enjoyed my time at LL overall. Made friends and got some good professional experience. Pay was okay for what my job was. First two years were better than the final year. Company culture was pretty good however in my department was sort of obvious who the bosses like and who they dislike. Out of the people i knew and worked with it appeared as though a promotion usually relied on factors like how close you sat to the person interviewing you or if they knew one of your family members. In 2017 the company underwent huge changes involving outside management consultants, mass layoffs and forced retirements. My team was cut in half and I was laid off. So as far as job security goes in my experience there is not any what so ever at this place, but they do a great job acting like there is. I would work there again but not at my old position but if a job in a new department opened I would happy to give it a shot.
Pros
Great Perks and Holiday Bonuses
Cons
Being laid off with 1500 other employees
productive and friendly environment
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 October 2017
A enjoyable place to work. Over 15 years of service, learned how to process medical and dental claims. I liked the group atmosphere. In addition, the ability to be able to work with other departments to ensure time service.
Pros
no long hours
Unlike any other company
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 September 2017
Tired of having to pay to work, the company just moved to new offices and tripled the cost of usage wether you use it or not ( which I do not ). We used to lease computers from them @ $50 per pay, systems changed and we had to buy our own and they charge us $70 per pay for technology fee.
A typical day for me is prospecting, service calls and evening appointments, no leads are provided. Helping clients find suitable solutions to financially protect their families and themselves in case of a catastrophic event was the best part of my job.
Freedom 55 is purely a marketing concept.
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 August 2017
The Freedom 55 brand is purely a marketing concept. This organization does not offer comprehensive and balanced financial advice. As my (former ) branch manager announced to staff: "at London Life, we are not here to offer financial advice. We are life insurance salesmen".
Pros
Cafeteria pricing (was) subsidized
Cons
Commissioned sales job.
Awesome place to work
New Business Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 August 2017
-Great atmosphere
-Benefits are top notch
-Gym within the building that's cheap membership
-lots of opportunity for advancement
-Company sports, fantastic too
Administrative Assistant Support (Current Employee) –  london23 May 2017
Great place to work. Company does a lot to reward their employees. Being new I did find it hard to learn a lot about how the departments intertwine between each other.
Great company to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec (down town)9 September 2013
Was a very interesting job, learned alot about insurance and also a great group of co-workers.
Left job after my manternity be a stay at home mom.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
did not like travelling down town
Contract position
Group Benefits - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario18 July 2012
Data entry, filing, customer service, mail distribution for the department
Pros
variety
Cons
contract