London Health Sciences Centre

London Health Sciences Centre Pay & benefits reviews

Overall, it’s a great switchboard position IF!!!! You can achieve Full Time!!! It takes a long time to climb that ladder. They like to hire “casual/part time (which you don’t get benefits and are always on call! So you can’t exactly leave town on your days off! It has its usual “office politics” too. A good blend of senior operators and younger. Friendly atmosphere for the most part.
Pros
Great reputable employer and pay
Cons
Mostly hire casual/ part time on call basis!
Poor management and most higher ups are very arrogant. Really depends on your direct supervisor and team members, but be expected to have poor work-life balance and no chance of raise or benefits if hired on contract.
Pros
Help others
Cons
Long hours, no benefits
great place to work, plenty of opportunity for growth and gain experience as a RN, the schedule is good for a young RN looking for work, great benefits and good work
Do AEMS about discrimination, harassing or bullying. Do report and document any interaction Always ask for help when no feeling comfortable or not sure
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Wellbeing
The benefits, and pension are excellent, as mentioned in the header. However, over the years that I have worked for this organization, management has degraded to the point of being inept and painfully incompetent in even the most simple and mundane of tasks. Minor breaches of the organization's codes result in overly harsh and unrealistic punishments. Meanwhile, the larger issues (patient overcrowding, mental health treatment, hallway medicine) are largely overlooked and even ignored,
Enjoying my time working at LHSC. Can be stressful do the fast pace and lack of resources at time. Co workers are amazing and it makes for long shifts to go by quickly
Pros
Good pay, treated fairly if you do your job
Cons
Budget cuts
While LHSC does offer exceptional training and employee benefits, PSW's are overworked, underappreciated, and forced to work full-time hours as "part-time" employees. Due to the wonderful union contract that rolled out last year, they can now label us as part-time but can schedule us full-time hours BEFORE we get a say in our availability. By doing this they also don't have to provide us benefits, even though we all work full-time. The Staffing & Scheduling office is horrible. When you call most of them are rude, and there is no communication. You get a different person almost every time you call. They have no idea what's going on, and schedule us 6-8 12 hr shifts in a row. You also don't get a set rotation, so you're scheduled however they want. There's no predictability or consistancy. They constantly violate ESA rules so you NEED to know your rights in Ontario. They don't care about who you are - you're just a number. You used to be able to go into the staffing office to talk face-to-face with someone, but they closed the office and are now behind a locked door with frosted glass so you can't even see in. The more impersonal it is the easier it is to not care about people's work-life balance. Management is good. The manager for our team is fantastic, and she does everything she can to try and help us. She understands our staffing concerns but there's honestly nothing she can do. Management on the units is alright too. PSW's float for the most part so you don't really get to know them, but the interactions I've had have all been positive. The Nurses are all normally - more...
I was on coop so benefits don't apply to me. The first half of the coop was good second half I lacked a workload. But the people I worked with were very nice had social events outside of work.
There is a leadership problem which is not being addressed, as a result there is a terrible culture and morale throughout the organization. Pay and benefits are good but not worth the strain on your mental health, not to mention the constant fear of losing your job if you are non-unionized.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Unstable, toxic culture
Good work environment Near best pay for a PSW in London Ontario Friendly Coworkers Management can be a bit uncoordinated and unproductive in regards to certain matters and part timers end up working basically every weekend and holiday
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance
Excellent salary and benefits with many opportunities to grow. Overall a fantastic place to work. The biggest struggle is to achieve a work / life balance which can be challenging.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Can be long hours
My job was very diverse and I learned many new skills while providing accurate, professional services to the patients. There were many diverse requirements in my role as pharmacy technician. All tasks had to be done with the utmost accuracy. The pace was quite fast and many deadlines had to be met. I enjoyed the variety of tasks and the professional workplace environment. I was able to work well with management, staff and co-workers as wel as patients.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
Unit clerk, I currently work here enjoy my work and do patient registration. Excellent team work great Pay excellent pension and benefits not many companies offer this
benefits
Cons
Worked from 2005 - 2016 in the IT department. Excellent staff to work with, most have the right attitude. Management is lacking and has contributed to a culture problem. For an organization that has so much involvement in mental health, I was surprised by how little management actually cared.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Part time is difficult. Have been there for five years and never going to get full time so no benefits at all. Really think my work is valuable so very disappointing.
LHSC can either be a good environment or a toxic environment to work in. There is a lot of "Friend" hiring that takes place. Wages for most part of okay, but cost of living compared to wages should be looked at increasing.
Worked as a casual student worker for 2 summers. Fellow coworkers make the environment a positive atmosphere. Unfortunately management is evasive and out of touch with their subordinates and the hours are sporadic and unpredictable.
Pros
Pays well, fair amount of breaks and lunches
Cons
Casual workers not covered by union, hour sporadic and unpredictable
LHSC is a good employer although I have only been there a short time. As with all healthcare across the country, there is definitely room for improvement.
Good stable job. Salary and benefits good and recognized for experience. Understaffed often and client care suffered at times. High turnover in managment.
The LHSC is an amazing lace to work, especially for someone who is just out of college for exactly what they are offering. But don't believe the hours they tell you to expect. Many of the positions that are offered are casual which leaves you at home waiting to be called in, and with no real schedule to rely on. Their training very well organized, although getting all the information needed in order to properly train can sometimes be difficult when its another office that is giving clearance for their software.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No scheduled hours
LHSC is a great place to work. As a full time employee you have one of the best pensions out there. Benefits are great! Hourly pay is very generous. Lots of wonderful staff.