London Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Management heavy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2018
Worked at LHSC for 10 years+ in perioperative Care, the management was a complete disaster, they foster cut throat coordinators who rotate every two years after they have terrorized a unit, worked short staffed in unsafe environments.
Pros
Academic, great learning with diversity of cases
Cons
Management incompetent
Lhsc
Casual Research Assistant, PedCARE in Peads Emerg (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2018
LHSC has been a great company to work for. My coordinator has always been very wonderful to work with and very accommodating. I enjoy working here very much,
Great job with good benefits, as long as you don't mind incompetent management
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
Worked from 2005 - 2016 in the IT department. Excellent staff to work with, most have the right attitude. Management is lacking and has contributed to a culture problem. For an organization that has so much involvement in mental health, I was surprised by how little management actually cared.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance or have a life
Sterile Processing Attendant (Regular Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2018
Part time is difficult. Have been there for five years and never going to get full time so no benefits at all. Really think my work is valuable so very disappointing.
Productive, Supportive Place to work
Secretary 9 (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2018
London Health Sciences is a fantastic place to work! I have been employed since 2012 and I have been fortunate enough to work in many different areas around the hospital which has made my career path extremely successful.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Management Turnover
Great staff and teams
Unit Clerk - Pediatric Inpatients (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2018
i spend my days making sure i have all my paperwork up to date and that i have an understand of each special cause i have on the floor, i have worked in a few different floors and love my job.
Good/Toxic
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 June 2018
LHSC can either be a good environment or a toxic environment to work in. There is a lot of "Friend" hiring that takes place.
Wages for most part of okay, but cost of living compared to wages should be looked at increasing.
LHSC doesn't care anymore
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2018
LHSC is an organization that sadly, doesn't care about it's employees or the patient. Management continues to pile work on it's front line employees, who are constantly working short. Overworked, overworked, overworked.
I was proud to be an employee of LHSC for many years, but lately, I was no longer proud to say I was employed there.
The pay is comparable to other organizations thanks to the Unions, but job satisfaction is, I believe, at an all-time LOW. The reason I got out now was because morale is terrible, and my body just couldn't keep up with the physical demands that are continuously being expected.
Great people to work with
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2018
Excellent resources available to employees. Great people to work with. Good advancement opportunities. Excellent departmental leadership and interdepartmental relationships.
nice place
Quality Assurance and Education Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 May 2018
I worked here for 2 years and i really liked working here, people are really nice and polite and make you feel as part of a bigger family. Wish there were more opportunities to go higher up though.
Research Assisstant
Department of Urogynecology, Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2018
It was a very professional environment with mature workers. The work was very repetitive at times, however, you did learn a lot about the specific research projects being worked on.
Large teaching hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
One of Canada"s largest acute care teaching hospitals. Opportunity to advance career, numerous specialties, ability to learn in a dynamic environment. Numeous research projects
Computer Engineering Contracts
sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2018
Barely out of school for computer engineering in the mid to late 90's I was highly touted and sought after by several company's trying to keep up with several deadlines directly related to Y2K.
Pays well, poor management team
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Service Support Worker19 March 2018
Worked as a casual student worker for 2 summers. Fellow coworkers make the environment a positive atmosphere. Unfortunately management is evasive and out of touch with their subordinates and the hours are sporadic and unpredictable.
Pros
Pays well, fair amount of breaks and lunches
Cons
Casual workers not covered by union, hour sporadic and unpredictable
Good Employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
LHSC is a good employer although I have only been there a short time. As with all healthcare across the country, there is definitely room for improvement.
Good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2018
Good stable job. Salary and benefits good and recognized for experience. Understaffed often and client care suffered at times. High turnover in managment.
University Hospital London
Pulmonary Lab Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2018
Great People and loved working there... there was such a great group of people I invited everyone I worked with to my wedding and the All came. If the money was better id be there forever..
Loved it my boss was great and i got special treatment when I was sick.
Exceptional Workplace
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2018
I had a contract job at LHSC and I was very impressed with the organization culture, all team members and management team were very supportive and respectively.
Job Experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Overall I enjoyed working. I love the working atmosphere and the co-workers and the management was very helpful. From this place I have learned a lot many skills which are going to be helpful for my entire working life.
Loved working there but morale and politics could cloud your enjoyment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
a very busy and stressful unit which I coped in well! I enjoyed the work! Short-staffed many times so affected morale; morale was very low at the best of times. Difficult to approach management to address issues. Some great staff and physicians to work with!
Pros
my peers, physicians
Cons
12 hours shifts could be long and very busy!