London Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Great job with good benefits, as long as you don't mind incompetent management
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
Worked from 2005 - 2016 in the IT department. Excellent staff to work with, most have the right attitude. Management is lacking and has contributed to a culture problem. For an organization that has so much involvement in mental health, I was surprised by how little management actually cared.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance or have a life
Sterile Processing Attendant (Regular Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2018
Part time is difficult. Have been there for five years and never going to get full time so no benefits at all. Really think my work is valuable so very disappointing.
Great staff and teams
Unit Clerk - Pediatric Inpatients (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2018
i spend my days making sure i have all my paperwork up to date and that i have an understand of each special cause i have on the floor, i have worked in a few different floors and love my job.
Good/Toxic
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 June 2018
LHSC can either be a good environment or a toxic environment to work in. There is a lot of "Friend" hiring that takes place.
Wages for most part of okay, but cost of living compared to wages should be looked at increasing.
LHSC doesn't care anymore
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2018
LHSC is an organization that sadly, doesn't care about it's employees or the patient. Management continues to pile work on it's front line employees, who are constantly working short. Overworked, overworked, overworked.
I was proud to be an employee of LHSC for many years, but lately, I was no longer proud to say I was employed there.
The pay is comparable to other organizations thanks to the Unions, but job satisfaction is, I believe, at an all-time LOW. The reason I got out now was because morale is terrible, and my body just couldn't keep up with the physical demands that are continuously being expected.
Great people to work with
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2018
Excellent resources available to employees. Great people to work with. Good advancement opportunities. Excellent departmental leadership and interdepartmental relationships.
Large teaching hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
One of Canada"s largest acute care teaching hospitals. Opportunity to advance career, numerous specialties, ability to learn in a dynamic environment. Numeous research projects
Pays well, poor management team
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Service Support Worker19 March 2018
Worked as a casual student worker for 2 summers. Fellow coworkers make the environment a positive atmosphere. Unfortunately management is evasive and out of touch with their subordinates and the hours are sporadic and unpredictable.
Pros
Pays well, fair amount of breaks and lunches
Cons
Casual workers not covered by union, hour sporadic and unpredictable
Good Employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
LHSC is a good employer although I have only been there a short time. As with all healthcare across the country, there is definitely room for improvement.
Exceptional Workplace
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2018
I had a contract job at LHSC and I was very impressed with the organization culture, all team members and management team were very supportive and respectively.
Job Experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Overall I enjoyed working. I love the working atmosphere and the co-workers and the management was very helpful. From this place I have learned a lot many skills which are going to be helpful for my entire working life.
Slow at times / busy at times
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 December 2017
If you love the life as a casual, this is the job for you. Great work environment. Off for most of the week and work every weekend, and STAT holiday.
great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2017
learned about trauma and spent many hours in trauma. learned alot about the equipment used and learned to apply makeup for ATLS courses. Got to work with the elder population and heled look after a parent with dementia
Pros
excellent teachers
Loved working here
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I really enjoyed working for LHSC I worked mostly at University Hospital on the 10th floor. Everyone I worked with were smart, helpful and kind. Have nothing but good things to say. Everyone works well in the interdisciplinary team.
Great Place Not so great people
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
The work environment was fine but the management styles and various pressures on the upper echelon translate down wards producing a huge gap in respect to those lower on the food chain.
If you can find an equally well paying job elsewhere - take it.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 May 2017
I find it very challenging to work in a place where senority counts for everything. There is no reward for ongoing professional development, continuing your education, making yourself the most qualified and best candidate for the job. Senority rules here. Our bedside nurses have graduate degrees, while our management has community college diplomas.
Pros
Great colleagues, Hoopp
Cons
Shift work, poor benefits, senority rules, poor work life balance, vacation black out periods, missing holidays with your kids (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc)
A super work environment
Emergency Medicine Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2017
I really enjoyed my job here and learned a lot about various types of billings but I missed the contact with patients, other staff and physicians as I worked alone for the most part.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Monotonous at times
Portering
PORTER (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2017
A quick paced, progressive workplace, where shift work and part time hours are often required. The organization offers some training opportunities, but more internal opportunities would benefit employees.
Lhsc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2017
This a great place to work. Staff are awesome and are always eager to help! Management are supportive and work well to integrate new nurses. Would recommend!
I enjoy LHSC.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2017
I enjoy working at LHSC. This employer aides the employee in areas other workplaces don't. Employees can enjoy physical activities during their lunch breaks, join courses to enhance their work experience.
Working at LHSC is not just a place to work it is a place to experience and explore and hone your abilities.
Pros
Many groups, clubs to join.