London Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

Pays well, poor management team
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Service Support Worker19 March 2018
Worked as a casual student worker for 2 summers. Fellow coworkers make the environment a positive atmosphere. Unfortunately management is evasive and out of touch with their subordinates and the hours are sporadic and unpredictable.
Pros
Pays well, fair amount of breaks and lunches
Cons
Casual workers not covered by union, hour sporadic and unpredictable
Exceptional Workplace
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2018
I had a contract job at LHSC and I was very impressed with the organization culture, all team members and management team were very supportive and respectively.
Job Experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Overall I enjoyed working. I love the working atmosphere and the co-workers and the management was very helpful. From this place I have learned a lot many skills which are going to be helpful for my entire working life.
Slow at times / busy at times
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 December 2017
If you love the life as a casual, this is the job for you. Great work environment. Off for most of the week and work every weekend, and STAT holiday.
great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2017
learned about trauma and spent many hours in trauma. learned alot about the equipment used and learned to apply makeup for ATLS courses. Got to work with the elder population and heled look after a parent with dementia
Pros
excellent teachers
Loved working here
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I really enjoyed working for LHSC I worked mostly at University Hospital on the 10th floor. Everyone I worked with were smart, helpful and kind. Have nothing but good things to say. Everyone works well in the interdisciplinary team.
Great Place Not so great people
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
The work environment was fine but the management styles and various pressures on the upper echelon translate down wards producing a huge gap in respect to those lower on the food chain.
If you can find an equally well paying job elsewhere - take it.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 May 2017
I find it very challenging to work in a place where senority counts for everything. There is no reward for ongoing professional development, continuing your education, making yourself the most qualified and best candidate for the job. Senority rules here. Our bedside nurses have graduate degrees, while our management has community college diplomas.
Pros
Great colleagues, Hoopp
Cons
Shift work, poor benefits, senority rules, poor work life balance, vacation black out periods, missing holidays with your kids (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc)
A super work environment
Emergency Medicine Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2017
I really enjoyed my job here and learned a lot about various types of billings but I missed the contact with patients, other staff and physicians as I worked alone for the most part.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Monotonous at times
Portering
PORTER (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2017
A quick paced, progressive workplace, where shift work and part time hours are often required. The organization offers some training opportunities, but more internal opportunities would benefit employees.
Lhsc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2017
This a great place to work. Staff are awesome and are always eager to help! Management are supportive and work well to integrate new nurses. Would recommend!
I enjoy LHSC.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2017
I enjoy working at LHSC. This employer aides the employee in areas other workplaces don't. Employees can enjoy physical activities during their lunch breaks, join courses to enhance their work experience.
Working at LHSC is not just a place to work it is a place to experience and explore and hone your abilities.
Pros
Many groups, clubs to join.
Great Place to Work
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 February 2017
I found London Health Sciences Centre to be a great place to work. It's a great job for the money and the people you get work with are awesome. The people are always willing to lend a helping hand and make it easier to manage your day.
Community minded and health and safety oriented.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
I have enjoyed being part of the LHSC team for the last 11 years. Despite my recent practice concerns, I would recommend working here to anyone who asks.
Pros
Safety conscious, health and wellness promotion, multiple services available to help achieve and maintain good health both physically and mentally.
Cons
Means of testing Nursing Professional practice.
Teamwork
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2016
I like the family spirit and the culture of trust and freedom at London Health Sciences Centre. Work place is very safe and providing a lot of support. I enjoy working at LHSC
Great job, excellent experience and lots of friends made
Fire Prevention Security and Emergency Response (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2016
Job was great, not a lot of room for advancement for non clinical opportunities in leadership. Front line experience is unmatched, job allows for discretion and ability to make of it what you wish as an employee. Invaluable and forever appreciative of my time at LHSC
I find my current position very enjoyable.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2016
It is a very pleasant environment to work and I enjoy what I do and going to work every day. I work in an office on my own with little to no supervision but I am focused and complete my daily tasks by the end of each day.
Great place to work overall
Registered Nurse- Vascular Cardiology (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2016
Overall LHSC is an amazing place to work. Management is great, experience is great, and other co-workers are great! Vascular is a high-paced sometimes challenging work environment but is do-able.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Can be overwhelming
A nice organization that welcomes diversity in its workforce
Practicum Student (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 July 2016
It's a great working experience, there is a lot to learn. I have personally learned workplace cultural sensitivity .My co-workers are very supportive and ready to help when called upon.
Pros
Networking opportunities, Building strong relationships
A leading healthcare facility
Admin/Professional (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Great hospital with an environment that is challenging and provides a platform for growth. Healthcare as an industry provides challenges and LHSC works to remain within the constraints set by outside sources. The culture remains strong in supporting the staff and the organization as a whole presents as a supportive network within its own restrictions.