London Drugs
View all London Drugs reviews

London Drugs

London Drugs Employee Review

I worked as a Tech Specialist

Very Good and orgainized company to work with.Manager was really good and the location I was working was really good. You can tips so you can make decent money with minimum pay

Pros

Training, Advancement Opportunity

Cons

Can be stressfull sometimes

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

good

nice part time job good place to start as a first job.nice staff and management. easy to climb up if you are willing to put your hard work and time you can go up.
Same role

Basic Job / High workload; low pay / Negative Work Environment

It's a good basic "dead-end" job as there is barely any to no advancement in the career. I liked working with some of my managers and colleagues as they care about working with you and are very friendly even when the job is not the best; I cannot say the same with the rest of the management as they only care about making numbers and making themselves look good for the head office people. I mean, it's a bureaucratic work environment with a lot of favouritism for employees who show off how well they are to other employees; I guess you can take that as how you advance in this company. What makes the job feel like this is a dead-end job is the amount of work you do compared to how much you are getting paid. My experience working for this company in my department (TECH) is that it is more mentally demanding than physically demanding. You are and will have to keep pushing to satisfy management and rude customers. The computer terminals are like your best friend, but it is so old, and the software and applications give you a '90s computer's feel and run terribly slow and would crash very often. Lastly, expect no boundaries with your position if you ever advance. If you were sales, then move up a position you are expected to fill in for the salespeople if they need help. So you can think of it as being in two positions simultaneously for very little, I mean a little wage bump. So far, the worst decision I made working for this company when they offered me the technician position, coming from the sales floor. Unless you are hired specifically for a technician position without sales -

Pros

Okay benefits and discounts / very flexible (In my location) / Some good stuff to work with

Cons

Low Pay, High workload and expectations, Senior management are bad except for some.
Same location

Pharmacy

In some locations, employees are super busy and need to multitask all the time. Assistants are paid minimum wage, and if you work PT, they expect you to have a fully flexible schedule and be available whenever they need you. Many stores are understaffed, and the employees need to work harder without getting compensated.

Pros

Training is taken seriously

Cons

Unfair pay, Not a place to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement