London Drugs
View all London Drugs reviews

London Drugs

London Drugs Employee Review

Lies

Minimum wage is not fair for the amount of patience and tech skill you must have when helping customers typically on the older side who do not know how to use their phone. extremely understaffed so expect to be doing multiple roles at once

Pros

Relaxed when slow

Cons

Long hours, busy, antiquated systems

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

good

nice part time job good place to start as a first job.nice staff and management. easy to climb up if you are willing to put your hard work and time you can go up.

Basic Job / High workload; low pay / Negative Work Environment

It's a good basic "dead-end" job as there is barely any to no advancement in the career. I liked working with some of my managers and colleagues as they care about working with you and are very friendly even when the job is not the best; I cannot say the same with the rest of the management as they only care about making numbers and making themselves look good for the head office people. I mean, it's a bureaucratic work environment with a lot of favouritism for employees who show off how well they are to other employees; I guess you can take that as how you advance in this company. What makes the job feel like this is a dead-end job is the amount of work you do compared to how much you are getting paid. My experience working for this company in my department (TECH) is that it is more mentally demanding than physically demanding. You are and will have to keep pushing to satisfy management and rude customers. The computer terminals are like your best friend, but it is so old, and the software and applications give you a '90s computer's feel and run terribly slow and would crash very often. Lastly, expect no boundaries with your position if you ever advance. If you were sales, then move up a position you are expected to fill in for the salespeople if they need help. So you can think of it as being in two positions simultaneously for very little, I mean a little wage bump. So far, the worst decision I made working for this company when they offered me the technician position, coming from the sales floor. Unless you are hired specifically for a technician position without sales -

Pros

Okay benefits and discounts / very flexible (In my location) / Some good stuff to work with

Cons

Low Pay, High workload and expectations, Senior management are bad except for some.

Fun and Productive

Work life balance is at minimum. Pay is on the lower side of the scale but benefits are good. There’s progression for you, as long as you work hard. Lots of customer interaction especially in a small town single market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement