London Drugs Employee Reviews

Great employer
Management (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 August 2018
I have worked and continue to work for London Drugs.

They have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time there.

After a career that this over 2.5 decades long I am feeling that I am would like to see what else is available.
Customer Service Centered with great company management
Assistant Manager - Computer Department (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 August 2018
Scheduled shifts throughout retail hours. Many levels of reasonably helpful management. Lots of great co worker interaction both internal and external to work. Large community presence and high standards of customer service.
Workplace in LD
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC9 August 2018
London drugs provides an environment that will help young workers build confidence to succeed in the sales department for years to come. The stock part of the job is good for organizational skills
okay place to work, terrible managment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
Terrible managment as of latley, but the other coworkers were nice and lovley to work with, terrible benefits, but a pretty good discount at koodo mobile, telus, and a few other places including at LD with a discount Of 20%.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
terrible and weird managment
Good people, poor compensation.
Computer Specialist, AVS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 July 2018
Good people, but depending on who you work for, dramatic difference in compensation. Worked at one location for several years and made an agreement that with an adequate improvement in performance/sales, I would possibly get a raise. I did my part but was still denied. Moved to another city for a period of time, decided to work for the company again. Inquired about my rate within my first week and less than a week after received over 3 dollar raise from a manager I had recently just met. I get that there are a lot of logistics, but just felt so insulted after that. Again, great group of people (service staff), but each individual location seems to do whatever they wish without any corporate guidance.
Great for students
Post office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 July 2018
London Drugs provides support for those of us that want to pursue different paths at the same time, like school or travel or other hobbies. They provide the flexibility for hours and days worked, or if something comes up out of the blue they are very accommodating and will help you every step of the way to make it work for the employee. Their extended health benefits are great, being a drug store and all. Most if not all medication is 100% free, which is nice. They are constantly trying to bring in new ideas, concepts and programs to help the customer experience as well as to venture off into different avenues, like their recycling program, opening post offices and having new reward programs etc
Pros
flexibility and accomidation for staff and hours
Cons
sometimes understaffing or over worked multi trained personel
Great place to work..Staff are amazing.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2018
Staff are great. manager in the last few years not so much.
the hours are not great.lots of weekends and nights
shifts all are late too.
I love the customers the job is fast paced which I love
makes it go by fast!
vacation was tuff to get.
breaks are fair,overall I loved it!
Pros
staff is great
Cons
hours and time off
Pleasant co-workers that were helpful, work not overloading.
Customer Service(Casual) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 July 2018
One major setback: sometimes I would ask for work to do because I would be done the task, and there wouldn't be much to do.

Otherwise, it was a great learning experience and enjoyable. Make sure to ask questions, everyone is helpful as long as you ask away!
Pros
Holiday free food
A decent company to work for.
Photo Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 July 2018
London Drugs offers its employees great benefits and employee discounts. The shifts are flexible and is a good place for young students to work who are looking for a part time job.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Wage cap for long-term employees. No annual wage increase.
Productive and inclusive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 July 2018
Thoroughly enjoyable workplace with great benefits for full time employees. Flexible work hours and extensive training. Great management and workplace culture here- many people working here have been doing so for over 10+ years.

Want to know more about London Drugs?

Ask a question
Busy,Fast passed enviroment with many challenges
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC28 June 2018
As Loss Prevention Officer you never had a set day of how it was going to go. When it was busy tons to do. However when it was slower you had to find things to do. At times it was challenging if a suspect wasn't not being respectful. Other all great people to work with and definitely interesting.
Pros
mostly busy, great co-workers
Cons
dealing with some not so nice things
Nightmare company
Rtg (Current Employee) –  Nope28 June 2018
Been there almost 15 yrs. This place has gone downhill bigtime. Mgmt a joke. I used to be one. They run half the payroll they used to despite twice the sales. Used to be customer focused now could not care less about them. Run...dont look back you will regret it...unless your a yes man who has no life and love to work for little money at a company that doesnt care about you or your well being. Most of the district mgrs are drunks or adulterers. Most are just a complete disgrace. But they will never get rid of me. I like to come in once a week and watch it slowly burn..
Pros
Hilarious watching the incompetent mgmt
Cons
Lousy to work for in almost every way
Job Salary and Promotions
Audio/Visual Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 June 2018
If you are going to work in the RTG part of the store be ready to run 4 departments during your shift. This includes Computers, Audio Visual, Cameras/Electronics, and the Photo Lab. They pay you close to minimum wage for a job that should be paying you a minimum of $15 an hour since your going to help customers in 4 different departments which means they want you to have knowledge in those 4 departments, that is not worth minimum wage.

London Drugs used to have employees focused primarily in the department they were hired in but now they want to save money and make employees work in all 4 departments.

This is a very cheap company to work for and you will only get a small promotion by working there for a very long period of time. I would not recommend working here if you want to move up in the company.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay, promotion opportunities
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
Work was very fast paced and always busy with things to do. The knowledgeable and supportive staff made it an enjoyable place to work. I was able to learn so much for working there.
Many good staff members, retail work
Customer Service & Stock Services (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 June 2018
I had many good coworkers. I was employed as stock services and cashier. Retail work. Staff discount available. The workplace culture is one of customer service.
Fun at the beginning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
It got really boring and then customers and employees would be mad at me for not knowing what to do and instead of helping me, they continued to be mad at me and wouldn't show me what to do. I would feel embarrassed in front of customers when employees would be angry with me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid breaks.
Managers only care about profit
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 June 2018
Unless you are a supervisor/manager you will be working crazy shifts anytime from 5am-10:30pm, usually you will have a different start time everyday. Say goodbye to having a life outside of work, a normal sleep cycle, and don't expect managers to care about you.
+Most stores are understaffed (a way store managers save money to comply with head office pressure to increase profits) and the workload is insane.
Run
Maple Ridge - Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2018
Promises of opportunity and growth within the company. However, it is restricted, as you require management to push you through. Essentially, most corporate places are like this - This is a special case due to the fact that everyone is so miserable that they can not bother to work with each other. A dysfunctional team that leads to stress that is definitely not worth their minimum wage with the promises of an increase due to hours served.
Pros
Free Coffee, Regulated Breaks.
Cons
Employees are miserable
fun workplace, lack of hours
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2018
I've learned a lot working at London Drugs in various areas of various stores in both BC's lower mainland and Edmonton's WEM
Management is rotated regularly, so I had ample opportunity to learn and witness what works versus what doesn't.
The staff work well together and made me feel welcome to AB.
Pros
structure
Cons
lack of hours
Productive for the most part. Company culture was good.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
So long as there was work to do and customer to serve at the till you would be occupied. However as soon as the crowd dies down you'd be searching around for work to do, and for the most part there wouldn't be much to do, and you would be told to simply stand at the cashier till.

Overall a decent place to work at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.