London Drugs Employee Reviews

Professional workplace
Store System Administrator/SPC/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2018
London Drugs is a great place to work, I am very happy in my position
Computers Department
PT Computer Specialist/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2018
This company offers lots of mentoring to increase your professionalism, they are diligent with the consistency in providing a great service and experience for customers.
Competitive sales work environment
Photo Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
Management needs to work on preventing favoritism in departments.
The job can be very fulfilling when helping customers, but bad scheduling, late shifts, uncaring management and sometimes toxic employees can be very stressful
Pros
lots of hours for reliable employee, good benefits
Cons
low pay for starting employees
not so competitive benefits
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
I realized this company has the least competitive salary and benefits . They do not provide any annual adjustments as well... Thee is certainly job security and chances for advancement if you're driven but job work/life balance is not so great..
Pros
security
Cons
not-so competitive salary and benefit
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 April 2018
London Drugs is a great place to work, I am very happy in my position. However, if you restrict your available time in any way, expect to not be scheduled for very many shifts.
Pros
Supportive, helpful staff and management
Cons
not enough hours scheduled
A great place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2018
Working at London Drugs is good job experience on your resume. The management was very friendly to help when they needed to, and I enjoyed being there. I also helped them out on occasion too, even for the holiday season, and my work was praised by them. For anyone searching for a job, I recommend working at London Drugs, who are more than happy to show you around.
Pros
Helping other employees in the store when needed, helping the customer
Cons
Not enough work hours, finishing late
Student Part-time
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 March 2018
I love this job, being my first job as a student. The employees and management I work with are like family. I work at a small location so knowing you have help from everyone in the store and knowing they all support you is an amazing environment to work in. Because it is a small store each department works really close with one another. The communication is great.
There will always be the few people that annoy you while working but (to be honest) there will always be one person that isn't the best/brightest.
Pros
Flexible for Students
didn't love the experience at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC22 March 2018
although i learn great communication skills from this job and how to interact with new customers. the work environment wasn't that great. the workers didn't really work together or care about each other.
Boring horrible place to work
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC22 March 2018
Only ever got weekends and evening shifts even after working there for three years.
Cosmetic manager kept full size samples and makeup, creams, ect for herself and her daughter.
Well managed retail business
PHOTO LAB SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC15 March 2018
though one has to be in uniform while you work there, its a decent regional departmental store. Colleagues are good at work and conversations. Its a seasonal shift in business usually high revenue with lots of work in the photo lab part that I work in.
Great place to work, conditions slowly getting worse
AUDIO/VIDEO SYSTEMS TECH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 March 2018
London drugs is a company great company to work for. Very family oriented when I began but has since begun to let the market dictate working conditions.
Pros
accommodating
Cons
management
good working environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC3 March 2018
pay scale is low
otherwise the work is suitable and easy
great management
coworkers are friendly
work is easy learn
pharmacy environment is organised and a flow is maintained
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
low pay scale
Work Family
Postal Worker and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
Everyone at London Drugs is so friendly, they're like a second family! The management is very understanding about needing time off for a work/life balance, booking time off is very easy. There is always work luncheons or BBQs for further team bonding. The discount on so many products is great too, and they are very good about training their employees and promoting from within. I have been cross-trained in cashiering, customer service, post office, and stock, so each day offers variety and a slight change in scenery.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, easy to book time off, good training
Cons
Dorky uniforms
Good Company to work
Customer Service Represantative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2018
I like the Work Environment , Co-worker and management. Such a good company to work with it. Always satisfy with my work , position and all work environment.
An engaging and busy work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC15 February 2018
This role was a busy and engaging position. There was always something to, so there was never a dull moment. Learned knowledge of medications and making compounds. Paying close attention to detail was vital.
Pros
constant interaction with customers
Cons
long hours and a repetitive position
Unorganized
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2018
Management was hard to talk to. They were in no was accommodating at all. Shifts were getting cut however they kept hiring new people but giving more experienced employees the shifts no one wanted to work.
Productive company , fun place work
Cosmetic Department and Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2018
I worked for London Drugs for 7 years, they are a great company.
they treat their employees with respect and fairness.
they have a great benefit program they constantly strive to keep the staff with more training.
I enjoyed woring there.
good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
They provide proper training but they should try to delegate responsabilities to motivate employees.The company gives support for workers , this is one of the pros
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
same tasks
nice and friendly place to work
Photo Electronics/Post office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2018
I work in a busy environment. with many different tasks at hand as well as customer service enquiries and service. Passport and visa pictures are a big part of the photography dept.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor benefits for regular part time employees
Simple
Early Morning Stock (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 January 2018
I worked the early morning stock, so our tasks were to get the store ready before opening, so we were responsible for working the stock in the warehouse and getting out for display in the store, facing the aisles and making sure they look presentable, sweeping the floors to make the store look nice.

The workplace culture was dully, I guess it was because it was a 5 am job. I found the tasks to be too simple and repetitive there were no challenging new experiences or growing room. It was too simple of a job to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.