London Drugs Employee Reviews

Management have become a bunch of delicate flowers and are always stressed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 October 2018
I worked there for some time, it didn't long for me to become unhappy with management., sometimes difficult to get time off especially when everyone wanted the same days off. Management can be insulting in the public eye, I was one aisle over when management compared me to another coworker who was not as good as me when it came to facing. coworkers would insult you in front of customers.
Ugly uniforms,
I did enjoy some time there too, however the not so pleasant outweighs the great times, As far as family business. Nothing compares to when i worked at zellers.

I will never go back to working there, not if i can help and either will my kids if i have any say..

If your a hard worker, you don't get much credit for that when the slackers get away with doing as little as possible.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Management stressed, ugly uniforms, breaks fall behind, so much bs.
Short staffed
Customer Service - Cashier Clerk - Ambassador (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 October 2018
Retail - Anything can happen at any moment. Composure is everything. Always be on your game. And always find something to chuckle about by the end of the day.
good place to work
stock/cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2018
London Drugs was a great place to work, I learned so many different types of jobs while working there. My shift mainly started at 5am, so much to do at that time, between changing prices, putting and taking down a ad, merchandising, or stock.
Pros
great hours
Cons
early mornings
Great workplace but really bad management
Trade specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 September 2018
Great co-workers, production personnel at DSC. Everyone like a family, and company has a lot of policies and procedures which is really good. This was a really great part of the job. Unfortunately, maintenance dept. management are far behind, they are not care about equipment neither people who work there. DSC location is really remote and if you don't have a good car it ll be a trouble to get here. Big turn over through maintenance department. Management just create a drama around. No parts available and if you try to fix machines properly, they just punish you and request to put broken parts back . Yes, management just getting a bonuses for it.That is why whole department contain unqualified personnel. Company and culture is great especially it is local company, but huge budget cuts and disrespect people and the work that has been done is just bring all equipment and operation down.
Pros
Co-workers, Company culture, policies and procedures
Cons
Management, no parts., unqualified personnel
They have no idea what a good skilled worker is.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 September 2018
The managers are dumb and have no idea what a good employee is. Dont bother applying unless you have a IQ under 100. They are not professional and have no idea how to fix computers.
Pros
Cons
everything
About what you expect in retail
Stock person and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 September 2018
relatively fast paced work with a focus on customer satisfaction. Management is good to work with and the culture is fun. Cashier work is never fun but working stock was enjoyable.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
cashiering
Still pretty good, but not what it was.
Computer Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 September 2018
I've been with LD for close to 18 years and it's really started to go downhill in the last 10. Staff morale isn't very good, mostly because of hours being reduced and every long-term employee hasn't had a pay-raise in 7 years. Cost of living in BC is no longer in-line with what we're being paid and the frustration among the staff is getting worse.

Still, the people I work with are like my second family and the benefits are quite good for a retail establishment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay rates need to be increased.
Productive and growing comoany
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC7 September 2018
There is always good and bad in every job it's all in how you handle it. As the years have gone by, because of the department I work in there have been many upgrades and changes. The hardest part I find dealing with lately is our elderly customers passing away. There's no real support for that just continue on with your day, but you get so close to so many. The tone of the pharmacy has changed with the cutomers more demanding and not always nice. Again no real support from company.
Overall though after 12 years I know most by name thst come in. I know their families and they know mine. The good always out weighed the bad.
Pros
Lunches at Christmas. The people
Cons
Customers who yell and call you all kinds of different names
Warehouse is old, and not a good place to build a long term career
Warehouse Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2018
The London Drugs warehouse once was the pride of the company. London Drugs had pioneered new logistical trends, and was innovative in it's supply management solutions. But those days are long gone.
With the birth of Ecommerce, the central supply network of London Drugs should be revamped from the ground up, instead, a very short sighted management team has built a very inefficient patchwork system, and wonders why the customers continue to purchase from the competitors. All the while patting themselves on the back for 1% growth rates. Meanwhile the rest of the industry is growing double digits!
Professioinal place to work
Cashier - Light (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 September 2018
work here is very professional the setting is very tight but overall a great place to work. Hours are always guaranteed as when you are hired. no surprises
London Drugs
Intermediate Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 September 2018
Lots of experience from multiple business units. Lots of friendly people with varying experience. Lots of extra social activities to help with the day-by-day tasks.
great time there with everyone involved.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2018
London Drugs gave me a great time of employment while i was there. and would have no problems going back to them for employment again in the future. the job titles and requirements were easily laid out and understandable and you were free to pursue your duties how you saw fit. customer service was great and customers were happy. provided a great way to learn about new products and helped you help others.
Pros
fair hours, friendly staff, great customer care
Cons
ugly uniforms
Makes for a good part time job with potential to go further
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2018
Depends on the location really. The stores have lots of different roles to fill, but the problem can come down to over filling the roles or under-relying on outer departments. Full time hours are hard to come by for newcomers as well as employees who've been around longer. store can sometimes seem to only rely on a core group of emplyees with others playing minor supporting or expendable roles.
Pros
Good benefits, potential to grow and move into different positions
Cons
Not always possible to achieve full time hours, potential management issues resulting in payroll cuts
Dismissal Without Notice
Computer Specialist / Audio Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC17 August 2018
Employment was Terminated; in Lieu of Notice a severance package was negotiated.

It is mandatory that a minimum of one hundred and fifty characters be typed in this field
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Poor Management
Great employer
Management (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 August 2018
I have worked and continue to work for London Drugs.

They have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time there.

After a career that this over 2.5 decades long I am feeling that I am would like to see what else is available.
Customer Service Centered with great company management
Assistant Manager - Computer Department (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 August 2018
Scheduled shifts throughout retail hours. Many levels of reasonably helpful management. Lots of great co worker interaction both internal and external to work. Large community presence and high standards of customer service.
Workplace in LD
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC9 August 2018
London drugs provides an environment that will help young workers build confidence to succeed in the sales department for years to come. The stock part of the job is good for organizational skills
okay place to work, terrible managment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
Terrible managment as of latley, but the other coworkers were nice and lovley to work with, terrible benefits, but a pretty good discount at koodo mobile, telus, and a few other places including at LD with a discount Of 20%.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
terrible and weird managment
Easy Minimum wage job
Stock, Customer Service, Sales Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2018
It's an interesting place to work since they sell nearly everything in every department. Great learning experience and can be a great part time or first time job. The hardest part was either the bad customers that come through every once in awhile or the hate most employees show for the job. Good job for any kind of person.
Pros
20% Discount, mindless work
Cons
Many conflicting personalities. They do not hire for a team they hire the first if someone leaves
Good people, poor compensation.
Computer Specialist, AVS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 July 2018
Good people, but depending on who you work for, dramatic difference in compensation. Worked at one location for several years and made an agreement that with an adequate improvement in performance/sales, I would possibly get a raise. I did my part but was still denied. Moved to another city for a period of time, decided to work for the company again. Inquired about my rate within my first week and less than a week after received over 3 dollar raise from a manager I had recently just met. I get that there are a lot of logistics, but just felt so insulted after that. Again, great group of people (service staff), but each individual location seems to do whatever they wish without any corporate guidance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.