London Drugs

London Drugs Employee Reviews

Working at London Drugs was a great experience for me as I was a new immigrant to Canada, but the scheduling wasn’t good and some people are not interested in training you nicely.I also want to mention that not each branch has the good management team. Some locations they have their own favorite employees.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Early morning shifts
When you could be standing outside the manager's office and can hear a conversation between the manager and assistant manager, about you, and who else could hear this? Something is wrong... Very wrong. ( Close the door!!!!) The atmosphere when this happened was out of this world. Who do I trust???
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing
I used to excel at my job but since the senior management (Executive level) has changed, it has become more and more toxic top down over the last 10-15 years or so and become very unsatisfying to work there. You will only ascend to a higher level within the corporate structure if you're white. Most store level managers are either good at their jobs but under such severe stress and pressure that they lose interest, burn out or leave. All other management are either not well suited for the position or know how to manipulate the system to make themselves look good. Hiring practices over the years have become extremely one-sided leaning heavily towards filtering out anyone with self-drive, entrepreneurism or strong leadership qualities. The vast majority of new hires are mindless sheep unfortunately but fit well within the top-down "do as your told" management structure that has taken hold sine the new COO was installed. Daily stress is very high. Tasks never seem to get done and the attitude of "I just don't care" is pervasive amongst staff. It is really too bad too as LD used to be such a wonderful company to work for. Now, you find that if you've made it through your shift without crying or swearing, it was a good day.
Pros
Good staff discounts.
Cons
Poor management, high stress, very little recognition and appreciation for your efforts.
Overall it’s a great company but a lot of nepotism when it comes to advertisement and promotions. Plus now a days the work load on employees is unbearable.everyone try to pass the ball to someone else.
Pros
Job security because no one wants to work there.
Cons
Toxic work environment.
Worked there as I was going to college. Not something I would recommend people do for a long time as their pay scale is low and it's hard to move up in the company.
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
Low pay and slow pay raise
I Found the Job the Short amount of time I was There i found it very enjoy able to work there i learned a quite a Bit while I was there mostly I learned Properly how to Face Merchandise the proper way
Pros
The People were Very Nice to work with
Cons
The Breaks were Very Short
I worked here part time while in university. It was an amazing workplace. Fantastic work culture and atmosphere, great benefits and perks, easy going, easy to be excited for work.
Pros
Many perks, great work culture
Cons
Slow periods were tough
low pay with no holidays for the happy holiday season allowed.more time spent printing price change and sale tickets every day.expect you to know electronics,computer photo departments as your job.very little training.work culture is good if you are a yes person with management.
Pros
meager 10%discount most items except computers
Cons
mismanaged disillutioned managers with foreign ownership owner
Overall I don’t mind the product and what I’m selling. Generally they have a good staff team, and they are very flexible with hours. However some of the new hires were incompetent and didn’t get proper training in knowledge based areas so they lacked motive to sell there. Leaving more experienced employees with more on there plate. Management as a whole sucked. No communication with staff, between each other and with other store managers either. As well they don’t know how to properly order inventory, leaving us with more than we needed. Customers can also be a handful, because of lot of them are mean and entitled. Some tho, you meet and are customers and friends for life. Overall, a lot of the people are great and the product being sold is interesting if you have any interest in technology. As well, a lot of control over scheduling and are very flexible with hours. However, customer and management are a huge reason not to work there, especially when only getting paid minimum wage.
Pros
Interesting product, fun co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
Management is horrible, customers can be rude, low pay
the coworkers I had used to make fun of the people who printed photos at the photo lab & showed inappropriate images (nudies) to co-workers and comment on how attractive the person in the photo was. as a woman, I did not feel comfortable working there.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
lots of time on your feet
London Drugs has an excellent health benefits plan with free prescriptions. Workers were always treated respectfully and encouraged for advancement.
Pros
Free prescriptions
Cons
Awful managers (racist and rude)You have to work so much more than a minimum wage jobThey don't appreciate anythingSometimes you may not get shifts for almost a month!!!!!!Wish there was an option for ZERO STAR!
If planning to work long term suggest going straight into general merchandise supervisory position not just for pay but better long term prospects and forced to learn more.Working part-time, can be a good job if not counting on it to make a living but just build some experience and earn pocket money.
Cooperative, excellent team work, excellent training, systematic. Staff was very helpful.
great community in the store and dept. my managers were supportive in doing extra training outside of work, and reimbursing me for it! schedules sometimes changed with little notice.
Pros
discounts, friendly co-workers
Cons
long shifts
I worked for about 1.5 years, and showed up when no one did; in return I got one 4 hours shift every two weeks. My department manager believes that I should be familiar with old technology because I'm not from Canada, and when she gets angry she replies in her native language; just to name few.
Pros
Phone bill discount
Cons
Inadequate hours, bullying
I got a management position but they mislead saying about a steps to get raise... After you got 3 steps, you will never get raise unless you get a better position. You don't have any wage increase after 2 years in the company as full time, not even a cent. Run away from here. Employee discount is not great for eletronics
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
poor wage
Management is really helpful towards their employees. Provide you on job training to learn the task you need to accomplish your goals. Diverse work environment
Co-workers and management were definitely friendly, welcoming and very helpful - everyone kindly introduced themselves. Working there was low stress. Loved my time there.
Pros
Best environment and co-workers
Cons
Stocking can sometimes be tiring
London drugs is committed to having a positive work environment, and it is easy to voice any questions or concerns to management. The staff are great and the camaraderie between employees makes it a great environment to be in. They also put the environment first by having a great recycling program in place.
Cons
As a Pharmacist - long hours on Sunday's and stat holidays
All of the staff were super friendly and willing to help you learn. An overall great experience! I worked 4-5 hour shifts 2-3 times a week. Extremely busy at certain hours but very calm outside of the rush hours.
  1. Employee reviews