London Drugs Employee Reviews

Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
Work was very fast paced and always busy with things to do. The knowledgeable and supportive staff made it an enjoyable place to work. I was able to learn so much for working there.
Fun at the beginning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
It got really boring and then customers and employees would be mad at me for not knowing what to do and instead of helping me, they continued to be mad at me and wouldn't show me what to do. I would feel embarrassed in front of customers when employees would be angry with me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid breaks.
Managers only care about profit
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 June 2018
Unless you are a supervisor/manager you will be working crazy shifts anytime from 5am-10:30pm, usually you will have a different start time everyday. Say goodbye to having a life outside of work, a normal sleep cycle, and don't expect managers to care about you.
+Most stores are understaffed (a way store managers save money to comply with head office pressure to increase profits) and the workload is insane.
Run
Maple Ridge - Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 June 2018
Promises of opportunity and growth within the company. However, it is restricted, as you require management to push you through. Essentially, most corporate places are like this - This is a special case due to the fact that everyone is so miserable that they can not bother to work with each other. A dysfunctional team that leads to stress that is definitely not worth their minimum wage with the promises of an increase due to hours served.
Pros
Free Coffee, Regulated Breaks.
Cons
Employees are miserable
fun workplace, lack of hours
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2018
I've learned a lot working at London Drugs in various areas of various stores in both BC's lower mainland and Edmonton's WEM
Management is rotated regularly, so I had ample opportunity to learn and witness what works versus what doesn't.
The staff work well together and made me feel welcome to AB.
Pros
structure
Cons
lack of hours
Productive for the most part. Company culture was good.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
So long as there was work to do and customer to serve at the till you would be occupied. However as soon as the crowd dies down you'd be searching around for work to do, and for the most part there wouldn't be much to do, and you would be told to simply stand at the cashier till.

Overall a decent place to work at
Professional workplace
Store System Administrator/SPC/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2018
London Drugs is a great place to work, I am very happy in my position
Computers Department
PT Computer Specialist/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2018
This company offers lots of mentoring to increase your professionalism, they are diligent with the consistency in providing a great service and experience for customers.
Competitive sales work environment
Photo Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
Management needs to work on preventing favoritism in departments.
The job can be very fulfilling when helping customers, but bad scheduling, late shifts, uncaring management and sometimes toxic employees can be very stressful
Pros
lots of hours for reliable employee, good benefits
Cons
low pay for starting employees
not so competitive benefits
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
I realized this company has the least competitive salary and benefits . They do not provide any annual adjustments as well... Thee is certainly job security and chances for advancement if you're driven but job work/life balance is not so great..
Pros
security
Cons
not-so competitive salary and benefit
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 April 2018
London Drugs is a great place to work, I am very happy in my position. However, if you restrict your available time in any way, expect to not be scheduled for very many shifts.
Pros
Supportive, helpful staff and management
Cons
not enough hours scheduled
A great place to work
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2018
Working at London Drugs is good job experience on your resume. The management was very friendly to help when they needed to, and I enjoyed being there. I also helped them out on occasion too, even for the holiday season, and my work was praised by them. For anyone searching for a job, I recommend working at London Drugs, who are more than happy to show you around.
Pros
Helping other employees in the store when needed, helping the customer
Cons
Not enough work hours, finishing late
Student Part-time
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 March 2018
I love this job, being my first job as a student. The employees and management I work with are like family. I work at a small location so knowing you have help from everyone in the store and knowing they all support you is an amazing environment to work in. Because it is a small store each department works really close with one another. The communication is great.
There will always be the few people that annoy you while working but (to be honest) there will always be one person that isn't the best/brightest.
Pros
Flexible for Students
didn't love the experience at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC22 March 2018
although i learn great communication skills from this job and how to interact with new customers. the work environment wasn't that great. the workers didn't really work together or care about each other.
Boring horrible place to work
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC22 March 2018
Only ever got weekends and evening shifts even after working there for three years.
Cosmetic manager kept full size samples and makeup, creams, ect for herself and her daughter.
Well managed retail business
PHOTO LAB SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC15 March 2018
though one has to be in uniform while you work there, its a decent regional departmental store. Colleagues are good at work and conversations. Its a seasonal shift in business usually high revenue with lots of work in the photo lab part that I work in.
Great place to work, conditions slowly getting worse
AUDIO/VIDEO SYSTEMS TECH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 March 2018
London drugs is a company great company to work for. Very family oriented when I began but has since begun to let the market dictate working conditions.
Pros
accommodating
Cons
management
good working environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC3 March 2018
pay scale is low
otherwise the work is suitable and easy
great management
coworkers are friendly
work is easy learn
pharmacy environment is organised and a flow is maintained
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
low pay scale
Work Family
Postal Worker and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2018
Everyone at London Drugs is so friendly, they're like a second family! The management is very understanding about needing time off for a work/life balance, booking time off is very easy. There is always work luncheons or BBQs for further team bonding. The discount on so many products is great too, and they are very good about training their employees and promoting from within. I have been cross-trained in cashiering, customer service, post office, and stock, so each day offers variety and a slight change in scenery.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, easy to book time off, good training
Cons
Dorky uniforms
Good Company to work
Customer Service Represantative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2018
I like the Work Environment , Co-worker and management. Such a good company to work with it. Always satisfy with my work , position and all work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.