London District Catholic School Board

London District Catholic School Board Employee Reviews for Educational Assistant

New experience daily
Working with children in the classroom. School board believes in inclusion. Some children are taking different medications that make it a challenge to support them, but I do my best and work as a team
Pros
people are grateful for your help
Cons
not enough work
LDCSB, Educational Assistant, Multiple Schools
As an Educational Assistant, each day is varied. Duties range from helping children with managing their own behaviour, ensuring student safety, assist in test writing, communicating with everyone on the student's team and assisting students with personal care. This career is chosen for the love of helping children. There is not a lot of room for growth without additional education.

Just as each student is different, so each each school environment. Management and culture is created by each school's principal in my opinion.

The most difficult part of being an E.A is seeing so many students that need help but are not getting it. We do our best each day to assist as many students as we can but it is never enough. There is not enough funding to have the appropriate number of educational assistants, counselors and specialists to meet the needs of each school and it is heart breaking. It is difficult to feel like a difference is being made until you look closely...

The most enjoyable aspect of the job is watching students grin from ear to ear when they succeed at meeting their goals. The relationships created with our students are often close and long lasting due to the nature of our role.
It's a great place to work.
I love working for this board!!! I have been there for 13 years and have had a great experience working with different colleagues, and the students that I work with make my job fulfilling and rewarding!
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Excellent place,awesome co- workers, great school
I am very lucky to work with the best kids and the greatest women and men that I know.
I work in a prime location and only 20 minutes from my home in St.Thomas

I am on my driveway every day when my son's bus arrives

Great professional team

Excellent supply and on-call list
Pros
location and hours
Cons
driving on wellington road during the winter months