London District Catholic School Board

London District Catholic School Board Employee Reviews

Professional and caring work place
Workplace culture was enjoyable and I was included in the staff party and staff room although I was a temporary employee. I loved working there but I was hired closer to home while I further my education. I would work there again.
Lots of marking and micro-managing. Not great if you have a family, but if you're young and hungry, it's a great place to start.
Lots of marking with no paid marking time. No benefits. No pension. You make 10 dollars less an hour than senior staff - forever due to some weird Job Evaluation thing that happened before I got there. It's a great job if you can put up the demands on your private life. If you go full time at this job - you won't have one. The people are great, and it's a great place to start, but there are better options out there.
LDCSB, Educational Assistant, Multiple Schools
As an Educational Assistant, each day is varied. Duties range from helping children with managing their own behaviour, ensuring student safety, assist in test writing, communicating with everyone on the student's team and assisting students with personal care. This career is chosen for the love of helping children. There is not a lot of room for growth without additional education.

Just as each student is different, so each each school environment. Management and culture is created by each school's principal in my opinion.

The most difficult part of being an E.A is seeing so many students that need help but are not getting it. We do our best each day to assist as many students as we can but it is never enough. There is not enough funding to have the appropriate number of educational assistants, counselors and specialists to meet the needs of each school and it is heart breaking. It is difficult to feel like a difference is being made until you look closely...

The most enjoyable aspect of the job is watching students grin from ear to ear when they succeed at meeting their goals. The relationships created with our students are often close and long lasting due to the nature of our role.
New experience daily
Working with children in the classroom. School board believes in inclusion. Some children are taking different medications that make it a challenge to support them, but I do my best and work as a team
Pros
people are grateful for your help
Cons
not enough work
The staff makes working for this employer memorable
An excellent place to complete a coop placement. The working environment is positive and well balanced. Professionals are willing to assist with training.
Great
Amazing place to work. Good staff. Great benefits. Great students. Happy with the job. Co-workers are great. Coaching is great. Get involved as much as you can.
decent
decent job and workplace environment.I wish i got paid more and didnt have to go on EI in the summer.
The London District Catholc School Board has not been "Faith Based" as they claim in years. They use that analogy as a front to get their Gov't Fundin
They operate like a business, not an institution. Lots of misappropriated funding going to administration, rather than Education directly. I am sure they will amalgamate with Thames Valley Distict School Board soon.
Pros
Great money and benefits
Cons
They get rid of staff with disabilities.
Great Learning environment
The work has a great learning environment for students to reach their maximized success. The staff is very close and inclusive, while HR and administration provide successful opportunities for progression.
Conservative work environment
Catholic, conservative work environment, very nice people, work is very demanding including unpaid overtime. Provided lots of professional development.
Pros
Free lunches, nice building
Cons
Unpaid overtime, not much room for advancement
An inspiring place to work
My recent experience working with the London District Catholic School Board has been absolutely wonderful! The knowledgeable professionals that I had the pleasure of working with are kind and welcoming. The work/life balance is awesome and the environment is engaging.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
casual work to start
Meaningful, respected organization.
It is important to me that I am part of a respected community, where communication is up-to-date. The workplace atmosphere should be welcoming.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children.
Constant new working enviroment
A typical day of work involved cleaning schools at night.

I did not lean any new skills.

My management was always very nice and accommodating to my needs and appointments.

There was not much of a culture because I usually worked alone.

The hardest part of the job was not knowing if or when I'de be working that day.

The best part of the job was seeing all the happy kids that always said hello in the halls.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Did not know what hours for the day were until noon that day
Interesting and challenging work
Fulfilling service ticket requests at a dedicated group of elementary and secondary schools. Desktops, laptops, iPads, Chrombooks, and various peripheral such as printers, document cameras, scanners and data projectors.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Supervisors very supportive and accommodating with person life demands.
Cons
It's a great place to work.
I love working for this board!!! I have been there for 13 years and have had a great experience working with different colleagues, and the students that I work with make my job fulfilling and rewarding!
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Excellent place,awesome co- workers, great school
I am very lucky to work with the best kids and the greatest women and men that I know.
I work in a prime location and only 20 minutes from my home in St.Thomas

I am on my driveway every day when my son's bus arrives

Great professional team

Excellent supply and on-call list
Pros
location and hours
Cons
driving on wellington road during the winter months
Great place to work with great people!
I enjoy working for the LDCSB as there are many opportunities for me to excel. I love working with children and exploring their interests. I teach them everyday, but they also teach me a lot of life lessons! The staff all work together as a team to create age appropriate activities.
Great working environment
I am currently working as an international language teacher, and i am teaching Greek. It is a very good experience especially for student.
Pros
Greek working environment
Cons
Every saturday