London District Catholic School Board

London District Catholic School Board Employee Reviews

LDCSB is a fun, collaborative and engaging place to work. It challenges you to get creative and working as a team is crucial to success. The work environment is supportive as is the administration team. This is a place that wants it's employees to succeed at being the best you can be. The pay is reasonable and work/ life balance is too. The work day can be fast passed and challenging but you learn a lot and the best part of the job is inspiring our children with confidence, faith and great educational resources to help them to succeed.
I chose to teach music education at the Junior/Intermediate level because there was flexibility. There was a basic curriculum to follow, but I was given permission by the principal to add to the program. It gave me great pleasure to be able to modify the curriculum to accommodate gifted and special needs students. I enjoyed adding pieces from contemporary movies, top 40 and old jazz standards to keep my students motivated and interested in practising their instruments. The teachers were very supportive of my ideas and we collaborated well on all levels. Some principals were more strict than others but we managed to convince them by showing the support of the students, parents and other teachers. The school recitals displayed the wonderful end result of students who enjoyed contemporary music mixed in with their regular curriculum. The flexibility of selecting contemporary music, with the collaboration and teamwork of management, teachers, students and parents displayed a 100% increase in the motivation of all my music students, in all grade levels. I sincerely enjoyed my placement as a music teacher with the London District Catholic School Board. I am presently teaching private music lessons in North London, Ontario but I really miss the wonderful music teaching career that I had with the London Catholic School Board.
Camp BLAST was a 3-week contract program in which students grades 2-5 got to come back to school for the summer if they needed extra help. Although this was my only experience with children I feel like it taught me so much. I was the recreational leader, so I was responsible for leading the games at recess and any other activities within the program. It was so much fun and I absolutely loved going to work every day.
Lots of marking with no paid marking time. No benefits. No pension. You make 10 dollars less an hour than senior staff - forever due to some weird Job Evaluation thing that happened before I got there. It's a great job if you can put up the demands on your private life. If you go full time at this job - you won't have one. The people are great, and it's a great place to start, but there are better options out there.
As an Educational Assistant, each day is varied. Duties range from helping children with managing their own behaviour, ensuring student safety, assist in test writing, communicating with everyone on the student's team and assisting students with personal care. This career is chosen for the love of helping children. There is not a lot of room for growth without additional education. Just as each student is different, so each each school environment. Management and culture is created by each school's principal in my opinion. The most difficult part of being an E.A is seeing so many students that need help but are not getting it. We do our best each day to assist as many students as we can but it is never enough. There is not enough funding to have the appropriate number of educational assistants, counselors and specialists to meet the needs of each school and it is heart breaking. It is difficult to feel like a difference is being made until you look closely... The most enjoyable aspect of the job is watching students grin from ear to ear when they succeed at meeting their goals. The relationships created with our students are often close and long lasting due to the nature of our role.
Workplace culture was enjoyable and I was included in the staff party and staff room although I was a temporary employee. I loved working there but I was hired closer to home while I further my education. I would work there again.
Working with children in the classroom. School board believes in inclusion. Some children are taking different medications that make it a challenge to support them, but I do my best and work as a team
Pros
people are grateful for your help
Cons
not enough work
An excellent place to complete a coop placement. The working environment is positive and well balanced. Professionals are willing to assist with training.
Amazing place to work. Good staff. Great benefits. Great students. Happy with the job. Co-workers are great. Coaching is great. Get involved as much as you can.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at London District Catholic School Board?
decent job and workplace environment.I wish i got paid more and didnt have to go on EI in the summer.
They operate like a business, not an institution. Lots of misappropriated funding going to administration, rather than Education directly. I am sure they will amalgamate with Thames Valley Distict School Board soon.
Pros
Great money and benefits
Cons
They get rid of staff with disabilities.
The work has a great learning environment for students to reach their maximized success. The staff is very close and inclusive, while HR and administration provide successful opportunities for progression.
Catholic, conservative work environment, very nice people, work is very demanding including unpaid overtime. Provided lots of professional development.
Pros
Free lunches, nice building
Cons
Unpaid overtime, not much room for advancement
My recent experience working with the London District Catholic School Board has been absolutely wonderful! The knowledgeable professionals that I had the pleasure of working with are kind and welcoming. The work/life balance is awesome and the environment is engaging.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
casual work to start
It is important to me that I am part of a respected community, where communication is up-to-date. The workplace atmosphere should be welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children.
A typical day of work involved cleaning schools at night. I did not lean any new skills. My management was always very nice and accommodating to my needs and appointments. There was not much of a culture because I usually worked alone. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if or when I'de be working that day. The best part of the job was seeing all the happy kids that always said hello in the halls.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Did not know what hours for the day were until noon that day
Fulfilling service ticket requests at a dedicated group of elementary and secondary schools. Desktops, laptops, iPads, Chrombooks, and various peripheral such as printers, document cameras, scanners and data projectors.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Supervisors very supportive and accommodating with person life demands.
Cons
I love working for this board!!! I have been there for 13 years and have had a great experience working with different colleagues, and the students that I work with make my job fulfilling and rewarding!
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
I am very lucky to work with the best kids and the greatest women and men that I know. I work in a prime location and only 20 minutes from my home in St.Thomas I am on my driveway every day when my son's bus arrives Great professional team Excellent supply and on-call list
Pros
location and hours
Cons
driving on wellington road during the winter months
I enjoy working for the LDCSB as there are many opportunities for me to excel. I love working with children and exploring their interests. I teach them everyday, but they also teach me a lot of life lessons! The staff all work together as a team to create age appropriate activities.
I am currently working as an international language teacher, and i am teaching Greek. It is a very good experience especially for student.
Pros
Greek working environment
Cons
Every saturday