London Bridge Child Care

Insights into London Bridge Child Care

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun interactive environment working with school aged children

Overall, this company provides a nurturing and supportive experience for its educators. The collaborative efforts made by these educators provide students a fun and safe summer experience as well as during before/after school programs.

Toxic, discriminatory and disorganized

Workers are overworked and underappreciated. Senior coworkers won't hesitate to treat their newer colleagues like servants and would disregard their coworkers' needs/ circumstances if it meant that they are to give up part of their privileges! Gossiping is another horrible trait among colleagues especially gossip that targets parents and their kids. You will be deceived at first by the big titles and nice words but the more time you spend at this place, the clearer the picture becomes... No more than just words. Work culture is unfriendly and chaotic. This organization does not live up to its standards.

Pros

Working with children

Cons

Everything else

Personal Growth is the game

It's all about how you choose to grow professionally. They will support you through the process. They continue to grow as an organization, pushing new ways of being and knowing as educators.

Pros

On site mentoring program, on site pedagogist

Cons

Pay is decent enough but could be better

Great place for kids to have a great time to learn

This is a great place the teacher take there time with the students and they go out of there way to make there students feel comfortable and feel like family.

Pros

Good place to learn the trade

Toxic workplace

Coworkers are interested in hurting each other and do not work collaboratively. Very few educators care about the children and most decisions are not made with children in mind. Educators are angry and may even seem as though they can not control their emotions in front of the children. Management is not involved and allows fighting and discord.

Pros

The children and families are awesome!

Cons

Staff and management

My least favourite place to work

Management was off or unavailable too frequently. Management was not supportive and frequently made rude comments to staff. Staff were constantly shuffled around in different rooms and locations. Children were moved around to allow 'master educators' to be out of their rooms for frequent meetings and outings (such as going out to eat together, going shopping together, driving to another location to pick up something). Regular staff were under appreciated and over worked. Serious occurrences were left unreported. Several times I was stuck operating over my ratios due to staff shortages or late staff. Staff meetings were seen as mandatory and after hours that lasted late into the night but dealt with none of the actual staff issues. Staff turnover was high. Staff were put on extended probation after the initial 3 months to not offer them permanent positions or benifits. When staff approached the CEO to see if things could be changed the staff were later called in by management and were yelled at. I would not work here again.

Pros

The children

Cons

It all came down to very poor management

Great learning opportunities for new ECE's

London Bridge provides their employees with great learning opportunities and invest in their professional development. They provide quality care for children and families but leadership isn't trained well and are missing the compassionate and empathetic aspect of their role. Many educators don't feel valued and are made aware that they are easily replaceable. there is a high disregard for those interested in moving up in the company and taking initiative to do so. There is clear favoritism and when positions are available, leadership already has an individual in mind before the position is filled not giving a clear chance to other candidates. Training and learning opportunities are offered during staff lunches (45min- 15 min paid 30 min unpaid) this is "optional and voluntary" but it is frowned upon if you do not attend.

Pros

a lot of opportunities to gain knowledge and expereince

Cons

you can put in the years and not get anywhere

Child Focused

Children choose what they want to learn and you support them. There is on the job training, get to work with lots of different children with lots of different ideas,

Discriminatory

Seemed amazing at first, but asked innapropriate questions during the interview about medical history. I let it slide, and had a couple good shifts, but then a medical incident occurred, and after telling me to go home, which they didn’t even offer me a cab, I had to walk, they told me I couldn’t come back without clearance. I got the clearance but decided not to go back.

Pros

Decent money

Cons

Management, inappropriate, discriminatory, can’t handle medical issues

the place was okey

the place was amazing I had great and amazing experience in different locations and sectors, they offered reasonable breaks and provided a great environment for staff and supply.

Pros

amazing staff

Cons

when asked to be reference they refused to help

Do it for the kids

The children you get to work with are amazing, they make it all worth it. You have to be determined quick and ready to think outside the box. Seeing the kids change with the right approach fills the heart.

Pros

The children

A day at London Bridge

Being a summer intern at London Bridge has been an amazing experience. I get to work with all age groups and i have gained so much knowledge that will help me in the future. The staff are amazing and i really enjoy going to work everyday.

Pros

Good staff and good hours

7 out of 10

Generally good company but depends on site and director, each has their own way of doing things, and you have to find one that is compatible with how you work and your values toward children and families

Pros

Lunch (child sized) served each day

Cons

Long hours, decent pay only if you include government grants

Great values, disorganized

I started here with a paid internship through Fanshawe College. I was immediately given full time hours after the internship for a year and then was brought down to on-call. Loved the environment and the people. Unfortunately it tended to be unorganized and good people were left without recognition.

Pros

Meet great people

Cons

Highly unorganized

Productive and fun

A typical day at work was supervising children from enfancy to age 5 yrs.. Preparing meals for children, Planning daily crafts and activities for children, supervising children during indoor/outdoor play. etc.I left the job because I was not getting enough hours

Pros

seeing the smiles on all their little faces

Cons

not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Bridge Child Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement