Logixx Security

Logixx Security Pay & benefits reviews

Canada35 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

good hours, bad pay and even worse management for everything we have to do

Good schedule even though it changes often, but we have to find our own replacements if we want days off. Cant ever get a hold of dispatch, let alone scheduling or HR. Don't get paid enough to deal with the stuff that comes from management, as well as lots of extra things we have to do that arent in the job description

Pros

sometimes you get a relaxed day ticketing/arrests/tresspass decent coworkers

Cons

management is terrible low pay every day there seems to be more rules put into place

Good Experience to Start Not worth staying long-term

I worked for a good amount of time with Logixx Security in Hamilton. If you are starting young and new to security and want to advance into law enforcement some of the Hamilton Sites are great for experience. But it the long term do not stay with the company they offer benefits which is good but the pay is not worth the amount of work you deal with and the numerous amount of issues that occur. From being assaulted to dealing with medicals, overdoses conducting arrests. It shouldn't be near minimum wage that it is at. The other issue with Logixx is management. Specifically one Hamilton site which has a higher up being who does not take control off issues on there site. From staff being clicky with eachother, people in open relationships that disappear for hours while on shift, supervisors who do the bare minimum and don't train, and causes drama and prys staff to gossip it leads to a very disheartening environment that causes a lot of headache for the staff members and more imposes a safety risk for staff both on the physical and mental health aspect. Overall if you work here I suggest you stay out of issues and politics and get your experience and leave.

Insights into Logixx Security

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Goderich loc

Salary$15.15 - $17.05 Not trueJob typeFull-timePart-timeBenefits very misleading for most of these very limited benefits you have to work there a year with other requirements as wellDental careExtended health carePaid time off very misleading -the company holds on to your vacation pay they are required to pay you by lawThere is nothing there not required to pay youVision careFull job description The full job description is full of misleading and outright distortions of your requirements and job dutiesDuties:Skills required: Your duties and skills required -might as well have copied and pasted a manifesto of word salad The job duties are mostly undefined which is why so much confusion and employee turnover rate If you like being reprimanded for everything you have no actual control over this is your place Skills required fall into one category -anythingThe ideal candidate:Security experience preferred What they want for what they are willing to pay you and deceive you about There actual offer for what they would like is insultingWhat logixx security inc. Offers:Competitive pay structure not trueQuality training programs absolutely under any definition not trueSupport and mentoring programs absolutely under any definition not trueCareer development opportunities absolutely under any definition not trueRecognition program absolutely under any definition not true -

Good

Love this company good people. It’s so nice here lovely people. Have meetings with your boss they listen to you. Could be a bit higher paying and some benefits would be nice but overall 10/10

Efficient and great start to work as a new Security Guard

This company is a good place to start your career as a security guard. Decent pay, opportunity for more hours. Availability will get you in good graces with the company.

Cons

Contacting Dispatch for Shifts is difficult.

Great Place to Work

The typical work day in Goderich is that a team of security guards position and temperature screen-ers. Most of the shifts are 12 hours and there are some 4, 5 and 8 hours to help the during the shift change for the mine.We are an unionized place with free medical and dental benefits after three months. The company provide the cost of renewing your licences such as first aid and security. The teams are broken down in four groups covering the 7/24 365 days a year operation. The pace is a very relaxed for approx 10 hours of the 12 hour shift. You currently conduct foot, mobiles and guardhouse rotation.The work place culture is good with the use of Human Performance tools.The most rewarding is to work with a great team that works for me.

Pros

Know your schedule, great team, Paid breaks

Cons

Literal horrible place to work at

Be prepared to have absolutely no free time or personal life and be overworked for the bare minimum salary wise. The staff that have worked there for a while are completely disrespectful and the workplace is very uncomfortable.

Pros

Literally nothing

Cons

Long hours no breaks

Great management with lucrative salary (takes care of the employees)

1. Gave me the opportunity to start my career in the industry in Ottawa.2. Great communication and support for the employees and the clients as well.3. Very loyal to the employees as the company is very understanding to take care of my needs.4. Helped me in my personal as well as professional growth.5. Great Management6. The Operation Manager for the Ottawa region always goes above and beyond for the employees and the customers.7. Great place for growth due to new opportunities.

Pros

professional management, very disciplined, lucrative salary, great place for growth, transparency for employee support

Varying pace of work depending on site, no benefits for frontline guards, professional dress and deportment

I have been working for Logixx for over a year, the first 2 weeks were spent as a floater, the rest as a full time employee. Advancement from guard to supervisor is based off of your own performance and position availability. Hourly pay rates are site specific and raises are site specific and obtainable through professional growth and performance.Virtual training courses are well thought out and national training manager is always willing to make extra courses available for guards that request it.In ottawa there is not much room for advancement past supervisor due to size and scope of operations and contracts in the region.

Pros

Room for advancement up to supervisor, easily accessible training, quick transition from floater to full time, possibility for wage increases

Cons

No benefits, not much room for advancement into management roles

A bit strict and professional enviornment but that teaches alot.

I learned alot about the professionalism. Benifits are good. I am gaining a good experience over here. The eniviornment at workplace is strict. Rest everything is perfect.

Pros

Experience.

Cons

Strictness

Security Guard constantly under the gun

Every guard here is looking to get out the shifts are long 12hrs and management on your case with to responsibly for gas emergencies and testing of the systems constantly for no money and no raises in site.

Pros

Cons

Poor managers

Bad co to work for period

Combative, blame game for poor micro mgmt procedures.Unless you're looking for just a few bucks till the next thing comes along. This would not be the company to either have long term commitment to or expect anything other than a new medical bill. Best option do anything elseThis is a last choice long term dead end Short term less than a year is okBut get out as fast as possible

Pros

Its a paycheck

Cons

Everything! starting with owners and mgrs

No backup in case of emergency

Sometimes supervisors have no backup specially during night shift as they are sleeping and away from site according to them. Confirmed that they are watching web series or sleeping through sources. So I don’t recommend doing night shifts with them with this kind of environment.

Benefits

Cons

No job security, no backup in case of emergency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logixx Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement