Logistics in Motion

Logistics in Motion Work-life balance reviews

Canada121 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Toxic environment with good co-workers

The place is now Loblaws but hasn't changed at all. Work you to death, don't expect weekends off,mandatory O.T every chance they get including stat holidays which is great for the money,terrible for home life especially if you have bad weekends like Monday/Tuesday as you'll be forced to either work the stat and only have one day off or you'll have the stat and be forced to work the next day of your weekend. They actually forced a man that was dying of cancer to walk through the facility just to get papers so he could change his benefits and insurance 3 days before he died. Do not expect to be treated like a human in this facility.

Pros

Pay, benefits and co-workers

Cons

Everything else

High turnover, but good wages. Management is rather awful and the culture is consistently toxic but not unusual for the industry.

A typical day of work is high stress, physically and mentally. Management and regular staff are typically ornery. But there is good opportunity to make solid wages, especially if you are a hard worker.

Pros

Competitive Pay

Cons

Work environment, staff management.

Insights into Logistics in Motion

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Standard warehousing, better than many

Pretty standard warehousing work. They push, like everyone does, but it seems tolerable. I'd say it was in the top third of warehouse jobs. Some truly outstanding people, but mostly ordinary corporate culture.

The culture is unhealthy. No one likes to see the other flourish and progress; always bad energy. I rather be someone where I am respected for my work and ly effort on the job site.

Pros

Get paid every week

Cons

Bad culture

Hard work till your body can't handle it anymore

It almost seems like the company like the high turnover rate. You will be working your butt off to the point that you can't enjoy the rest of your day

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

Slavery

I don't recommend this job to anyone who has intelligence or talent. If you don't mind being a slave or enjoy warehouse tasks then go ahead and have fun.

Pros

easy to quit

Cons

everything

Hard on the body good on the pay cheque.

This is a very physically challenging job that requires lots of lifting and time management. A lot of reviews are jaded here. If you work hard and have okay attendance they do try to work with you to hit the 05 percent. Very fast paced but for every mean person there is a good person who is willing to help you.

Pros

decent pay, training, some cool coworkers

Cons

life work balance, hard to meet expectations.

Standards too demanding

I've worked at logistics and the work itself was doable and enjoyable it's the time constrains that are the real issue. It makes the work place unsafe and a injury waiting to happen. The training was excellent and they promote safety but they know that people are going to get hurt if they want to keep the job. I gave it my all and as soon as I found out someone lost their leg, my standard dropped because I don't get paid enough to put myself in that kind of danger. If they lowered the standards and took away incentive pay that make it harder to hit standards they would actually keep people and not have so many personal and product accidents.

Pros

Paid lunch, decent wage

Cons

Most dangerous job I've ever worked

Alright place to work

Have watched this company grow from the beginning and find that employees are not appreciated or accommodated for the skills they have.Easily written up for doing things wrong but no positive reenforcement for jobs well done

Good place to work. Hard, but honest work.

Good place to work. Hard, but honest work. Fast paced environment. Room to grow if you put the effort in. Management care about the employees and there is a great reward system in place.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Logistics in Motion?

Good Pay

There is a lot of opportunity to make some good cash here, they start you off at a good wage and you dont need any experience or education. Everyone gets benefits and its guranteed hours and you can get overtime too

Pros

money

Cons

you gotta work hard

Good Pay

Pros

money

Cons

you gotta work hard

VERY bad place to work.

Happy that you have a job then in just a few weeks your disappointed. They cut like 80% of the cash you could be getting off the incentive program and made it hard for anyone to get extra cash on top of there paycheck by working hard, instead we have to spend more time away from our families doing overtime which we don't get much of only on the odd weeks. It's a life changer for the worst, I wouldn't recommend this job to my enemy...** ATTENTION!!! ** Get-in, use them before they use you, do as much overtime as possible to earn as much cash as you can then hit the road but first make sure to have another job waiting. SO...morale of this story is, DO NOT take this.......umm...job for a career, their is no job security here. "Rookies" get your money up then move on. And the rest who have been there for awhile use that experience and find something better.

Pros

MANY Many...many flat screens to look at whilst in the cafeteria.

Cons

Lead Supervisors, Management and the CEO

Productive workplace.

It's a solid job to have. Not one that you would consider a "Dream Job" but it is one that you can go to work, get the job done, and feel accomplished at the end of the day.

Less than satisfactory.

Make sure you're there if only you cannot find anything elsewhere. It has to be your end all, be all. When all hope is lost and there is nothing more you want with life.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Depressing.

Unorganize

The people that worked at logistics were great. i got a long with the managers good too but they all just had too much on theyre plates. therefor it was unorganized.

Pros

great benefits

Quick Job

I have been here for awhile and it is not for everyone. everyone is constantly in competition and many of the high seniority workers do not interact with other employees. They hire constantly but fire all the time. Not a good idea to stay here long, not really worth it.

Pros

Cheap vending machine snacks, pay

Cons

long hours, unsafe, competitive

Hard working enviroment

At the beginning of every shift I had to Sign out a talk-man, headset and a triple pallet jack. than you log in and start a stores order. the talk man tells you the isle and number by commands and gives you a percentage for how long you take compared to everyday quota.

Pros

Good work out

Cons

short hours

Horrible place to work

Horrible place to work. I felt the happiness leave my body and not until i was away from that job for about 2 months did I feel it return. Mentally degrading and the management does a good job of making sure you feel that way.

overall an ok place to work

A typical day begins with signing in and logging on to an equipment as per job title, reporting to pre-shift, find out how the day will unfold e.g. workload and what is required etc.. I work with some pretty cool guys i must say, management is alright too. Hardest part of my day would probably be trying to maintain a standard of a 100%. Most enjoyable part of my day is going home safe at the end of each shift.

Good place to work if your in the right department

could be better but not as bad as people make it out to be.... 24-7 environment 12 hour shifts it is what it is s s s s s

Pros

Lunch paid for

Cons

demanding long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics in Motion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement