Logistics in Motion

Logistics in Motion Management reviews

Canada121 reviews

Clear

very stressful and dangerous environment

selector working to meet standards and driving like maniacs on triple pallet trucks to ensure standards or get fired. i was never in those positions, but felt sorry for those employees

High turnover, but good wages. Management is rather awful and the culture is consistently toxic but not unusual for the industry.

A typical day of work is high stress, physically and mentally. Management and regular staff are typically ornery. But there is good opportunity to make solid wages, especially if you are a hard worker.

Pros

Competitive Pay

Cons

Work environment, staff management.

Insights into Logistics in Motion

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Not the easiest job, people might complain, but they’re the same ones that don’t wanna work. You need to be physically strong. Just go there, do your 8, and then come back home. Don’t act tough or try to talk down to others, you’ll be out before your feet hit the ground. Be humble, be nice, be strong, and you’ll do good.

Pros

Good pay, good workout, good benefits, union.

Cons

Could get injured

Glad they are gone

High stress and drama. Management were a huge part of the negative atmosphere in the warehouse. Clear favouritism with certain workers, supervisors would turn a blind eye. Hostile work environment.

Pros

They were forced out

Cons

Little accountability

LIM has been replaced with Loblaw

Loblaw walked in and began clearing house, Long time 11+ year employees were walked out long time Supervisors were walked out. Local 222 is the biggest Pile of garbage going in Durham region if you ever decided to unionize use 1090 who are in Whitby. Local 222has no problem taking your dues but when there is a job on the line they are very quick to tuck tail and run!! Doesn't matter my college education something 99% of the people in the building do not have got me into my career path where i should be.

Standard warehousing, better than many

Pretty standard warehousing work. They push, like everyone does, but it seems tolerable. I'd say it was in the top third of warehouse jobs. Some truly outstanding people, but mostly ordinary corporate culture.

Logistics has more than one warehouse

I worked in two warehouses by LIM.. one was a cigarette warehouse with a very small staff and a horrible work culture i ended up quitting since coworkers and management seemed to be against productivity... At their Parmalat building i ran a reach truck and that warehouse is a much better place to work, overall great. very fast paced and you must learn to use RF scanner

The Worst Ever

If you want a few good pays fine, anything beyond that is unnecessary self destructive nonsense. Don't bother wasting your time or efforts here you're worth more than they'll ever figure you're worth. The place is run on fear and segregation, purely toxic.

Place is so bad to work for

Amount you have to do is not possible that they have standard set at high turnover rate. management suck. worried that your going to be fired all the time

Typical day at work.

A typical day is spent driving a triple pallet jack around a warehouse to given food products which must be lifted and assembled into full sized pallets at a rate of 3 pallets stacked 6 foot high every 45 minutes. The job taught me how to work at a quick pace, manage time, and how to persist in a challenging workplace environment. Management was very strict and often looked for any way to get an employee fired especially if they had not yet passed probation. Workplace culture was solitary due to the high turn over rate and exhausting work required. The hardest part of the job was meeting the time constraints required to not be fired as you have to select a massive amount of product and safely assemble it into pallets with very little leeway. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it functioned as an 8 hour workout.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Logistics in Motion?

Toxic environment with good co-workers

The place is now Loblaws but hasn't changed at all. Work you to death, don't expect weekends off,mandatory O.T every chance they get including stat holidays which is great for the money,terrible for home life especially if you have bad weekends like Monday/Tuesday as you'll be forced to either work the stat and only have one day off or you'll have the stat and be forced to work the next day of your weekend. They actually forced a man that was dying of cancer to walk through the facility just to get papers so he could change his benefits and insurance 3 days before he died. Do not expect to be treated like a human in this facility.

Pros

Pay, benefits and co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Supervisor calgary

Worst place ever worked as a supervisor terrible culture no respect for there management and bullied.HR is a bully and if you speak up they get rid of you and very high turnover as you can see the reviews.Not an honest company backstab your way up

Pros

Nothing maybe free coffee

Horrid.

One of the absolute worst work spaces I have been a part of in my life. Poor managment and a broken coms system. There is a reason they have an outrageously high turnover rate.

Pros

Cafe

Cons

Poor management

Selector

If you want to test your limit this is the place lol. Hard labour with BAD management. Management doesn't care if your hurt or not, they just care about numbers. I don't recommend working here

Worst company I have ever experienced

After watching 7 general managers and dozens of middle managers go through here, the culture remains the same. Toxic work environment. The union tries to help but contract negotiations have proven that management is primarily interested in finding loopholes to get around the collective bargaining agreement.

Tim Hortons inside the warehouse (Please read)

Manager was absolutely rude and favoritism to some employees. Nothing is worse then washing dishes and hearing multiple employees receive praise while others are being criticized. 3 years experience, i had the most out of any employee working there, but i just started working at Logistics' Tim Horton's. After the second day i had thoughts of quitting. i kept giving my manager the benefit of the doubt because she is a manager after all. She got nastier and nastier and made it bad to want to work there longer. on top of it all, she forgot my uniform pants and i had to wear some of my own from home for the first week out of the two that i worked. ive seen some people come in adidas tights leggings and other non acceptable uniforms. Often forgetting orders, and having the employees scramble to find things. it made it harder because its a small Tim's inside the warehouse. Yelling at one employee when no one was around after she asked her a question about an item on the menu on the cash till so she wouldn't make a mistake when it gets busy. instead of simply turning around she yells "What". Grown woman, eyes watering innocently as she wanted to make sure she was doing the right thing on the till. often replying with what, i said out loud "we need ice" in hopes she'll lead me. instead im given a "go get it" i was emailed later that day by one of the job recruiters of the company who also shared the same last name as the store owner(not sure of the relation) she tells me my manager complained that i was acting unusual, and i checked the freezer for ice. apparently i was acting -

Pros

considering it was the tim hortons part of the warehouse, not much but free hot drinks.

management useless

They don't take time to explain the jobs, Management is useless they don't care about you and if they don't need you, you'll get fired within a couple weeks. The supervisors only care about numbers and not you. Not recommended to work there at all.

Hard work till your body can't handle it anymore

It almost seems like the company like the high turnover rate. You will be working your butt off to the point that you can't enjoy the rest of your day

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

Slavery

I don't recommend this job to anyone who has intelligence or talent. If you don't mind being a slave or enjoy warehouse tasks then go ahead and have fun.

Pros

easy to quit

Cons

everything

Hard on the body good on the pay cheque.

This is a very physically challenging job that requires lots of lifting and time management. A lot of reviews are jaded here. If you work hard and have okay attendance they do try to work with you to hit the 05 percent. Very fast paced but for every mean person there is a good person who is willing to help you.

Pros

decent pay, training, some cool coworkers

Cons

life work balance, hard to meet expectations.

Great place

I was lucky enough to have high seniority which made my job great. I loved what I did and the money was great. Management was pretty decent and the union worked well with their employees. All in all it's a great place to work if you are willing to work.

Pros

Free lunches each month

Cons

hard work and meeting standards was difficult...... but doable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics in Motion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement