Logistics in Motion

Logistics in Motion Job security & advancement reviews

Canada121 reviews

Clear
2.4Job security & advancement

very stressful and dangerous environment

selector working to meet standards and driving like maniacs on triple pallet trucks to ensure standards or get fired. i was never in those positions, but felt sorry for those employees

LIM has been replaced with Loblaw

Loblaw walked in and began clearing house, Long time 11+ year employees were walked out long time Supervisors were walked out. Local 222 is the biggest Pile of garbage going in Durham region if you ever decided to unionize use 1090 who are in Whitby. Local 222has no problem taking your dues but when there is a job on the line they are very quick to tuck tail and run!! Doesn't matter my college education something 99% of the people in the building do not have got me into my career path where i should be.

Insights into Logistics in Motion

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Use you up, spit you out.

This company has a history of hiring for a job and if you're about to complete the required hours to have a safe position they will lay you off with no reason. Union protects its money and not its employees.

Place is so bad to work for

Amount you have to do is not possible that they have standard set at high turnover rate. management suck. worried that your going to be fired all the time

Typical day at work.

A typical day is spent driving a triple pallet jack around a warehouse to given food products which must be lifted and assembled into full sized pallets at a rate of 3 pallets stacked 6 foot high every 45 minutes. The job taught me how to work at a quick pace, manage time, and how to persist in a challenging workplace environment. Management was very strict and often looked for any way to get an employee fired especially if they had not yet passed probation. Workplace culture was solitary due to the high turn over rate and exhausting work required. The hardest part of the job was meeting the time constraints required to not be fired as you have to select a massive amount of product and safely assemble it into pallets with very little leeway. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it functioned as an 8 hour workout.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Tim Hortons inside the warehouse (Please read)

Manager was absolutely rude and favoritism to some employees. Nothing is worse then washing dishes and hearing multiple employees receive praise while others are being criticized. 3 years experience, i had the most out of any employee working there, but i just started working at Logistics' Tim Horton's. After the second day i had thoughts of quitting. i kept giving my manager the benefit of the doubt because she is a manager after all. She got nastier and nastier and made it bad to want to work there longer. on top of it all, she forgot my uniform pants and i had to wear some of my own from home for the first week out of the two that i worked. ive seen some people come in adidas tights leggings and other non acceptable uniforms. Often forgetting orders, and having the employees scramble to find things. it made it harder because its a small Tim's inside the warehouse. Yelling at one employee when no one was around after she asked her a question about an item on the menu on the cash till so she wouldn't make a mistake when it gets busy. instead of simply turning around she yells "What". Grown woman, eyes watering innocently as she wanted to make sure she was doing the right thing on the till. often replying with what, i said out loud "we need ice" in hopes she'll lead me. instead im given a "go get it" i was emailed later that day by one of the job recruiters of the company who also shared the same last name as the store owner(not sure of the relation) she tells me my manager complained that i was acting unusual, and i checked the freezer for ice. apparently i was acting -

Pros

considering it was the tim hortons part of the warehouse, not much but free hot drinks.

management useless

They don't take time to explain the jobs, Management is useless they don't care about you and if they don't need you, you'll get fired within a couple weeks. The supervisors only care about numbers and not you. Not recommended to work there at all.

Extremely busy and physically demanding work with very challenging time constraints.

Pros

Consistent lunch hours, and schedule

Cons

Very challenging and hard on the body

Fast passed sweat shop

Management is useless. If you get hurt, you get fired. 1% of the people that get the job have it after 3 months. Their way of not advancing people.. If you are looking for a job where you come in feeling like garbage and leave feeling worse everyday, this is the job for you!! They trash millions of dollars of food a month. Refuse to donate good food that can't be sold.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Management!!

Depends on the position

Logistics in motion is an ok place to work if you are in between jobs or in school. Do not take this place a career if you care about your back and job satisfaction.

Pros

Works with school schedule

Cons

Evil management and supervisors

good place to work

it's a good place to work if your single and don't really care about life outside, good chunk of money to make in a short amount of time. union based environment.

Pros

Tim hortons on site, union based enviroment

Cons

lots of politics involved, slow advancement up the ladder, safety concerns

Toxic Employees and Supervisors, Back Breaking Work

The pay is alright, but not for the amount of work and the incentive is a lie. They promote unsafe work and you'll probably get fired within a couple weeks because of the unrealistic standards. Everyone is in a terrible mood and brings you down. The supervisors only care about numbers and not you. Not recommended!!! Also benefits don't kick in until after months and the RRSP program isn't accessible until after a year which they don't tell you. You're also not on the union until 4 months in or more.

Pros

You can slave it since there's always overtime

Cons

There's always overtime because they constantly fire people, no one wants to work since the job is backbreaking

its a good place to start as a newcomer

it was a great experience being that it is my first job in Canada however the temperatures that i had to work in affected my body and i didnt think the environment was healthy for me.

Alright place to work

Have watched this company grow from the beginning and find that employees are not appreciated or accommodated for the skills they have.Easily written up for doing things wrong but no positive reenforcement for jobs well done

If you like being rated by your "numbers", you'll be fine

They hire more people than they can manage, with the intention of firing all but the best handful. I was among 3 from a group of 40+ hired who didn't get "let go" after a 2 month period. The managers are hit or miss.

Joke

May as well not even be in a union. There is no job security. The union reps don't bother to fight for you which I'm sure that's not how a union works. You are treated like a slave and just another number no chance to advance in this company mindless work.

VERY bad place to work.

Happy that you have a job then in just a few weeks your disappointed. They cut like 80% of the cash you could be getting off the incentive program and made it hard for anyone to get extra cash on top of there paycheck by working hard, instead we have to spend more time away from our families doing overtime which we don't get much of only on the odd weeks. It's a life changer for the worst, I wouldn't recommend this job to my enemy...** ATTENTION!!! ** Get-in, use them before they use you, do as much overtime as possible to earn as much cash as you can then hit the road but first make sure to have another job waiting. SO...morale of this story is, DO NOT take this.......umm...job for a career, their is no job security here. "Rookies" get your money up then move on. And the rest who have been there for awhile use that experience and find something better.

Pros

MANY Many...many flat screens to look at whilst in the cafeteria.

Cons

Lead Supervisors, Management and the CEO

garbage place to work

worked there and got into a workplace accident within 2 weeks of my training due to RTO placing pallets recklessly, made me due modified duties for a week straight where i would sit in the medical room for 8 hours straight with no work, and then got fired after i asked for my WSIB number to claim insurance for my aircast.

Get Hurt, or Get Fired

I never had a work injury until i worked at Logistics In Motion. You can expect to get hurt or fired...likely both the Union is an absolute joke, as the main office is located right inside of the warehouse. The management and union reps have a buddy/ buddy relationship so don't expect them to have your back. If you take a job here make sure you are desperate, and make sure its only for about a month Good Luck

Pros

cheap vending machines

Cons

Dangerous Environment

Not as bad s people say, but not perfect, either

You get fired insanely easily, but the pay is good. It's just moronic hiring tons of new people all the time. It slows down everyone who's not new, and the people usually get fired anyways, so they never learn. Really don't see the point. They probably lose more money than they gain by not paying more benefits.

Pros

Pay, free lunches

good for a quick job

They give alot of people the boot when slow season starts. Not alot of people there are very feiendly and its an extremely dangerous job.

Pros

wonderful pay and benefits

Cons

you can get fired for no reason and they will do it to almost everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics in Motion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement