Logistics in Motion

Order Picker58 reviews
Canada58 reviews

palletunionstandardwarehousefiredratesupervisormoney

Far but worth it.

This job had me waking up very early because it was in Ajax and also it was an early morning shift. The Pay was amazing and it was weekly pay which was great but it took its toll on the body due to heavy lifting, driving and stacking sometimes in cold weather.

Good job 👏

Nice place to work once you get use to the job task it get easy, can be difficult for new comers, at time but there is always experience worker willing to help you around

Insights into Logistics in Motion

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Proper and Safe Workplace

Logistics in motion was primarily manual labour which was great for a young person like myself

Horrid.

One of the absolute worst work spaces I have been a part of in my life. Poor managment and a broken coms system. There is a reason they have an outrageously high turnover rate.

Pros

Cafe

Cons

Poor management

Good Job

The Job is a great place to focus on you're multitasking skill and is a good paying job to start saving and also helps with focusing and you must be focus into work to get into it.

The culture is unhealthy. No one likes to see the other flourish and progress; always bad energy. I rather be someone where I am respected for my work and ly effort on the job site.

Pros

Get paid every week

Cons

Bad culture

Horrible

They treat you like you dont matter they dont care how ill you are they still push you to do things that are not good for you, only to meet their numbers. Worst place ever to work but good salary and weekly pay.

Terrible

Many of trainers had difficulty training employees to perform at rapid pace which was difficult for new workers to maintain speed. Maintaining the expectations was hard

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Less time for breaks

Slavery

I don't recommend this job to anyone who has intelligence or talent. If you don't mind being a slave or enjoy warehouse tasks then go ahead and have fun.

Pros

easy to quit

Cons

everything

Hard on the body good on the pay cheque.

This is a very physically challenging job that requires lots of lifting and time management. A lot of reviews are jaded here. If you work hard and have okay attendance they do try to work with you to hit the 05 percent. Very fast paced but for every mean person there is a good person who is willing to help you.

Pros

decent pay, training, some cool coworkers

Cons

life work balance, hard to meet expectations.

Extremely busy and physically demanding work with very challenging time constraints.

A typical day is spent driving a triple pallet jack around a warehouse to given food products which must be lifted and assembled into full sized pallets at a rate of 3 pallets stacked 6 foot high every 45 minutes. The job taught me how to work at a quick pace, manage time, and how to persist in a challenging workplace environment. Management was very strict and often looked for any way to get an employee fired especially if they had not yet passed probation. Workplace culture was solitary due to the high turn over rate and exhausting work required. The hardest part of the job was meeting the time constraints required to not be fired as you have to select a massive amount of product and safely assemble it into pallets with very little leeway. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it functioned as an 8 hour workout.

Pros

Consistent lunch hours, and schedule

Cons

Very challenging and hard on the body

Depends on the position

Logistics in motion is an ok place to work if you are in between jobs or in school. Do not take this place a career if you care about your back and job satisfaction.

Pros

Works with school schedule

Cons

Evil management and supervisors

Toxic Employees and Supervisors, Back Breaking Work

The pay is alright, but not for the amount of work and the incentive is a lie. They promote unsafe work and you'll probably get fired within a couple weeks because of the unrealistic standards. Everyone is in a terrible mood and brings you down. The supervisors only care about numbers and not you. Not recommended!!! Also benefits don't kick in until after months and the RRSP program isn't accessible until after a year which they don't tell you. You're also not on the union until 4 months in or more.

Pros

You can slave it since there's always overtime

Cons

There's always overtime because they constantly fire people, no one wants to work since the job is backbreaking

Horrible place

Was there nearly 2 years. Over worked incentives that don't actually benefit you. Afternoon shift averaged about 10-15 hours a week. Retention bonus was cancelled after hiring they breached their contract and still fighting for the 3k they owe me in court. The union is very weak and useless. People have had heart attacks due to the physical demand. Dont work here.

Pros

You get to leave

Standards too demanding

I've worked at logistics and the work itself was doable and enjoyable it's the time constrains that are the real issue. It makes the work place unsafe and a injury waiting to happen. The training was excellent and they promote safety but they know that people are going to get hurt if they want to keep the job. I gave it my all and as soon as I found out someone lost their leg, my standard dropped because I don't get paid enough to put myself in that kind of danger. If they lowered the standards and took away incentive pay that make it harder to hit standards they would actually keep people and not have so many personal and product accidents.

Pros

Paid lunch, decent wage

Cons

Most dangerous job I've ever worked

Garbage Work Place

Dont ever work here. Would not recommend. Very fast pace, physically demanding job. Managers hardly do their job of directing employees and expect no errors. They do not look out for their employees.

Enjoyable work environment

Fine stable company with good people and good pay! FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS .Access to company benefits. It is a very fast paced environment but also a very safe environment! Management is very easy going and well versed in the human resources field!

Cons

Cold environment

Alright place to work

Have watched this company grow from the beginning and find that employees are not appreciated or accommodated for the skills they have.Easily written up for doing things wrong but no positive reenforcement for jobs well done

Logistics In Motion

Working at Logistics In Motion had its good days and bad days the pay was good but moral throughout the warehouse wasn't. Everyone is different and has different learning styles, the time given to understand the job and to figure out what works for you and find a pace you can move comfortably at.

If you like being rated by your "numbers", you'll be fine

They hire more people than they can manage, with the intention of firing all but the best handful. I was among 3 from a group of 40+ hired who didn't get "let go" after a 2 month period. The managers are hit or miss.

Good Paying, Not bad

The job is hard you have to move fast and fast if you don't you won't reach the 95% they required you to reach after 10 weeks is a good paying job tho . . .

Pros

pays well

Cons

hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics in Motion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement