Logistics in Motion

Logistics in Motion Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Forklift Operator23 reviews
Canada23 reviews

palletunionstandardwarehousefiredratesupervisormoney

Toxic environment with good co-workers

The place is now Loblaws but hasn't changed at all. Work you to death, don't expect weekends off,mandatory O.T every chance they get including stat holidays which is great for the money,terrible for home life especially if you have bad weekends like Monday/Tuesday as you'll be forced to either work the stat and only have one day off or you'll have the stat and be forced to work the next day of your weekend. They actually forced a man that was dying of cancer to walk through the facility just to get papers so he could change his benefits and insurance 3 days before he died. Do not expect to be treated like a human in this facility.

Pros

Pay, benefits and co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Not the easiest job, people might complain, but they’re the same ones that don’t wanna work. You need to be physically strong. Just go there, do your 8, and then come back home. Don’t act tough or try to talk down to others, you’ll be out before your feet hit the ground. Be humble, be nice, be strong, and you’ll do good.

Pros

Good pay, good workout, good benefits, union.

Cons

Could get injured

Insights into Logistics in Motion

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Logistics has more than one warehouse

I worked in two warehouses by LIM.. one was a cigarette warehouse with a very small staff and a horrible work culture i ended up quitting since coworkers and management seemed to be against productivity... At their Parmalat building i ran a reach truck and that warehouse is a much better place to work, overall great. very fast paced and you must learn to use RF scanner

Good place to build yourself

Good place to build yourself and get a good foundation. Do it for the money but dont stay there forever like those old guys who stay because they have senority

Selector

If you want to test your limit this is the place lol. Hard labour with BAD management. Management doesn't care if your hurt or not, they just care about numbers. I don't recommend working here

management useless

They don't take time to explain the jobs, Management is useless they don't care about you and if they don't need you, you'll get fired within a couple weeks. The supervisors only care about numbers and not you. Not recommended to work there at all.

VERY bad place to work.

Happy that you have a job then in just a few weeks your disappointed. They cut like 80% of the cash you could be getting off the incentive program and made it hard for anyone to get extra cash on top of there paycheck by working hard, instead we have to spend more time away from our families doing overtime which we don't get much of only on the odd weeks. It's a life changer for the worst, I wouldn't recommend this job to my enemy...** ATTENTION!!! ** Get-in, use them before they use you, do as much overtime as possible to earn as much cash as you can then hit the road but first make sure to have another job waiting. SO...morale of this story is, DO NOT take this.......umm...job for a career, their is no job security here. "Rookies" get your money up then move on. And the rest who have been there for awhile use that experience and find something better.

Pros

MANY Many...many flat screens to look at whilst in the cafeteria.

Cons

Lead Supervisors, Management and the CEO

its a job

not the greatest place to work but it pays the bills management cant mange themselves much less 100 plus employees ant a time every suggestion i gave was never implemented

Pros

paid breaks

Cons

terrible management

awesome warehouse and great fooseball table

great people to work with, if you put your time in it gets easier. hardest part is working with a lot of new people because they are learning but you just got to be careful.

Pros

great pay

Cons

product can fall from the 90's if product is't put away properly;

Hard word but doable, employees appreciation bbq, xmas party etc

Can be a fun place to work, but at times can also be very frustrating. there are quotas that you have to meet every week to avoid getting written up but on the plus side if you surpass those quotas you receive a bonus.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Logistics in Motion?

Fine its a good place to work if you don't mind barely getting 40 hours a week. if buisneesss is slow they send you home with out pay. management doesnt care at all about employees, you are just a number to them.

Cons

very difficult and physically demanding job

everyday is the same and physically demanding as there is a lot of repetitive heavy lifting , I learned some knew skills such as how to operate heavy material handling equipment and how to be quick and efficient. The management is okay and the turnover rate is very large not much communication between co-workers and management.

Great place if your a hard and dedicated worker

I worked at Logistics in Motion for three years. It was a great experience to work for them. I loved the fast pace motion of the job, and the hard work you need to put in to succeed there. I loved the team work concept and the management are really in there to help you succeed at your job.

overall an ok place to work

A typical day begins with signing in and logging on to an equipment as per job title, reporting to pre-shift, find out how the day will unfold e.g. workload and what is required etc.. I work with some pretty cool guys i must say, management is alright too. Hardest part of my day would probably be trying to maintain a standard of a 100%. Most enjoyable part of my day is going home safe at the end of each shift.

This place is a nightmare.

Worked here for 7 years and seen it all. Forced overtime, unnecessary write-ups and harassment from management, a tighter and tighter performance standard, and human rights violations such as firing employees on WSIB claims and attaching RFID chips to our person to track our behaviour around break and lunch times, with swift and undiscerning disciplines that followed. Stay away from this toxic, high-stress environment unless you are desperate, or enjoy being treated like a number, not a person. By far the worst place I ever worked.

Pros

Pay is good for dummy work. $17 to start, high seniority guys at $23

Cons

Literally everything else.

Good pay rate thats it

The pay-rate is what attracts people there thats it the work environment is pretty s*****d up.No job security and everything is rushed..If your a order picker your pretty much s*****d... Union is there just to say ya we have a union but does not do anything to help you out... During my time there I met 2 supervisors that were fair rest all of them are a bunch of a** a lot of favoritism. Stress level at lim is ---- experiencing life at a rate of several wtf per hour Best of luck for anyone who joins there

Pros

Good pay

High Stress Job

While this position paid well and gave job security with benefits, management and the union do not communicate well. This creates a very high stress environment, where people are often written up, etc.

Aabsolutely the worst place i have ever worked.

work environment sucks, everyone is racing to meet ridiculously high set standards. it seems as though its all about the money and the workers don't matter. The company only holds on to you until just before the end of your probationary period, then they let you go. they supposedly have the highest termination rate in Durham. I was also told that if i went full time i would get a $2.00 raise, never saw it, nor did i see the $.40 hourly bonus for working in the freezer. I was also never given the proper attire to work in the freezer, i had a pair of snow pants that were two sizes too small, and i also had to bring in my own jacket because they didn't have one for me.

Pros

Cons

lots of mandatory overtime.

Stay away

Great place to work until management start looking at you, based on teamwork that doesn't exist because of unrealistic standards, it's mostly a war between coworkers. Supervisor will ruin your life and the union will just look

Pros

Not many

Cons

Too many

Good pay but at a price

Typical days at Logistics in Motion (LIM) depend on which department you are in, and can vary in workload and pace. A pre-shift briefing is held at the beginning of the day to inform employees about workload and potential hazards and operations changes. After this, employees work independently to complete tasks that are unique to their position ( selector, loader, receiver etc.) Management consists of floor supervisors who will direct employees to perform particular tasks that need to be completed. They also ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are being followed and the work environment is safe. Co-workers, like any place of employment, vary in terms of personality and skill level. Some are polite and helpful, while others seem to be oblivious of events taking place around them, and impede others. The hardest part of the job is maintaining 100% standard performance. The warehouse is on the Manhattan system, and tracks employees' performance based on a standardized model. Many employees have voiced their concerns about the toughness to achieve 100% consistently without sacrificing safety for performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the money, which is quite good even at the entry level position. Raises occur every 6 months, and the benefits are also quite generous.

Pros

The money

Cons

Long hours that can often drag on

avoid

be homeless before this place takes you on. every job has its issues this place has all of them. management blames the workers even when they are wrong. standards are slave work.

Pros

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics in Motion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Logistics in Motion with

Logistics in Motion reviews by location

• Logistics in Motion