Logistics in Motion

Logistics in Motion Employee Reviews

very stressful and dangerous environment

selector working to meet standards and driving like maniacs on triple pallet trucks to ensure standards or get fired. i was never in those positions, but felt sorry for those employees

Not the easiest job, people might complain, but they’re the same ones that don’t wanna work. You need to be physically strong. Just go there, do your 8, and then come back home. Don’t act tough or try to talk down to others, you’ll be out before your feet hit the ground. Be humble, be nice, be strong, and you’ll do good.

Pros

Good pay, good workout, good benefits, union.

Cons

Could get injured

Glad they are gone

High stress and drama. Management were a huge part of the negative atmosphere in the warehouse. Clear favouritism with certain workers, supervisors would turn a blind eye. Hostile work environment.

Pros

They were forced out

Cons

Little accountability

LIM has been replaced with Loblaw

Loblaw walked in and began clearing house, Long time 11+ year employees were walked out long time Supervisors were walked out. Local 222 is the biggest Pile of garbage going in Durham region if you ever decided to unionize use 1090 who are in Whitby. Local 222has no problem taking your dues but when there is a job on the line they are very quick to tuck tail and run!! Doesn't matter my college education something 99% of the people in the building do not have got me into my career path where i should be.

Standard warehousing, better than many

Pretty standard warehousing work. They push, like everyone does, but it seems tolerable. I'd say it was in the top third of warehouse jobs. Some truly outstanding people, but mostly ordinary corporate culture.

Use you up, spit you out.

This company has a history of hiring for a job and if you're about to complete the required hours to have a safe position they will lay you off with no reason. Union protects its money and not its employees.

Logistics has more than one warehouse

I worked in two warehouses by LIM.. one was a cigarette warehouse with a very small staff and a horrible work culture i ended up quitting since coworkers and management seemed to be against productivity... At their Parmalat building i ran a reach truck and that warehouse is a much better place to work, overall great. very fast paced and you must learn to use RF scanner

Good job 👏

Nice place to work once you get use to the job task it get easy, can be difficult for new comers, at time but there is always experience worker willing to help you around

The Worst Ever

If you want a few good pays fine, anything beyond that is unnecessary self destructive nonsense. Don't bother wasting your time or efforts here you're worth more than they'll ever figure you're worth. The place is run on fear and segregation, purely toxic.

Good place to build yourself

Good place to build yourself and get a good foundation. Do it for the money but dont stay there forever like those old guys who stay because they have senority

Place is so bad to work for

Amount you have to do is not possible that they have standard set at high turnover rate. management suck. worried that your going to be fired all the time

Typical day at work.

A typical day is spent driving a triple pallet jack around a warehouse to given food products which must be lifted and assembled into full sized pallets at a rate of 3 pallets stacked 6 foot high every 45 minutes. The job taught me how to work at a quick pace, manage time, and how to persist in a challenging workplace environment. Management was very strict and often looked for any way to get an employee fired especially if they had not yet passed probation. Workplace culture was solitary due to the high turn over rate and exhausting work required. The hardest part of the job was meeting the time constraints required to not be fired as you have to select a massive amount of product and safely assemble it into pallets with very little leeway. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it functioned as an 8 hour workout.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Toxic environment with good co-workers

The place is now Loblaws but hasn't changed at all. Work you to death, don't expect weekends off,mandatory O.T every chance they get including stat holidays which is great for the money,terrible for home life especially if you have bad weekends like Monday/Tuesday as you'll be forced to either work the stat and only have one day off or you'll have the stat and be forced to work the next day of your weekend. They actually forced a man that was dying of cancer to walk through the facility just to get papers so he could change his benefits and insurance 3 days before he died. Do not expect to be treated like a human in this facility.

Pros

Pay, benefits and co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Proper and Safe Workplace

Logistics in motion was primarily manual labour which was great for a young person like myself

Supervisor calgary

Worst place ever worked as a supervisor terrible culture no respect for there management and bullied.HR is a bully and if you speak up they get rid of you and very high turnover as you can see the reviews.Not an honest company backstab your way up

Pros

Nothing maybe free coffee

Horrid.

One of the absolute worst work spaces I have been a part of in my life. Poor managment and a broken coms system. There is a reason they have an outrageously high turnover rate.

Pros

Cafe

Cons

Poor management

Selector

If you want to test your limit this is the place lol. Hard labour with BAD management. Management doesn't care if your hurt or not, they just care about numbers. I don't recommend working here

Worst company I have ever experienced

After watching 7 general managers and dozens of middle managers go through here, the culture remains the same. Toxic work environment. The union tries to help but contract negotiations have proven that management is primarily interested in finding loopholes to get around the collective bargaining agreement.

Na

Fast paced. Hard working individuals only. High expectations, and self motivation, and self task needed. Structured. Negative workers all around the place.

The culture is unhealthy. No one likes to see the other flourish and progress; always bad energy. I rather be someone where I am respected for my work and ly effort on the job site.

Pros

Get paid every week

Cons

Bad culture

Great Training

I went there blindly, didn't know what to expect. Temperature controlled climate are not a good thing for me. I got sick from being in the freezer then try to go in the perishable and was pretty much the same situation. I tried to get over the cold but it had a lasting effect on me. So I quit.

Pros

Incentive

Cons

Weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics in Motion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7