LOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

LOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Many other duties assigned outside of your position. Very rewarding work from working with clients, good staff team , decent salary and minimum benefits. Management could use improvement
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Extra hours and duties, lack of advancement opportunities
It was a great experience and I enjoyed working with my team members. We went above and beyond for the clients we served. I hope to return in the near future..
Depending on the program you are placed in, you usually always have amazing team members. The issues are within management, and seasoned workers whom are stuck in their bad ways. Overall, I would recommend the job, it gives you good frontline experience and you meet so many wonderful people, both in the community and in your work place.
friendly atmosphere, managers are easy to access. Good support management team and helpful co-workers. Safe environment to work and easy going staffs.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
this place is very racists management is none caring they think of psw less then them dont apply if u have .more then one job they expect you too live off their income alone dont get sick dont be pregnant cause they will fire u in the worst way shorham needs new managements badly I wish the government knew what's goes on in shorham loss of funding I'd say
Stable work, fair salary. Stressful work, workers safety not top priority. Benefits are minimal. Management style could use some improvement. Many "other duties as assigned" which are quite unpleasant
LOFT CS is the most racist and toxic work environment in all of Toronto. They hire unqualified people to care for vulnerable populations. They lack an overall capacity to create a workplace that is equitable and diverse. Do not apply here if you are a person of colour, do not apply here if you belong to the 2SLGBTQ+ community and especially do not apply to work here if you do your work with integrity.
Cleaned common areas of apartment building. Worked where I live and no commute necessary. Meetings regularly to update job and duties. I worked on Weekends from Friday to Monday and any statutory holidays. Boss added recycling duties because he liked the job I was doing. I lost job only because of downsizing or else I would still be working there now.
Pros
No commute necessary
Cons
Downsized
I enjoy coming to work everyday. I work with a great team
This place is racist and the worst non-profit you could ever work at!!! If you're a person of colour or belong to any minority group, stay away! They will ruin your career!
Pros
Cons
Racists
As a former employee stated that favoritism is shown to their favorite staffs and clients. There are very few support for staffs. Management say alot of things but when it comes to execute what is stated it doesn't happen. This company hide behind it's name as the name is well recognized but isn't as great as everyone thinks. Clients are not being supported on ways that they should and are held down. There benefits are terrible and so is there wages. They are very cheap and your hard work is not acknowledged.
Cons
Long and terrible hours.
Loft has the worst management- they dont promote or recognize competent staff, only their favourites! Clients are encouraged to not move forward with their lives so the units can be filled. Loft is the sweatshop of social service agencies.
Was a great contract position for one year. I was able to build my skills as a psw. During the one year of employment , I was full time mornings. Would still be there if there was a permanent position that was available after contract ended.
Cons
lots of travelling
Most of the workers are friendly. Management is good. Management take of workers. The company really care about the residents and their family. Management is available 24/7 so you never be alone, always someone is up to direct you.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Sometimes disorganized
Payroll run in ADP system at people at work pay at work with a lot of hourly employees and overtime calculated manually for PSW in many Toronto location
this is an amazing service and I am so proud that I work here. It has a great staff and hardworking workers. They are dedicated and I learn so much from them.
Not completely satisfied as an employee. This is why I am looking for a new job experience. They expect you to take on more than what your actual hired job description is. You get stuck doing more/some of your Supervisors job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
They expect more from you than your hired job description.
management does not really care about those they hire or those they serve end of day its about how much the tenants can line there pockets. if you wish to try to make life better for people with disabilities this is not the place
Pros
working with people with disabilities
Cons
management that does not care
My days would differ depending on how many intakes I had to conduct in the community, meetings I attended at the LOFT head office or within my office located in a house. I was constantly taking calls for individuals/families/ professionals looking for short-term housing for their client. Thus I would conduct phone screenings, set up in-person intake meetings, and conduct the meetings. Then present them weekly to my managers at their office. My office was in a house that housed 10 individuals with severe mental illness and/or addictions who were at risk of losing their housing due to their symptoms. Thus our program provided temporary housing where clients could improve their skills and obtain services to re-integrate back into society successfully. My role entails not only intakes, but determining the board fees, the rm to move into, move-in date, setting up the physical and electronic files and pairing clients with housing workers and case managers -myself or another visiting case manager. I also really enjoyed having the opportunity to learn the new skills of supervising a college placement student about my role. I really enjoyed the clients I worked with as I provided case management support as needed, assisting them with whatever they needed. Having the opportunity to learn from the housing staff who knew the program extensively, collaborating with them, and with other colleagues at LOFT, to successfully support clients and ensure the smooth running of our program, was very rewarding.
Pros
Create my own schedule, and expand on my intake assessment skills
I enjoyed working in the not for profit organization such as LOFT. The work culture was excellent and the company policies and practices were great for a person with a family and small children
Working as a Community Service worker at LOFT Community Services is very rewarding. I work in the Community of York Region, and manage my Caseload. I often get a very positive feedback from the management. I love working with my team as everyone is so willing to help and to provide support when needed. It is sometimes difficult to liase with certain agencies in the community in order to establish a support network for my Client. Most enjoyable part of my job is to see my Clients achieving their Goals.
Pros
Self time management
Cons
Lots of driving