Loewen

Loewen Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
It's a trap
I was very optimistic and positive towards employment. Put in most challenging department and position, I was able the thrive in learning and performing exceptionally. I was terminated because a supervisor was insecure about his position and knew I was about to secure his. I loved what I did and I was so good at it but in the end it came down to who was related to who
Not a bad place to work
The people here were great. They were very friendly and professional. The trainers were good, employees were good. I cant really complain about the people. I cant say the same for management (production managers) all they want is production production. And they let me go because I was sick. The managers here are not like managers at all. Morale is great. Management, thumbs down, way down.
Pros
Great people, Flexible Benefits, Part time option
Cons
Repitive work, no room for advancement, some trainers ignore you
Loewen is a great company because of its outstanding employees and condusive culture
It was my first time working here in Canada and I was very surprised by how friendly, and accommodating my co-workers were. We were producing frames for beautiful windows and I was assigned alone in a work station that was involved in fabricating mouldings to frames. I learned to a lot of things like the Canadian way of doing things; when it comes to work it really means you have to produce according to your worth which was fine by me. I learned that my superiors were very supportive of us; they welcomed our questions and suggestions, they did not mind the countless mistakes I made as long as I learned from them. The job was not that hard really because of the people and the culture which I was very fortunate to be a part of. I enjoyed almost all aspects of the job. Its just that we had to move to Winnipeg because of the opportunities to be had for Im a Registered Nurse by profession and I wanted to pursue this profession to support my family. It was with a heavy heart when I left Loewen.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Loewen?