Loewen windows Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB30 March 2019
Loewen Windows is a great place to build your career. The people are great and the pay/benefits are are very good. Loewen’s has a very safe environment and does everything in their power to ensure that all employees go home safe everyday.
Pros
Friendly staff, safe work environment
A real life job
Break Out (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB7 February 2019
Work depends there as I was not able to work full time like i wanted but was originally hired to do so. Make sure you're in good shape because I have a chest condition that was deeply effected by this job which happens sometimes.
Pros
Good pay, space to move up and switch departments
Cons
Long hours, scrambled management, not very social environment from what I felt
Very clean and safe place to work.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB27 October 2018
Working here has been nice. I really enjoy building windows and doors. And making them look nice when I apply the sdl. And getting to challenge myself with some of the more detailed and speciality units. Always have a good time with my co-workers.
The one thing I would like to change would be. Everyone being able to get full time hours. I have been on casual for a few months and I have only been called in a few times. Because of how slow it has been.
Pros
Friendly co workers. Weekends off, safe place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours if you are looking for full time.
Excellent products, very closed culture
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB31 March 2018
great company to work for if you are looking to be in a job for many years doing the same thing. This brings it's pros and cons, such as you will be able to become an expert in design, construction, installation of high end windows, but if you want to move within the company, there is little room for growth.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
slow career progression
poor excuse for a company
which day? (Former Employee) –  Canada7 December 2017
this company is a total joke.

They will keep piling on your work load, and all the while you do the work of 4 people your salary wont reflect it.
They'll tell you every year that you will not be receiving a bonus while the higher ups go out all day and pat themselves on the back, and receive their bonuses for a job well done.
They'll make sure you have no enjoyment, not even personal items on your desk!
There is a reason they lay people off every 4 months,
They do not know how to run a company, let alone build doors or windows.

Stay away from this company.
Pros
some of the staff members are great
Cons
Everything about this place
fun place to be...
Accountant Assistant/ co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB27 August 2017
good place to work. they treated employees with respect,they were a safety first oriented company e=with lots of safety training, good benifits,they treated everyone like family...
Loewen
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB9 May 2017
Working for Loewen Windows was an interesting job to have worked at. That is one big warehouse company to work for and many people working in different jobs. When I started working there I had no experience in glass. My job was the green line meaning putting metal frames to wood and then putting together. It was heavy work and tedious at time and repeating. Near the end I hurt myself from the bang the metal frames into place, so I was later moved to light work on the sash line. They were very good to their employees and the pay was good and hours were long evening shift.
Pros
learned about glass, got to go to schooling after layoff, people
Cons
heavy work, hours
productive and team based
production worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB3 June 2016
- a typical day consisted of a fast paced day, building windows and doors in a sat manner
- I learned organization, teamwork, proper handling of wood, metal and plastics
- management wasn't great but the company was undergoing ownership changes
- co-workers were polite, energetic and hard working, never could complain
- the hardest part was constant problem solving, as well as handling the hot temperatures
- the most enjoyable part of my job was making the work aesthetically pleasing for the customer
Pros
paid breaks, no weekend work
Cons
long nights
Great workplace for students (youngsters)
Line Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB14 May 2016
Building windows for customers
I learned a lot about manufacturing and production.
Learned how to run and coordinate the line.
Good management
Friendly co-workers
The hardest part was to hit our numbers on time, by following Loewen standard quality of the windows.
The best part about the job was that we had Friday's off (usually)
Pros
Friday's off
Cons
low pay
I really enjoyed my Job
Planner/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB17 November 2013
I would start up my Computer and check what is still out there for them to build and then get going with planning and coordinating the next batch of work. I learned being organized is very important to effectively do my Job, Management was good and that created a good work-environment and the same goes for me and my co-workers. In order for us to be able to work good together, we needed to have good communication.The hardest part of my Job for me is when there is disunity among the People and the most enjoyable part was when people communicated well and enjoyed working together and when I closed my work station at the end of the day knowing I had a productive day. Happy People make a happy work-environment.
Pros
letting employees know when they do their Job well.
It was a fun place to work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB28 October 2012
A typical day at work was like going to school. It was good. I learned how to work well with others. The management was ok. My co-workers were easy to work with and fun. The hardest part was doing one thing all the time. I like a variaty of things to do. The most enjoyable thing was when I could do a variaty of work.
Always busy
Metal cutting:brick mould, vinyl processing area (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB17 October 2012
Had my own departement, enjoyed training new employees. Learning new types of machinery and cross training.
Pros
10% increment for evening shift.
Cons
did not like evening shifts