Loden Hotel

Loden Hotel Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Pros
I worked for almost 2 years at the Loden and had a great experience working there.

-Management is supportive and positive.

-The office environment is friendly and one of the best I have worked at.

-There is always the opportunity to learn new skills.

-The days are dynamic and never repetitive.

Cons

-Days can sometimes be long.
Loden Hotel and independent Boutique hotel in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada. Located in Coal Harbour neighbourhood on the edge of the business district.
I worked for the loden for months, and I have never in all my career experienced such poor management and working conditions. The gm is a two faced tyrant and it trickles down from there. They predominantly hire international people on visas because they are easier to manipulate and abuse. It's a cult like work culture. Avoid.
Property is very nice but management is very dominating. They don't give you proper training and still will blame you for every small mistake. They gave me very poor treatment in my personal problems. They will schedule you more than 40 hours in a week without overtime pay. Strongly not recommended to anyone.
Management at the Loden Hotel are inexperienced and use intimidation tactics to achieve performance standards. The work culture is very poor with no benefits or rewards for hard work. Some managers are abusive towards their staff and it is a very bad environment to advance a career in hotels. I would never recommend for anyone to work at the Loden Hotel.
Worked at temporarily at the front desk. Management provided great support and learning opportunities. The hotel is rather small and serves mostly corporate guest. Some days could be rather slow and boring.
Pros
Free food, great co-workers
Cons
Severely understaffed, inflexible schedule
as a first job in canada, it's a good position. It's a nice hotel, and you can learn a lot.
They pay a good salary and give good benefits but unfortunately I did not have the possibility to wrong there. I moved because I received a job offer in customer service and it was a good opportunity for me
As a house person you mostly are dedicated to cleaning and maintaining public areas; and staff areas during the night shift. Management for everything from In Room Dining, to Front Desk, to Housekeeping and Engineering, to administrative side are all very approachable and there are no strict lines of hierarchy which makes working here a very promising career in the long haul and not stressful.

Mainly it's about communication, which they provided phones for on duty usage; as long as you are willing to talk to peers and management, they are very open and willing to talk - a huge pro compared to other places!

You learn a great deal about the hospitality industry, and there's plenty to be learnt still, It's definitely on the higher spectrum where hotels are concerned, especially considering it's a boutique hotel! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone coming for a visit and also to anyone looking for progressing their career in the hospitality environment.
Pros
Gratuities, pleasant co-workers and management, benefits included after probation
Cons
frequent switches between night, day, evening shifts during first 3 months really drills you.