Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 May 2018
They really care about their employees. Lockheed Martin Canada is an aerospace and defence contractor, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, and a part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
short term contracts
Solid leadership
Subcontracts Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2018
Very good place to work. Solid leadership. Opportunities for advancement. Enjoyable work environment. Excellent benefits package and rewarding when the job is well done.
OK place to work at
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC29 November 2017
Learn new things, culture is not so great. People around nice to work with however. They don't give free coffee. Environment is extremely corporate. Good for starting job.
Great Work/Life Balance
Systems Engineer / Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
Atmosphere and environment are great. Most team members are very friendly and collaboration is encouraged. Work loads are very well planned out in regular meetings.
Cons
Lack of effort in cross training
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 March 2017
Lots of interesting projects working with cutting-edge technology. Advancement a little difficult. Salaries within market average. Could have more activities to build corporate culture and have employees get to know each other as they work in disparate sites.
Pros
Training, work in high-tech field, great colleagues
Cons
Can be long hours, corporate culture could be stronger
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Good pay, great culture and solid principles of software development. The only downside is the glass ceiling and the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great work/life balance, short working week and no overtime
Cons
Glass ceiling
Need a challenging position
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec, Canada8 July 2015
Dynamic person, who manages all operations of the production equipment, engineering department, the R&D group, HVAC, production and the maintenance team. Several years of experience in various positions. Great experience in mechanical design, buying new or old equipment with solid negotiation skills, equipment refurbishment, maintenance, continuous improvement, daily operations, production (teamleader), supervision, budgets, modification, new product introduction. Improvement and equipment update to optimize resources and productivity. Equipped with a strong technical background, excellent analytical thinking and solid interpersonal aptitudes. Great facility in taking good decisions to solve technical problems. Recognized as a hard working and perseverant. Confidence in management of technical and financial aspects in any department.
Great work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Somewhere9 June 2015
Work culture is great if you like to code 8 hours a day. Good benefits, and sometimes you get overtime pay. This is all I have.
productive
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB19 March 2015
this company was very interesting to learn new things. I love working there and I would recommend someone else to work there as well
Lockheed provides integrated military systems to DND
STAFF ENGINEER, Systems Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  May, ON25 October 2014
I was test engineer who ensured the customer received a quality system.
Lm
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  dartmouth, nova scotia24 July 2014
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
Pros
You can slack off and not get fired
Cons
Low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Provides insurance and benefits to their employee.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Land Bank of the Philippines28 April 2014
Good working condition. I'm comfortable working with my co-workers. I learned a lot dealing to many clients at the bank. Helping their query. The hardest part of my job is during night shift because you have to monitor the ATM Machine. I enjoy playing basketball after my
duty.
Pros
with prepaid allowance
Cons
long hours at work
leadership
Apron Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2013
•Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
I am an expert trouble shooter with extensive leadership & management skills. I have outstanding track record in establishing and developing new Start- ups.
A company I could easily return to and enjoy working.
Quality Assurance Representative/Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa. Ontario27 May 2012
I had the distinct pleasure to work as a QA Rep. from 1999 to 2004. The staff and Management were a joy to work with, very professional and helpful.
Lots of work/life balance activities, Christmas Party, Golf, special days (gifts on Mothers/Fathers Day, Canada Day etc.)
given an opportunity, I would return in a heart-beat.
Pros
9/80 work schedule (every 2nd. friday off), excellent cafeteria - freshly cooked.
Cons
difficult to remember cons