Lockheed Martin

Canada33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,948 reviews
companygreatworkworkingcultureopportunityhourbenefit

Inclusive and evolving

I doubt you will find a company of this size that has such a well established and effective human resources process. Some of the backbones of the process are inclusion and ethics. The compensation was decent but it is being improved as we speak. The work culture is in the middle stages of developing a more modern flow but still has some challenges that could use some champions. There can be long hours but they are under your control and there are no unrealistic expectations. Limited resources can lead to off hours but this is a rarity and comparible to any other company under the same circumstances. Work life balance is valued and schedules can be flexible. Your success is completely up to you. You are assigned a manager to help you plan out your training and career goals.

Pros

Flex schedule, competitive compensation, inclusive environment, high degree of accountability

Cons

Occasional off hours, high degree of accountability

Bon endroit

un bon endroit pour appendre et travailler, le salaire n'est pas si grand, mais suffisant pour vivre dignement, et augmente rapidement, je pense que c'est le meilleur job que je n'ai jamais eu.

Pros

couverture médicale, Ethique

Cons

salaire dans la moyenne

Insights into Lockheed Martin

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun workplace

Good place to learn, young team. Accessible area, Dorval close to air Canada, a lot of contract with many companies, at least 05 years, good health insurance

Culture is based on that old school family environment

I would highlight recommend working here, the only issue is are the pay scales, in order to advance in pay increase, you need to obtain different expriences within the company, but that is not easy when the jobtitle or role covers a wide range of job tiltes or duties.Payscale is not industry leading as with other competitors.

Pros

family environment - job's aren't rushed!

Cons

Payscale is not industry leading as with other competitors.

Grest place. Great people.

Well run and great team. I only left as I had another opportunity .... Which I later regretted. Would recommend. Cafeteria food was amazing. Great overall experience.

Pros

Great place and benefits.

Cons

None.

Parfait

Super employeur, Tres belle culture, beau défi. Une equipe formidable. Je recommande cette entreprise.

Productive workplace with great peers and employers

The experience was very eye opening to the world of engineering. It helped me grasp what the day-to-day of an engineer is like and helped me develop important connections and friendships, as well as a deeper appreciation for what it is to work as an engineer

Great place to work, great people to work with

I worked for Lockheed martin as a consultant through IBM. My overall review for this company is great. Great environment and people to work with. Had a good time working with Lockheed people.

environnement agréable

environnement agréable appart avec les vieux grognons d'Air Canada

Pros

emploi parfait

Cons

emploi contingenté

exciting projects within military community

workplace tended towards never taking accountability for mistakes, worrying more about assigning blame than utilizing lessons learned from previous projects

Pros

a fair bit of job autonomy

Cons

military leadership centers on blame

Compressed Work Schedule

Every second Friday off. Work 80 hours in 9 days. Well educated and motivated team. On site cafeteria, Modern office space. Stable IT for in office and remote work.

A great experience in the workplace and security for a co-op student

Security is #1 here, and I could not have been happier learning the protocols during my co-op placement at Lockheed Martin MST. The workplace was very sociable and warm to my presence, and everybody seems to be a great help.

Interesting work but not for me

Good pay, old school structure, 9 hour workdays for every second Friday off is overrated. Management is alright, company culture is a bit dated in the age of new tech.

Great place to cut your teeth as a junior developer

Good job security, good place to learn how to be a software engineer with a lifetime of reliable work. Good facility with amenities, and treated like a responsible employee with minimal micromanaging.

Cons

Poor pay, pigeonholing of positions, knowledge bottleneck, can be lost in a sea of generic developers, easily forgotten unless you fill the alpha male Navy stereotypes.

Excellent place to work for

Great employer, hard to get on because of low turn-over in the support field. Highly recommended, I took this coming from Best Buy and learned a lot about corporate enterprise systems. This was a willing-to-teach opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, great benefits, good pay

Cons

None, retention could be better I suppose

Productive, functional and fun

It's easy to have respect for your peers when everyone is so well trained and willing to help others. You can pick your own hours, as long as it fits around 9am-3pm.

Great corporation, limited opportunity for non-US citizens

Great corporation with tremendous pedigree and world-class capability. The work is challenging, the projects complex and the demand for excellence is abundant. Perhaps the biggest challenge/frustration is the simple fact that it is a US based defence corporation and thus advancement is limited by citizenship. As a non-American one cannot work at any of the sites throughout the United States. These are State Department rules and non-negotiate.

Pros

Great people. Total deciation to serving the interests of the Cdn Armed Forces

Cons

Inability to grow within the corporation due to US law.

Good people, interesting work

Good values, clearly articulated. They have excellent training videos about those values and other aspects of working well and ethically. Provided training when necessary. Good teamwork. We worked together to achieve the company goals and helped each other. Every other Friday off (9/80 schedule). It took a while to get used to this, but the extra day off is nice. Compensation (salary and benefits) are excellent.

Company treats employees with respect and fair

I had a contract job with company for 7 months. Required background security screening - a safe place to work. Nice people to work with. Good benefits. Wish to come back when job is available.

Interesting place to work

Working at Lockheed Martin was lots of fun. We always had the opportunity to learn new technologies and integrate new systems. Management did keep us constantly up to date. The hardest part is being able to advance or transfer out into different groups.

Pros

Interesting Work

Cons

Old Boys Network making it hard to advance.

Great work environment

They really care about their employees. Lockheed Martin Canada is an aerospace and defence contractor, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, and a part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area

Pros

great cafeteria

Cons

short term contracts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement