Lockheed Martin
Coronavirus update
Information from Lockheed Martin:

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
Well run and great team. I only left as I had another opportunity .... Which I later regretted. Would recommend. Cafeteria food was amazing. Great overall experience.
Pros
Great place and benefits.
Cons
None.
Super employeur, Tres belle culture, beau défi.
Une equipe formidable.

Je recommande cette entreprise.
The experience was very eye opening to the world of engineering. It helped me grasp what the day-to-day of an engineer is like and helped me develop important connections and friendships, as well as a deeper appreciation for what it is to work as an engineer
I worked for Lockheed martin as a consultant through IBM.
My overall review for this company is great. Great environment and people to work with. Had a good time working with Lockheed people.
environnement agréable appart avec les vieux grognons d'Air Canada
Pros
emploi parfait
Cons
emploi contingenté
workplace tended towards never taking accountability for mistakes, worrying more about assigning blame than utilizing lessons learned from previous projects
Pros
a fair bit of job autonomy
Cons
military leadership centers on blame
Every second Friday off. Work 80 hours in 9 days. Well educated and motivated team. On site cafeteria, Modern office space. Stable IT for in office and remote work.
Security is #1 here, and I could not have been happier learning the protocols during my co-op placement at Lockheed Martin MST.

The workplace was very sociable and warm to my presence, and everybody seems to be a great help.
Good pay, old school structure, 9 hour workdays for every second Friday off is overrated. Management is alright, company culture is a bit dated in the age of new tech.
Good job security, good place to learn how to be a software engineer with a lifetime of reliable work. Good facility with amenities, and treated like a responsible employee with minimal micromanaging.
Cons
Poor pay, pigeonholing of positions, knowledge bottleneck, can be lost in a sea of generic developers, easily forgotten unless you fill the alpha male Navy stereotypes.
Great employer, hard to get on because of low turn-over in the support field. Highly recommended, I took this coming from Best Buy and learned a lot about corporate enterprise systems. This was a willing-to-teach opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance, great benefits, good pay
Cons
None, retention could be better I suppose
It's easy to have respect for your peers when everyone is so well trained and willing to help others. You can pick your own hours, as long as it fits around 9am-3pm.
Great corporation with tremendous pedigree and world-class capability.

The work is challenging, the projects complex and the demand for excellence is abundant.

Perhaps the biggest challenge/frustration is the simple fact that it is a US based defence corporation and thus advancement is limited by citizenship. As a non-American one cannot work at any of the sites throughout the United States. These are State Department rules and non-negotiate.
Pros
Great people. Total deciation to serving the interests of the Cdn Armed Forces
Cons
Inability to grow within the corporation due to US law.
Good values, clearly articulated. They have excellent training videos about those values and other aspects of working well and ethically.
Provided training when necessary.

Good teamwork. We worked together to achieve the company goals and helped each other.

Every other Friday off (9/80 schedule). It took a while to get used to this, but the extra day off is nice.

Compensation (salary and benefits) are excellent.
I had a contract job with company for 7 months. Required background security screening - a safe place to work. Nice people to work with.

Good benefits. Wish to come back when job is available.
Working at Lockheed Martin was lots of fun. We always had the opportunity to learn new technologies and integrate new systems.

Management did keep us constantly up to date.

The hardest part is being able to advance or transfer out into different groups.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Old Boys Network making it hard to advance.
They really care about their employees. Lockheed Martin Canada is an aerospace and defence contractor, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, and a part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
short term contracts
Old mentality company with old employees from a previous bankrupted company. Bought by Lockheed Martin but nothing changed: same faces, same mindset. This is a time bomb just waiting to explode.
Great place to work, but there weren't many availabilities outside of Afghanistan that I qualified for. I enjoyed the culture of integrity and hard work, the close relationship and level of trust developed between Lockheed and the military, and the political and innovative sharpness of senior leadership.
Very good place to work. Solid leadership. Opportunities for advancement. Enjoyable work environment. Excellent benefits package and rewarding when the job is well done.
Learn new things, culture is not so great. People around nice to work with however. They don't give free coffee. Environment is extremely corporate. Good for starting job.