Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 2,324 reviews matching the search See all 2,363 reviews
Work 2 stations at same time = stressed out
Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2019
Do the 'compactor' duties,serve customers,cover other areas,baking buns,Management expects you to deal with all tasks on your own.Trained other colleagues with no compensation.Most enjoyable part of job was developing relationships with co-workers & customers.
Enjoyed my career
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2019
Loved every minute of every day
Loved the interaction with staff and customers
Proud of our banners and products and the expectations of the company which in turn make us as successful as we are
Busy, lots to learn and a good place to work for
Bilingual Claim Compliance Representative - Supply Chain Logistic (Current Employee) –  1 PCC Brampton16 October 2019
Managers can be flexible and open minded
Progressive and tries to stay ahead with times
Adopted the Blue Culture and encourages employees to live by it
It can be very busy and stressful, but doable
The company offers different perks, including a great cafeteria
Exciting place to work with changes and good culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burns Lake, BC15 October 2019
Having worked for Loblaws for 4+ years, i have had the pleasure of working in 2 locations. although some days are busy and can be stressful, the overall feeling of the work environment is friendly and inviting. do your job well and work hard and you see the benefits. i would recommend the Real Canadian Wholesale Club to anyone wanting to get into the grocery industry.
Working for Loblaws
Assistant Bakery manager (Former Employee) –  3501 Yonge Boulevard14 October 2019
Working for Loblaws was very interesting. I worked almost in every department I learn a lot.
The people are very nice it’s was very good to work for Loblaws .
Pros
I enjoyed working for Loblaws
Cons
I love the people
equal opportunity employer
Operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  1105 fountain street north Cambridge Ontario Canada11 October 2019
great place to work, great people to work with, great and safe environment, equipped with modern tools and technology which is required to do your job in this age .
This place is a nightmare! Absolutely TOXIC!
Associate Merchant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2019
I have never worked for such an awful organization; and hope to never again. The worst “leadership” I have ever experienced. They think "culture" means hanging posters on the wall and making a speech periodically at a meeting, but the “leadership” team doesn't exemplify any of the traits they preach about. They have no idea how to lead, or inspire (or coach, mentor, etc.). Not to mention, they are completely inauthentic. There is no training for your role. Sink or swim... rely on broken telephone and others to help you figure things out... but you are held responsible for all errors- even though you have not been trained. Terrible, terrible culture. Advancement is not based on merit, but office politics (or friendships of the “leadership” team)... so if you're not prepared to smile and agree with everything the “leadership” team says and does... then be prepared to stay in your role, because you won't be promoted. They ask for feedback, but if you provide it, you are penalized and again, won't advance. The turnover rate at this office is like nothing I’ve seen. It would be comical if it wasn’t so sad. This place is TOXIC. For your mental health and well-being… do yourself a favor and stay far away!
good place to start working
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC10 October 2019
was a very good environment to learn the responsibilities of a job. was hired as a grocery clerk but also handled responsibilities of the dairy buyer and of the receiver.
not bad
WAREHOUSE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 October 2019
Loblaw company is good for who person very healthy and physical in way ability to pick upto 40 kgs making continue way. only one of company in Canada for given chance to work for fresh/ fist time come to Canada. therefore, this company is different culture with goods ethic people.
Student Job
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC9 October 2019
Acceptable part time job as a student, simple tasks, yet plentiful to the point where you're be busy for your entire shift. Great place to meet and socialize with people as well.
Overall, great place to work. Lots of places to move around if you want to.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2019
Lots of employees who've been there long term. Good opportunities for growth and continued learning. Lots of colleague diversity. Convenient cafeteria on site with healthy choices.
What a ridiculous place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2019
7 years part time Lp officer for Calgary south stores. Dlps fired all the time and new one spends most of his/her time trying to save there job. No protection in place for LP after arrest. No search, no hand cuffs, no fighting back after being attacked and no holding room. Just pressure to arrest as many people as possible to make your district look good. Used to be safe before Loblaws decided to give in to threat of being sued.
They make you think you are still valuable until you are not
Bilingual Sr Business Development Coordinator / Admin for Director (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2019
Right up until the day I was laid off I was told how valuable I was to the company. Then I was laid off. No reason just laid off. They posted my replacement 2 days later at 20k less than what I was making.
Good first part-time job
Customer Service Representative & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 October 2019
Shifts could be anytime from 6:30 am to 11:15 pm. Certain days and times can be very slow or very fast, around the season holidays is when the week will always be the most stressful. Not a difficult job to have and they will work around your school schedule.
Simple, physically demanding.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC5 October 2019
I loved working here! I would have stayed if not for having to move!
This has been one of my favourite jobs I've worked, with friendly coworkers, engaging and helpful managers, and honestly some of the best customers I've dealt with. This job is fast-paced, so don't expect to be lazy. Be prepared to deal with frequent heavy lifting and a lot of bananas. If you're fine with high speed and heavy lifting, get a job here, you'll love it.
Pros
Friendly environment, fast-pace is exciting, brilliant management, very flexible hours, union benefits.
Cons
Can be very physically demanding, Full-Time positions are rare, training is short/ almost non-existent (you catch on very quick)
Not great
Lakeshore Road W - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2019
Managers regularly hounded employees to come in on their days off because others called in- nobody wanted to be here. Schedulers would give people shifts not on their availability in the hope theyd suck it up and work the shift anyways, and then get upset when they had to replace that shift later. Got more responsibilities (from cash to customer service) with no raises. Bad company, dont care about part timers
Dont work here, they dont care
Perpetual Inventory SAP Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 October 2019
the staff does not care about their employees, its dirty, unorganized, underpaid, overworked, degraded, underappreciated, high turnover for employees yeet
Assistant Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2019
Good place to work with some great people. Flexible shifts and lots of opportunities to prove yourself because a lot of people don't care about retail jobs.
Don’t like
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 October 2019
It was an okay job nothing crazy bad pay and the managers are unprofessional and don’t work at all they always just sit around and let there other workers do the job
Loblaws way only hard to get answrs from specialists
deli/hmr supervisor (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC3 October 2019
Was hard working at loblaws it was their way and not interested in your opinion . Wage for employees with experience was not considered when apply for jobs
Hire managers with no experience in drots.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.