Loblaw Employee Reviews

gym
Warehouse Assembler Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK8 February 2018
Fun, but stressful
how to stock boxes and how to deal with time pressure.
I can rate then from scale of 1-10. They are 6 from my opinion.
warehouse
hardest part of the job is, building a perfect and stable pallet.
break time and going home not hurting yourself after work.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON5 February 2018
Great working environment with staff that is willing to help and encourage. This job is very active and can be demanding at times. depends on time management and a good work ethic.
Benefits
Cons
Not a set schedule
Loblaw head office
SR. PROJECT COORDINATOR/PROCUREMENT (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2018
Best job I have had. Colleagues, managers, work, life balance was excellent. The business really appreciates all of their colleagues.

Everyone works as a team and is always willing to help eachother out
Pros
A lot of freebies from suppliers
Cons
parking can be a pain
Loblaws Maple Leaf Gardens
Part-Time Dairy/Frozen Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Loblaws Maple Leaf Garden is their flagship store. For those who work in the dairy department, this means you work at a fast pace clearing out the coolers and stocking the shelves. This requires strength and endurance because crates and boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs. For part-timers the pay is minimum despite a union and benefits are hard to acquire.
Good Company to work for
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2018
My years at Loblaws provided me with adequate pay and a great work atmosphere. Worked with wonderful people and made life long friendships. The hours worked with my life-work balance and enjoyed working with the systems and proud of my work.
Average place to work,poor management
Customer Service/Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Canada30 January 2018
Starter type of place if your amateur or first timer worker.This is a good place for student who wants to earn extra but not for a person who survive a family lifestyle.Very low opportunity to get further promotion than most company.
Pros
10% colleague discount that"s it!
Cons
Minimum wage for a lot of work load! so many lazy worker here esp.Local!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Senior Director, Grocery Merch & Operations (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario30 January 2018
Fantastic work culture
Very respectful of one another
Customer focused - Utilizing NPS
Great place to shop
High degree of interaction with Franchisees and other store staff
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Nice, fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 January 2018
It was nice while it lasted. I do miss it very much. Overall it was a good experience. I recommend working here to friends and or family. Management was great, extremely supportive and patient.
Benefits
n/a (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2018
great place to work. Very good benefits and positive environment. Great opp to learn about retail industry and great people to work with on a daily basis.
Great company to work for, fully enjoyed the training and mentoring for 28 years
Produce / Floral specialist (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 January 2018
Restructuring occurs. Couldn’t have asked for a better employer throughout my career
My passion for training and mentoring was recognized throughout my career with advancement and salary/ responsibilities. I was treated with respect and have no regrets. I am excited about my next journey and appreciate the foundation Loblaws provided for me.
Fun enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 January 2018
Loblaws was the best job I ever had I learned a lot about myself and other people, I learned how to help people from all ages and also management I was one of the best employees in my department. The hardest part of the job would be the times where other sections went on break and I would watch over mine and theirs. Workplace was really diverse in culture.
Pros
Good break
Cons
customers not knowing where anything is
productive and good working place and nice employers
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC27 January 2018
good working environment with nice people to work with. Management team are efficient sometimes there are misunderstandings but can be solved right away. I learned managing my time and organizing my job as well as socializing with different kinds of people.
It was fun before.
SAP Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2018
I enjoy the other workers at this site. they were fun to work with I would like to work with them again they laid off too many people and now I can not advance like I wanted to.
Good Atmosphere
Supply Chain Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2018
Friendly people, want to see you succeed and always looking to help you grow within the company. Great office, very welcoming, clean and a lot of perks
Terrible and unorginized
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON26 January 2018
The management there was terrible and unorganized. They were never able to give a straight answer to your questions.

Absolutely no room for growth, and hours were not spread evenly or fairly.
Unorganized
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Seton calgary25 January 2018
I never recieved proper training and no one knew i was coming when i showed up for first shift.
I never picked orders, just ran groceries to the cars, which should be the title of this posting. A red flag from day 1 was the employees complaining they dont get hours, yet they continue to hire.
I was scheduled for shifts they knew i couldn't work and hunting down someone to change this was a challenge in itself. Extremely unorganized department.
Productive and results focused
Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 January 2018
The employees are committed to doing their best and contributing to the success of the organization. These interactions between colleagues made the difference.
Pros
people
terrible place to work.
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 January 2018
half of the management are amazing the other half are the worst. and the worst are unbareable. I do not recommend this job for anyone unless they are in school and need just a few dollars to have fun. not a place for a single person living on one income to work.
Pros
no pros
Cons
almost everything from A - Z
Learn
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Fun to work here, opportunity to interact customers more. For initial start up this job is good.The hardest part is to interact with bossy nature persons even though they are not the head of your department
Terrible
Picker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 January 2018
Horrible, worst experience of my life. Pay and benefits were great. But the amount of work that was expected was too much to be performed safely, and would absolutely have negative effects in the future.
benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.