Loblaw Employee Reviews

Its alright
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
not enough hours given. but good people, and easy work. The Job gets kind of boring because of the ease. and you don't get your employee discount until you work for 6 months.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not enough hours.
Love it!
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cardston, AB28 March 2018
I loved working at Loblaws. It was a very enjoyable job for me. I loved working in the back panning bread, and I loved cutting and packaging. You need to lift heavy objects regularly, and you will be on your feet for hours. This job isn’t for everyone, but I love it.
No respect for individual needs, health and safety.
Departmental Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On26 March 2018
Work is often times unsafe and management does not care about these issues. Employees are expected to essentially climb shelves in overstocked freezers with slippery floors, navigate cluttered backrooms for inaccessible products and more. You are made aware of your rights as an employee during onboarding, but past this point health and safety does not exist.

As a student, I was not accommodated with my hours, and when I had to get another job to support myself because of lack of hours, they were also not accommodating with this either.
Cons
Terrible scheduling, no flexibility as a student
Would not recommend
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2018
Little room for job advancement and even if you do get some sort of promotion you have little to none job security. You are not rewarded at all for your accomplishments and after working your a** off for a year trying to be the best colleague that you can you are rewarded with about a $300 raise at the end of the year, virtually a kid in the balls.
Pros
free lunched about 2 times per year, usually PC food that is about to expire and cannot be sold to the public
Cons
Management doesn't really care so if you are late for your shift its no big deal
Basic job
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2018
It's a good job if you're looking to work part time and not take too seriously. The management isn't the best but they are fair and they always complain there is not enough money to go around, despite being a multi billion dollar corporation.
A great staff to work with
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS21 March 2018
It a great place to work for and the staff you work with is friendly and open and not just in the department you work in but all of them. It fast past work and you are on your feet the whole time.
Pros
free food
Cons
The smell of the deep fryers
Good Nationally not so good locally
Maintenance Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
The company was a good one to work for. But local management is where the problem lies. Favouritism come in to play and different standards for different members of management.
Great people, amenities and benefits
Director (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2018
Loblaw provides a fun yet dynamic and challenging environment with plenty of opportunities to grow. The people are great and the office amenities are fantastic. Gym on location, great cafeteria and lots of natural light.
Pros
Gym, work life balance, great cafeteria
Cons
Located near a busy stretch of the 401
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 March 2018
A typical day, is going in and getting ready for work, getting your machine ready, then going about your task, picking up merchandise as required on your pick list. You then assemble all your merchandise ready for shipping.
Enjoyable
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Working for Lob laws was fantastic, I met so many people, and managed to walk into work with a smile every time because my colleagues and management ensured that work was not only focused to accomplish assignments but also enjoy working with one another and striving to help customers.
Fast Paced Environment
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2018
Working with Loblaw, Inc. (Shared Services) will develop and enhanced mostly all your skills such as Organizational, Interpersonal, Analytical, Time management and Strategical skills. With a fast paced environment and leading one of the biggest Merchandising company here in Canada, it will nurture and build the talent within you.
Great Place to work
Manager, Strategic Sourcing, (EPG) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2018
Rich in diversity, Equal opportunity. People are encouraged to participate, collaborative team effort is on display. It is an inclusive environment where everybodys input is taken into consideration and people are valued and so is their contribution
Good People, Good working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2018
Loblaw is not a place where you can slack off, this company is good at taking care of you but can be very difficult to keep up with the work load.

the people are awesome, everyone is dedicated/loyal to the company and really motivates you to do the same.
Pros
amazing work culture
Cons
expectation that you work long hours
Fun workplace because of the colleagues
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
For a large company the labour hours are very poor and they expect the department managers to fill the gaps to save costs. Colleagues are overworked and often under appreciated. This used to be a great company to work for but the company has changed immensely over the past 5 years and not for the better.
Pros
Colleague discount card
Cons
Long hours, incompetent upper management, no appreciation
It is okay
Pharmacy Clerk/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
It is a good place for a parttime job because of employee discount. I had fun working there because of the people I used to work with. Very nice people.
Great friendships are cultivated in this very upbeat and vibrant environment.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Very energetic environment with great support and teaching opportunities.
Each day is filled with a variety of duties and your daily task lists change often enough to keep you interested and engaged.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Can transfer you to different locations at any time
Always busy
HMR Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 March 2018
Loblaws was a great place to work until the management in HMR changed. i was injured on the job and informed my manager to which i was told we don't have time for this and to continue working the rest of my shift. I worked the rest then went to the hospital where i was told I have permanent damage done to my right hand and cannot work for the next few weeks when i brought my doctors note in i was told it was fine and received a facebook message a week later stating they have taken me off the schedule
Great Place to work with room for advancement
Canada's food and pharmacy leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2018
I enjoyed working at Loblaw and was able to learn different areas of the business. The company provides opportunity for growth and advancement. They take pride in their workplace culture.
Typical Retail with Fun Employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART TIME) (Current Employee) –  Oakville ON10 March 2018
My time with Loblaws working at the Real Canadian Superstore has been filled with many ups and downs, where I've seen many different people come and go. The store runs like any typical retail grocery store, so if you've worked in one, you understand how the management and operation works. I loved this place mostly because of the interactions I had with customers, especially during the garden centre season when I'd see frequent buyers coming annually. I also loved the relationships I built with my coworkers. For people i thought I would have only been friends with at work, I've developed a close relationship with some of them even a few years after initially starting there.
Worst Company to work for.
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario8 March 2018
Good luck working for this company, they are all about cost savings and don't consider employees well being or hard work. I would reconsider applying to Loblaw companies ltd. Shame it is a "Canadian" company as it does not give us a good name.
Pros
none.
Cons
Extra work, low pay, no flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.