Loblaw Employee Review

unless you are in upper management this is not a good job
supervisor (Former Employee) –  High River, AB17 October 2013
typical day as a department supervisor is very long hours and everything needs to be done on your hours, you are not able to schedule the hours you need to perform well in your department. This makes your bonus impossible to reach, even if you did it isn't much that you can call worth you giving up your life. I say life because there is no work life balance you are in store at least once a day, if not you will be called and expected to fix it over the phone or drop what you are doing and go in to help out. This might be expected from non management staff but it comes more from incompetent managers that do not know how to do anything without the help of dedicated staff.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
bad hours, poor pay, terrible managers, no job security

Other Loblaw Employee Reviews

A god and friendly place to work at
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Was great whiles I was there with good management.coworkers were friendly.I also learnt a lot about customer service there. Very.good training with great patience
Pros
great company overall
Cons
night shifts
NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 April 2018
It was a great place to work for the last 19 years. Being in charge of employees every night and making sure everything went smoothly was something I took pride in. I have been certified in operating a forklift for the last 18 years and it is a part of the job i enjoyed the most as well as the people I worked with.
benefits
Cons
night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.