Loblaw Employee Review

Physically demanding & minimal supervision
Apparel clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2014
Five-hour standing, walking shifts with minimal training. I learned how to use a cash register, do sales, returns, exchanges, inventory, pack garbage, recyclables, clean & maintain fitting rooms. Co-workers were had unreliable attendance & did not help tidy the section. The hardest part of the job was standing for the entire shift. Management did not continue to train to add to the variety of the position. Therefore, the daily routine became boring. The most enjoyable part of the job was no pressure & coworkers taking over when my shift was over.
Pros
Employee discount after 6 months
Cons
Standing on cement floor.

Other Loblaw Employee Reviews

hard work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2018
management was horrible which is why I left, they didnt know how to treat their employees with respect. the co workers though made the shift quite ennjoyable
Cashier. Elmsdale NS
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmsdale, NS21 May 2018
Looking for job for pocket money, this hours here won't even give you that. The only people who get the most hours and it's almost fulltime , is the main staff's sons/daughter/or relative. The workers are good but the complain about no hours . Fast turnover in staffing. Management is not there for the workers but the customers. Useless. If your not a family member your nothing.i never did receive my full uniform in the months I was worked there.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
No hrs, to much favortism and ruined my own clothes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.