Loblaw Management reviews

nice work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2018
great management,great experience. some days are tough but youll get through it. they enforce safety as priority and you get free coffee which can be nice.
Perishable Days Management is trash
Warehouse Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 August 2018
Management doesn’t care about anything outside of the factory, my grandfather recently got sick and i needed time off and they had absolutely no sympathy and actually made me work instead of being at my grandfathers bedside with the rest of my family. All they care about is meeting quota. Would recommend this job if you love getting pushed around and like getting ignored by management. Most disrespectful work environment I’ve ever been in.
Pros
Nothing.
Fast Paced
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2018
Lots of deadlines, extremely fast paced with lots attention to ensuring the customer has been served in the most out standing way to ensure they feel they are number 1.
Unionized organization which at times can hinder your hours of work. It's a very clique organization and at times fitting into the clique can be cumbersome.
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
Management and the clique
amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 August 2018
loblaws is the best place I've worked so far. management is outstanding and treats customers and coworkers with respect. coworkers were also very respectful and everyone got along great which made the work day so much better.
Ok place to work leadership and wage was a issue
Loss Prevention Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
Loss Prevention leadership was a issue for the majority of Loss Prevention Representitives. Also, there was a lot of turnover and not a tone of room to advance with low pay.

However, store level management was great! And it was also a great place to gain experience and I had the privilege of meeting many great people and develop a solid understanding of Security, safety and compliance which has helped me in my new role.
Strong company but unstable senior leadership
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 August 2018
Loblaws does great work to persevere in a difficult retail environment. However, turnover of senior executives over the last several years has weakened culture and overall direction.
Horrible place to work.
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NS30 July 2018
The morale is horrible at this store within the department. The actual department manager doesn't work this department so they have no idea how it works. Orders are barked by the backup manager too while she hides in the corner ignoring customers.Finally posting my review to hopefully deter people from getting trapped like the current employees. I hate shopping here for this reason.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Manager
A Passive aggressive place to work for
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2018
Within my two years of working here, I have noticed that a lot of the management members are passive aggressive (mainly the front end). They have switched my schedule many times with out informing me about the changes they have made. i was constantly being yelled at for simply doing my job not fast enough. It seems like they are more worried about how fast we serve our customers rather than their quality of service. Definitely will not be working here again.
Pros
two paid breaks
Cons
being disciplined for doing your job correctly
Fun busy place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2018
I enjoyed working at Loblaw’s but I found that they wouldn’t accommodate me with my hours being a student at the time and that’s what ended ultimately ended my career there.
The management we’re OK I only really ever is associated with my immediate manager which was the front store manager.
The other managers were never seen they never talk to you
Pros
Was very busy and fun place to work
Cons
Would not accommodate the fact that I was a student with my hours
Management really ruins it
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 July 2018
I worked in 2 positions for the company and the management really ruined the whole experience. While coworkers were fantastic, management was always very unhelpful and never went above and beyond... barely made expectations.

Benefits were okay, salary was passable.
Pros
Coworkers
Working culture and opportunities
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 July 2018
Great company to work for, one of the best senior management. Very good work life balance really enjoyed working 28 years for Loblaws.
I have had the opportunity to work on different positions within Loblaws each position had challenges of its own, I really enjoyed working hard and learning new things. The best thing was the opportunity to learn new systems and work on various projects. The most difficult time was SAP store go live nights, we always had issues with various items, but we worked like a team and made sure all issues were fixed before the stores opened for business.
Pros
Best senior management, great working culture
Cons
Not so good middle management
Friendly place to work
Part time General Merchandise & Electronics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON21 July 2018
A typical day includes cleaning up and maintaining the department, ensuring customers get what they need and making sure products are scanning accurately as well as putting out stock on the shelves. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the job is being of service to costumers or colleagues, i enjoy helping out people so in this aspect i'm pretty satisfied. Management is friendly and understanding for the most part, I've never really had issue with that either.
Productive and fun workplace.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2018
This workplace tries to strive for good workplace culture entailing co-worker bonding, respect, and acknowledgement. Management reflects none of these values and belittles employees that have been with the company for more than 5 years.
very fast paced working environment
Associate Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 July 2018
your day varies depending on which department you work in. You have to multi-task a lot and handle multiple projects at the same time. have to have very good time management skills
Good hours, terrible management environment
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2018
The only good i could say about Loblaws is, at the store i worked at least, the hours were good and mostly consistent. Anywhere from 24-40 hours a week at the part-time level. The incredibly terrible management culture there sours the otherwise decent experience. Bullying/name-calling of other managers and employees, micro-management, and utterly no feeling of appreciation or respect.
Pros
Hours, co-workers
Cons
Terrible management and culture.
misogynistic culture
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON11 July 2018
poisoned work environment
bullying
employees are considered disposable
bottom line is most important
work ethic and skills are not recognized
company is controlled by union
Cons
nepotism
Paid well
N/A (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 July 2018
Turn over company, will always profit as a company; individuals won't proper unless they are willing to move to various different departments. Very new people in all levels of the organization, not a lot of history can be gained. Very relaxed workplace culture. Hardest to change views of those not versed in what they are representing. Most enjoyable; the pay.
love working here great team great work
Part time job as produce clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2018
lucky enough to work at loblaw supermarkets, great team and a great leader who guided me to do the best,
flexible working hours,
learned very much about the costumer services
super talented management guided me to do the best at job
as i said i worked with the best team
hardest part is to say no when we were out of something
most enjoyable and best part is to interact with new people and to give them best customer service
Dont work for Vendor Audit
Financial Analyst, Finance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2018
Very flexible hours, but most likely OT every day.
No career advancement within the department.
Management does not care about your growth.
High turnover.
Terrible Front end Supervisor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  BC29 June 2018
Worst place I've ever worked. They don't care about well being of employees unless you suck up to them. Do not work here. Most Cashiers leave by the one year mark of working here.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.