Loblaw Management reviews

Cashier. Elmsdale NS
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmsdale, NS21 May 2018
Looking for job for pocket money, this hours here won't even give you that. The only people who get the most hours and it's almost fulltime , is the main staff's sons/daughter/or relative. The workers are good but the complain about no hours . Fast turnover in staffing. Management is not there for the workers but the customers. Useless. If your not a family member your nothing.i never did receive my full uniform in the months I was worked there.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
No hrs, to much favortism and ruined my own clothes.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 May 2018
Good place to work people are friendly and nice, they respect each other, verygood management they support any kind of activities.. Good start to new in the company good pay and benefits aswell.
Great place to work with lot of opportunities to rise.
Transport Specialist-Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Last Location Cambridge,2 May 2018
I had great opportunities to rise, work independently, flexible hours and good cooperation within team members.
Management was great. Environment good. Gym facilities.
Pros
Discounts
Productive and interesting.
Stocking shelfs (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2018
Easy going, did what work you had to do then moved on to help others who couldn't finish theirs on time. Management was awesome and really friendly. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake for the whole overnight shift, most enjoyable is that it was quiet and relaxing.
Pros
Management was awesome
Cons
some employees were rude
Typical Retail Job that I would rather not go back to
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
It is exactly what you would expect out of retail; people who don't want to be there (who won't follow rules and have poor attitudes), unions that prevent anyone from getting fired(it would take a crime to get someone fired instead of constant employee negligence), Managers whose job is always on the line whose attitude then trickles to the employees(general complaints mixed with unrealistic demands), and you always get that one customer who thinks the world revolves around them. Finally, greedy top level owners who have no idea how to make money. Now this dosen't apply to everyone, I had good colleagues, managers, and customers but there was just enough bad to make the job unpleasant. Overall, the pay was okay but I would only ever do it again if desperate
wouldn't recommend it.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC29 April 2018
I would not recommend working in produce. one of the supervisors is unpleasant to say the least. just avoid it if you can they don't pay enough to deal with her.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor leadership
great place for longterm
Bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2018
my location in south keys had an amazing management staff and the while team was like a family. learned a lot of customer service. was there for two years as a student, very accommodating to my availibility
busy environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
busy workplace with lots of standing and short breaks.

flexible shifts

i enjoyed serving customers and meeting new people.

management were friendly and understanding.
Pros
10% employee discount
Cons
long standing hours
A god and friendly place to work at
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Was great whiles I was there with good management.coworkers were friendly.I also learnt a lot about customer service there. Very.good training with great patience
Pros
great company overall
Cons
night shifts
Worst job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 April 2018
In my opinion and although it was very long ago, the warehouse is the worst place i have worked in my life by far. The management were really rude, condescending, and unhelpful. The turnover rate is tremendously high and for good reason. They have unpaid breaks, work you to death with their impossible time standards. You literally had to be in a constant sprint when completing orders and also, work into and come back early from breaks or you would be written up if you didn't make their time standards. HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK.
Productive workplace
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 April 2018
Busy workdays with quotas to meet for each and every day. Management is great with group huddles every morning and supportive managers that'll answer any questions you have.
Good place to start but not to linger.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2018
Referred to as Blue Culture because it represents open and honest communication, the workplace culture was suspect. Morale was actually worse after the introduction of Blue because people were laid off regularly and everyone including HR had to pretend it was all good. So employees were always nervous and scared. Management was suspect because of the scandals (price-fixing bread, hacked & stolen PC Optimum points, etc.) Management was often lacking in oversight and training (financial, no people skills, no repercussions for under-performance). People over-worked, stressed out, and often work evenings and weekends.
Pros
Good for the resume
Cons
Salaries not competitive. Company doesn't really care about its people.
low moral
Retail Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 April 2018
Worked here for many years and the moral of the workplace is very low. There's a major disconnect from head office and retail level. The company only hires the people that are related the them or are liked and bypasses employees that are more qualified.
Lots of on the job experience
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2018
I would prep food and manage team on a regular basis. I learned team building skills and management skills. I also learned how to complete tasks efficiently and work with the public. Management would given instructions and was my job to execute them.Work culture was friendly and job oriented. The hardest part was the inconsistent hours, the most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Excellent company to work for. Everyone is a valued employee. Lots of perks working at Headoffice . Always something exciting going on. Blue culture
Category Director (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2018
Head office is close to hwys. Room for advancement. Great senior management team. Get treated with respect. Excellent for mellenials. Helps to be strong on computer skills.
Pros
Subsided cafeteria. Very cheap meals. Freebies given out all the time from suppliers.
Cons
Tough to find parking close to building if you come after 8:00 am
quiet
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON4 April 2018
worked nights good place to work management was good on nights most fellow workers ok some not hardest part of job for me was receiving trucks most enjoyable was the pace to work at
Pros
free coffee
Cons
night shift
Successful Company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 April 2018
Loblaw continues to impact Canadians in Health and Food retail. My experience provided a great learning experience in retail health care management, leading to results.
Pros
salary, colleagues
Cons
workload
Good
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 March 2018
Needed alot of upper body strength. Fast paced environment where you are able to do meaningful work. People were friendly and management was extremely helpful and accomodating
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Sometimes I would be sore
No respect for individual needs, health and safety.
Departmental Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On26 March 2018
Work is often times unsafe and management does not care about these issues. Employees are expected to essentially climb shelves in overstocked freezers with slippery floors, navigate cluttered backrooms for inaccessible products and more. You are made aware of your rights as an employee during onboarding, but past this point health and safety does not exist.

As a student, I was not accommodated with my hours, and when I had to get another job to support myself because of lack of hours, they were also not accommodating with this either.
Cons
Terrible scheduling, no flexibility as a student
Would not recommend
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2018
Little room for job advancement and even if you do get some sort of promotion you have little to none job security. You are not rewarded at all for your accomplishments and after working your a** off for a year trying to be the best colleague that you can you are rewarded with about a $300 raise at the end of the year, virtually a kid in the balls.
Pros
free lunched about 2 times per year, usually PC food that is about to expire and cannot be sold to the public
Cons
Management doesn't really care so if you are late for your shift its no big deal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.