Loblaw

Customer Service Representative149 reviews
Canada149 reviews

Found 149 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,088 reviews

Fun and Productive Workplace depending but sometimes stressful

Overall my experience working there was rather interesting, some days were good and some days were a real pain. It really depended on who you worked with. I got along with most of my co workers so when the right people were working it was fun. Other times it is slow, management was okay. Only issue as customers tended to be entitled and demanded you fix their every problem.

Negative place to work, poor management

It started off as a good place to work positive atmosphere and good management, has since (in two years) gone downhill management is toxic no support and rude/belittling. They cut hours to an unworkable amount and then try to justify their actions. Overall negative now

Cons

Poor management, no support, negative work environment

Insights into Loblaw

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

If you're in a unionized store, it's great. Advancement is possible with hard work

Reasonable pay rates. Good health and safety standards. When you've been employed long enough you can achieve a good work/life balance.Choose any position other than being a cashier. Cashiers are treated with a distinct disrespect in the company and are often take the brunt of customers displeasure with bad company policies. Head cashiers are harried and overworked and need to be taskmasters.Some benefits. You may have to work 10 or more years before getting a management position from within.Unionized stores help fight ageism and discrimination. They have no plan in place for long-term employees who become handicapped while employed. This is why I left the company.

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Not a good position if you are handicapped or can't stand for long hours.

Good entry level retail job

Great job for students or retirees. No chance for advancement. Lots of turnover. Customers are difficult most days but other days they’re okay to deal with.

Pays the bills

Go to work. Do your job. Lots of drama from long time employees. Need more updated tools to do the jobs right. Theft is awful at this location. Low amount of hours.

Management can be difficult but fairly easy work if you don't mind the rude customers once in a while

Working at loblaws was fine. It's a fairly simple and easy job. Easy to just clock in, do your work and clock out. Rude customers once in a while, management not always the best, asking questions why you're calling in if you have to. Simple and easy retail job. Pay progression is minimal, need to be working there for years to make any progress. Hard to switch from part time to full time.

Very sociable work setting with free (non-alcoholic) drinks.

The management was very supportive and stuck out their neck when I broke a window. The CEO wanted to fire me, my immediate supervisor said no. He argued I made a simple mistake and I should not lose my job over it.

Pros

Pretty much set your own hours.

Cons

A lot of standing and walking.

Unsupportive environment

Makes for a very uncomfortable work environment due to employees constantly gossiping to each other and mangers gossiping about their employees to everyone rather than discussing the issue with the employee involved.

Pros

Flexible hours, easy to advance to a higher position, 2 weeks vacation time

Cons

Mangers gossip, leave unprepared employees in charge, old systems that break down often, lots of cliques formed, front end managers sit in the office and get other employees to do their job for them, high turnaround

Save Yourself

low pay, no respect, no room for advancement, and toxic environment. the endless stream of price matchers will cause issues in all parts of the store, and the management will make you look bad for saying "no" even when you follow the clearest of rules

Pros

respect for therapists

Cons

not paid enough to afford therapy you will need after working here

It was fun in the beginning, but at the end it was frustrating and I had to leave.

I enjoyed myself while with them, my supervisor was the best. It’s a good place to start while you make up mind on what to do, because for me I was there 5 years and went to school later.

A way too stressful environment for a part time job

Barely got a break or a lunch for 8 hour shifts, management rarely came down to help pick orders unless you are very very backed up in rare cases. The customers can be very snobby at times and the work environment can be very disorganized. When orders aren’t coming in and you’re currently waiting for customers to pick up their orders, management can make you go on cash and then customers will be calling to say they’ve arrived while you’re in the middle of cashing someone out.

Pros

Could meet good work friends and you get a 10% employee discount

Cons

Rude management, breaks or lunches may not be given if it’s very busy, short staffed.

Fun place different cultural integration

Fun to work at the Loblaws stores with good teams. Managers provide great support for the work options and can manage work life balance for minimum pay job

Very poor working environment

I was very grateful I was only a part-time employee. I found the management team stressed out and miserable most of the time. They were very poor at acknowledging people for a job well done. The environment overall was very negative.

Pros

Flexible hours/ union

Cons

Poor management

Good job

Nice and easyGood coworkersEasy hiring processSimple jobFun work environmentSimple jobEasy interviewBad trainingGood managementNice break roomFast paced

Customer service / cashier

Bad managers at some locations using fear based management. Inconsiderate about other life activities like exams, tests, etc. Not very accommodating when shifts need to be exchanged or with schedule changes

Pros

Secure employment

Cons

Bad work culture

Make it what you want

Remain positive despite the negative feedback you get everyday no full time better have a second job if you want to eat. Staff discount at least, and pt benefits

Pros

Free snacks sometimes

Cons

Shifts have no pattern

Very poor pay hours cut but expect same results

Very poor payHours are constantly cut in depts but same results expected. Very stressful high pressure work environment with low pay no security snd high performance expectations.

Busy place to work with a diverse employee pool.

Constant understaffing leading to overworked employees on a regular basis. Pay is not fair for work expected. Advancement is difficult. Emphasis on profit clearly outweighs employee well being.

Pros

Interaction with the customers

Cons

Pay is not comensurate with performance.

Entry level

Thankless company. Raise of a nickle every 500 hours worked. Benefits are disallowed for way too many reasons. Dollar for dollar union dues equal same as income tax deducted. Moral can be best described as beatings will continue until moral improves.

Pros

Eventual discount

Cons

No support when customers treat you like garbage.

Better off becoming a $tr!pper

Working in the front end of the store is probably the worst. The pay scale is quite fu(ked up for the lower paid employees who actually step up. Management will waste your time with bullsh!t and be surprised when you are behind... avoid this place if you can.

Pros

Extra hours once you have seniority

Cons

Crazy and sometimes toxic environment, almost under minimum wage.

Stressful and tiring. Heavy lifting required

I would not work for this corporation again. Scheduling was inappropriate and understaffing was constant problem requiring overtime. Staff calling in sick and high turnover.

Pros

Lost weight

Cons

Long hours, unappreciative management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement