Loblaw

Loblaw: 4,040 Employee Reviews

Canada4,040 reviews

Found 4,040 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,124 reviews
zehrssuperstoregrocerystorecolleagueunionshiftdepartment

Didn't like it, would not go back

Work there for 9 years and the harder you work the less you are rewarded, very pushy and Expect a lot for little pay, and a lot of back stabbing.......

Pros

People

Cons

Alot

not great

They work you hard for the entire time you're thereManagement isn't great and they're constantly pushing you to do stuff even when there is nothing to do. Bad culture.

Pros

Breaks always given

Insights into Loblaw

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

I I’m very pro active and achieve what I need to

I enjoy working there everyone is helpful and it’s a multi cultural place we support being an ally and want everyone from every culture to feel welcome and happy to be part of a great company

They will hire anyone

Only go here if u really need a job or are looking for warehouse experience as a receiver. They will hire anyone and the majority of the people that work here are kids or foreigners. The workplace can be toxic as their is lots of gossiping and sometimes nitpicking and harassment. Some managers can be cool but most can have a crabby attitude with lots of nitpicking. If u work full time their is the possibility of having split days off. Full time their is 37 hours with no possibility of overtime. I have seen 3 people quit in 1 night as it can be very stressful. The only good thing I have to say is the job security is a plus as their can be favoritism. U will learn that so.e people will make twice as much as u and u can never get to their level because the company like to Nicole and dime you as much as possable. Only go here if u are desperate for a job.

Best part is the other workers, work is very exhausting

Selecting is basically just lifting cases for 8hrs straight. Very exhausting and the incentive is not worth the amount of work you would have to do to get it. If you have great cardio and endurance than maybe this is for you otherwise you will have a very hard time.

Definition of minimum wage job

Manager and owner were very stressful and on the edge of demeaning. Worth working here if you need a job. Good for students needing summer job. Wouldn’t recommend long term.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Stressful

Decent work, but high expectation

After you work for a while longer, you are expected to meet a quota. Hard to achieve if you slow down or take breaks. Very good workout though. Supervisors are great people.

Nice place to work at.

Not a bad place to work at. As a bakery clerk, I had to deal with a lot of being cold since I would often go to the freezer as needed. It was not the worst place to work at.

Casual

Loblaw pays less as compared to the market. They will hire internal people only and politics involved. You will not get chance in higher managment and fav people only get chance in higher management even if you are more qualified compared to other person

The job is easy but the management is mediocre

Great place to work at but some of the people hired are not. The chance to grow is not there. You can be the top personnel in your space you can even be more qualified than your manager but because he/she have been there for longer they will keep the higher job. The other problem is the constant mistakes being made. Since the manager is mediocre we continue to go through the same problems especially during holidays and I start to tell myself all of this could have been prevented if she simply done her job it does not require rocket science level intellect.

Enjoyed my time working with loblaws, the managers are understanding and nice. the work culture is fun also. The manager always gave good feedback and encouragement. I felt welcomed by my coworkers and enjoyed many positive interactions with them.

if you want money and benefits go for it!

if you want money and benefits go for it! they pay good but you need to work hard for it! good company with horrible management! you will start as an order picker. good luck!

Just okay

Most management is extremely frustrating. Can get a lot of hours if you work there for long enough though. Can be frustrating only getting 4 hour shifts, and there is not really any way to move up in the company or make more money. It is fine for a first job I guess.

Simple Labour

Depending on your location, the team can be great. Management answers to corporate decisions, makes mouth sounds to employee concerns. Would not work there again.

Great place

Great place to Work. Great culture and room to grow. Fast paced and customer service focused. Good training programs and internal communication is employee focused.

Poorly paid back breaking labour, with a heaping helping of corporate patronizing

This is one of those jobs where you get paid the bare minimum, get tons of shifts but no hours, where management thinks 'appreciation' means giving you a chocolate bar + words on a whiteboard, and where your coworkers are free to treat you like trash and dump extra work on you. The average workday is wandering around aimlessly trying to find something to do for the cameras, any and all benefits are through the union not the company, and management will constantly give you shifts that end late right before ones that start early, or work you for 6 - 8 days at a time without a day off.

Pros

employee discount, occasional free food

Cons

hours are hard to come by, coworkers are awful, work is aimless, shifts are whatever you are given

Don't waste your time

The pay is minimum wage, and you have to pay Union dues on top of it. So expect to make less then Minimum wage. The hours are what ever they decide. They wont hire Full time, so on a good week 27 hours. Its not enough to pay your bills. No chance at advancement people have been there 14 years and cant get full time. Expect to work weekends and holidays its retail.

Pros

Cons

everything

Terrible hours

Will not get enough hours at all expect 8 hrs a week, only get 4hr shifts. Most hours I got was 23 in one week, got a lot of evening shifts. Had to pay union dues.

Pros

Customers

Great

Great selection, products are regularly in stock. It's the preferred choice for Atlantic superstore location if you found the Portland street one to be too daunting and large.

Fast paced, ok to work for

The amount of work in the seafood department did not pay enough for the job. The job description does not match the pay. And you will never be a full time employee as they only hire for part time.

It's 8 hours + Over time routine job

Nothing different to day operation you are required to do what the system instructions. There are instants different location needs helps to complete days operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement